855 hp with stock turbo in compounds

Todd W

Comp Diesel Sponsor
fuel only. 12mm benched 215 pump with 191's and ddp 4's
wh1c running at a 2.4 pressure ratio running steed speed manifold with 50mm synapse gate.
turbo seems to be holding up fine, well within its map.

fuel only. 12mm benched 215 pump with 191's and ddp 4's
wh1c running at a 2.4 pressure ratio running steed speed manifold with 50mm synapse gate.
turbo seems to be holding up fine, well within its map.
Impressive, without big twins.

Any pics of your setup?

Last edited:
A 42 is a 74 or 75, correct? That's pretty common, small in my opinion for 855hp.

I believe this turbo has an 80mm inducer and a 108mm exducer. Someone feel free to chime in if that is not right. The last two didgets usually are the last two didgets in the mm size of the exducer (i.e. 4208 equals 108mm exducer).

I believe this turbo has an 80mm inducer and a 108mm exducer. Someone feel free to chime in if that is not right. The last two didgets usually are the last two didgets in the mm size of the exducer (i.e. 4208 equals 108mm exducer).

Ding ding.

Oh I thought 42's were 74.5 and 45's were 80mm.

Were they using a correction factor at the II dyno? How much?

They've got that dyno set up uber friendly.........they stick the ambient temp probe in the exhaust or what. LOL

They've got that dyno set up uber friendly.........they stick the ambient temp probe in the exhaust or what. LOL

Any well-managed....err...marketed diesel performance shop that owns a dyno will have it setup as generous as possible.

If my truck made 885 with a huge correction factor on a generous dyno, I too would go around letting everyone know what it made on the dyno. In fact, my 708 run has a huge 1.07 correction factor.....

Most everyone on this site is aware that all dynos are a little different and if you want the make killer numbers to brag about, find a generous one.

LOL I wasn't referring to his numbers. Moreso saying he should use uncorrected numbers.

Back