7.3 powerstroke in 2.6 class

My truck don't run to bad for only using a gt38r. thats what i have ran for the last three years and bought it used. If you go with the DIY injectors you can spend about 1500 for stage III's.

it is deffinitly a road less traveled. but nothing looks better than a old body ford rolling coal down the track!!! i'm a dodge guy but the obs fords :bow:

turbo mount kits (t-netics stgII) run <$1200 new
s400 $1500
dbl disk 3800lbs 12buton ceramic 1400
inj. 2000 hybrids 200% over nozzels
hpop dual diy kit or diesel site new one thats comming (not the pulse)
the new one is sweet works very well. seen it make good numbers.
fuel sys. 1000
head studs 430
springs 150
pushrods 200
tunning with chip 750
i/c 250 take off

good luck and put another stroker on the track.

Well after a lot of thinking I have decided to build a serious 2.6 class 7.3 powerstroke pulling truck. Definitely more expensive than a cummins but after talking with my engine builder it should be able to run with the best 2.6diesels trucks anywhere when he is done

The truck should make it's debut at the TS Outlaw event this spring, if I don't make there, it will be at Full Pull Productions first pull at Mercer Raceway Park in Mercer, Pennsylvania on May 23rd

Where are you from? If this truck makes it to Mercer let me know. I'll make the trip.

Mercer 2006

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oorsfB_NKq8&feature=channel_page[/MEDIA]

Well after a lot of thinking I have decided to build a serious 2.6 class 7.3 powerstroke pulling truck. Definitely more expensive than a cummins but after talking with my engine builder it should be able to run with the best 2.6diesels trucks anywhere when he is done

The truck should make it's debut at the TS Outlaw event this spring, if I don't make there, it will be at Full Pull Productions first pull at Mercer Raceway Park in Mercer, Pennsylvania on May 23rd

glad to here there's gonna be another good running 7.3 out there running around. who is going to build your engine?

I would LOVE to see a great running PSD running down the track, it mixes up the Daddy bought Duramax's and the million Dodges!

But to me it seems the PSD's run great down the track, but when the sled starts to hit they dont have the grunt to keep the sled moving....or is it just me???

LOL The sled in the video I posted is a speed sled. It's fast through the middle and hits you like a wall at the end. If you listen to the end of the video you can hear the rear axle snap.

Where are you from and who is your engine builder? I have a bag o tricks scattered all over my work bench to make a 7.3 run, but I would be very cautious about making the statement that you can build one to compete in the 2.6 class. Is it possible? I think so. Is it easy? Hell no.

Jason, where have you been? I'm surprised it took you this long to comment.

Jason, where have you been? I'm surprised it took you this long to comment.

You might be suprised to know that I do have other things I do besides troll the forums :poke:

Seriously just been real busy and only jump on here for quick bursts, and I musta missed this one.

I'm from northeast ohio

Sorry guys not saying anymore just yet except that it is a small shop that has already built one other 2.6 powerstroke with 600+ horsepower

I'm from northeast ohio

Sorry guys not saying anymore just yet except that it is a small shop that has already built one other 2.6 powerstroke with 600+ horsepower

If they built a 2.6" charger 7.3L PSD with 600 fuel only HP then I am impressed. Just be very cautious about going forward without calling and talking to some people first. That is about the best advice I can give you.

Good luck.

Jason

The only GOOD runnin 7.3's I've seen are 2.8 and 3.0. Mech and Hotrod both have some good running 7.3's but its takin some time and money to get to this point I'm sure.

If they built a 2.6" charger 7.3L PSD with 600 fuel only HP then I am impressed. Just be very cautious about going forward without calling and talking to some people first. That is about the best advice I can give you.

Thanks

I'm still trying to get ahold of the owner of the other truck , But I have talked to a few people who have had motors built by him and they said they were happy.

mjf1989 I don't want you to think that by my posts I'm calling you out or anything like that. There just aren't that many good running Fords out there and if you make it to Mercer I'd like to see it run. That is a tough track to pull on.

Oh ya mercer is a good one!! Kevin I know of 3 other 7.3's that will be at mercer this year. But they will all have 3.0 chargers

i think my truck will be a 2.6 truck this year.............

geeze Joe, I thought you were getting out of pulling, then diesel in general, then building the dmax for racing, then getting into sleds..........

mjf1989 I don't want you to think that by my posts I'm calling you out or anything like that. There just aren't that many good running Fords out there and if you make it to Mercer I'd like to see it run. That is a tough track to pull on.

I don't think that at all. Actually I agree with you about there not being that many good running fords, that is why I would like to build one.

I will let you know if I will be at Mercer, I hope to be since it will be a Full Pull Productions points pull

Back