833hp Common Rail Single turbo on #2 I am back

Will you get the school bus on the rollers uncorrected at Bandimere so we can see what it will do? The latest #s are up in the 1100 range at sea level?

well...in my opinion, cf may have a very small factor, but not much. the only factor would be not being able to make full boost. i did hear at the dp challenge that a few guys were down a couple psi. but, uncorrected seems to have become the law of the land, and i think if we all stick to that then thats it. you may be able to think to yourself it should be higher, but on paper its not. richard had mentioned he may justify adding a point or two, and that may be a lil closer, but why bother.

LMFAO law of the land. I scoff at your "law of the land". Please make sure and post your #s on Richard's dyno at Truckfest. In fact go ahead and put it in your signature as the "Law of the Land" HP... all 479 of them lol.

well dukey... noone gives a rats a$$ about corrected #'s. thats my point. if you dyno lower somewhere, ur turd makes less power there.

duke1n said:
LMFAO law of the land. I scoff at your "law of the land".

Mike, if reality sucks, just go ahead and make somehthing up LOL

Oh I see now we have elevation bigotry rearing it's ugly head. I live at sea level and my truck makes more power than your's, you no good, non-diesel tuning, low power, pretending, nobody!

No, flat landers who don't like getting beat by cloud hoppers, hate corrected #s lol.

My uncorrected 450hp would put the smack down on most of you winkleplecks.

I'm one of those people that has a difficult time putting thoughts into words, so bear with me on this.

But, altitude has a huge effect when calculation tubo maps. Plus, I don't think people are really picking up how much of a difference seeing 20 psi at sea level to 18 psi at 5000 feet really is.

For example, lets say that you normally make 50 psi ON THE GAUGE at sea level. There is a difference between gauge reading and manifold pressure, and it is only more pronounced at elevation.

For example, your 50 psi at sea level is actually 64.7 psi manifold pressure. (maybe 62-63 depending on intake/air filter. Maybe). Then you can calcuate pressure ratios, target hp, target af ratio, blah blah blah for a turbo maps.

Now lets say you dyno in the clouds, and you can't build as much boost. Lets say you hit 45 psi gauge pressure instead of 50 psi. You didn't just lose 5 psi, you also lost an additional 2-2.5 psi from elevation (12.5 atmosphere). The manifold pressure is like 57.5 (or 55-56 depending on air filter / intake again.) So you may be loosing 8-10 psi manifold pressure instead of just the 5 you think your missing on the gauge.

Not to mention air density, humidity, and any other factors you can think of.

I don't know that it makes a 200hp difference, but it sure changes a LOT of factors to be passed aside as nonsense.

When you add in nitrous.. I think it is even less of a difference. Probably a lot closer to no difference at all.

All I know is I'll kick all of your a$$'s!!:eek:wned: :hehe: LOL :poke: :evil :hehe:

Dockboy said:
All I know is I'll kick all of your a$$'s!!:eek:wned: :hehe: LOL :poke: :evil :hehe:
Now Greg...you know as well as I do not to talk chit when your truck doesn't even run. LOL

So to have the same HP @ 6,000 ft as 100ft your turbo would need to spin a bit faster? I mean, to make 60 psi manifold pressure @ 6,000 ft you'd need 65 lbs of boost where as at 100 ft you would only need 50 or so?

I'll be there but not looking likely on having the truck running. I need to get down in the garage tonight and finish up the fan setup. Everything takes double the time, effort, hassle, and money than what I thought it would.

Burner said:
So to have the same HP @ 6,000 ft as 100ft your turbo would need to spin a bit faster? I mean, to make 60 psi manifold pressure @ 6,000 ft you'd need 65 lbs of boost where as at 100 ft you would only need 50 or so?

Well, not really..

How exactly can you up the "turbo speed" to spin a bit faster in thiner air and less atmospheric pressure?

The base fuel consumption and engine efficiency stay exactly the same. Your fuel rate is the same, but now you have less dense air (and less of it) at elevation, which is going to lower your AF ratio.. So your not "burning" as much fuel at elevation as at sea level, which equals less power..

But, as I said before. With the nitrous to help the burn, I doubt it is going to make much of a difference at all.

Maybe an expert will chim in and share some opinions.

duke1n said:
Everything takes double the time, effort, hassle, and money than what I thought it would.

Mike its probably because of the lack of oxygen I mean if it can take 200 HP out of a turbo charged engine think of what it must be doing to your brain. :hehe: :hehe:

I think there is one thing we can all agree on her wicked may not have 833 hp but u do have to admit he is making great power he is atleast in the 600 hp range maybe even 700 im no expert to caculations but for him to be running big rims and tires and running a 12.02 thats smoking good job wicked

Good Job finishing in second place at your first ever Power Challange. Once you get back home we would like to see the new numbers now that you found the problem. 1000 should be there and you know there is more in time!

You have got to find a way to post that sled pull vid....just too funny, man I would like to know the sled speed before they shut you off.

Good to meet and hang out with you'll

Jim

Back