855 hp with stock turbo in compounds

i ran it that way for a couple days until i ended up just getting a radiator, pump and fan from frozen boost.. worked good, but works better now i think.. lol i dont have anything to back that up...

All these HUGE CFs, mine is kicking out 1.055 ... IMHO high CFs are highly giving to all turbocharged engines, they're defined around a fixed flow N/A engine that doesn't have the automatic altitude compensation of a turbocharger.

Am air pump is still an air pump. Thinner air still means less hp due to less air. While turbo engines still don't react as poorly as n/a engines at altitude, it still costs power.

yes the track is the true test, hope to find out what it runs this coming weekend.

Under Ground Diesel Performance has been trying to get a bunch of guys to show up this coming Friday night so there should be quite a few diesel racers. I believe they are going to bring their shop truck and try to break into the 10's.

Unfortunately, my Junker Drag Truck will have to stay home or at least off the track. The rear main has started to leak pretty bad and I left a few drips of oil my last track outing.

I plan to be there with my slow high 14 second daily driver, but I think my primary goal is to get some good diesel footage with my camera.

Racing is from 8pm to midnight and it's $7 to watch or $15 to race.

Am air pump is still an air pump. Thinner air still means less hp due to less air. While turbo engines still don't react as poorly as n/a engines at altitude, it still costs power.

My point was its over-compensation, not saying there is no compensation needed. Its a constant subject here because I have a mustang dyno (very conservative) @ sea level. There is more at work than JUST CFs with various dynos , there is also various factors such as aerodynamic drum loss (dynojet for example) that don't carry over from marker to maker.

Sorry for *bdh*

Under Ground Diesel Performance has been trying to get a bunch of guys to show up this coming Friday night so there should be quite a few diesel racers. I believe they are going to bring their shop truck and try to break into the 10's.

Unfortunately, my Junker Drag Truck will have to stay home or at least off the track. The rear main has started to leak pretty bad and I left a few drips of oil my last track outing.

I plan to be there with my slow high 14 second daily driver, but I think my primary goal is to get some good diesel footage with my camera.

Racing is from 8pm to midnight and it's $7 to watch or $15 to race.

great, look forward to seeing some other diesels there. I will try to get a few from my area to come as well. what time does the gate open, do they do tech at street night?

i ran it that way for a couple days until i ended up just getting a radiator, pump and fan from frozen boost.. worked good, but works better now i think.. lol i dont have anything to back that up...

I have a pump and heat exchanger from them as well, just had a hard time trying to figure out where i wanted to mount them, so i just did hooked it into the engine cooling system to get it running and have been so happy with the results that i haven't bothered to hook up the other stuff. maybe some day.

was in the same boat but i ended up just mounting it right behind the grill for ease and function.. im sure when you get those in you wont regret it..

I'd be all over that Friday night test n tune in Vegas if I hadn't busted my awesome 150$ billet input and roasted my 100$ converter DOH! Next time I guess

great, look forward to seeing some other diesels there. I will try to get a few from my area to come as well. what time does the gate open, do they do tech at street night?

The gate opens at 7pm. They have a security check to look for drugs, booze, and weapons at the entrance gate, then once inside they have a mild tech inspection that simply checks to make sure you are licensed, registered owner, and insured, then they paint a number on your window. Good to go!!!

You can run as many laps as you can get in before midnight. If gasser turnout is low, you can get 12-15 runs no problem. If there are lots of junker hoopties out that oil down the track, you might only get 3 runs.

Most recently, it has been lower turnout so lots of opportunities to run!!!

The gate opens at 7pm. They have a security check to look for drugs, booze, and weapons at the entrance gate, then once inside they have a mild tech inspection that simply checks to make sure you are licensed, registered owner, and insured, then they paint a number on your window. Good to go!!!

You can run as many laps as you can get in before midnight. If gasser turnout is low, you can get 12-15 runs no problem. If there are lots of junker hoopties out that oil down the track, you might only get 3 runs.

Most recently, it has been lower turnout so lots of opportunities to run!!!

sweet, hoping for a slow night.

I am in cedar city and smith diesel is as well.

Man I'm all sorts of messed up. Smith isn't in Payson! sheesh Where's my head..

Cool, maybe I'll stop by when I head through there one of these days. I knew there was a shop around there but never really looked for it. Good luck at the test n tune this weekend really wishing I could be there!

What mod do you have done to the truck?

I have a WH1C and a spare big turbo from a CAT 3406 off highway (S400 i think around 75-80mm) and thought it would be too big to run together.

yes the track is the true test

I am just wandering how the track is the true test? Not saying its not just wander how you can come up with a accurate hp number from racing, due to the fact that when racing part of being fast is being able to drive

fuel only. 12mm benched 215 pump with 191's and ddp 4's
wh1c running at a 2.4 pressure ratio running steed speed manifold with 50mm synapse gate.
turbo seems to be holding up fine, well within its map.

See above^

What mod do you have done to the truck?

I have a WH1C and a spare big turbo from a CAT 3406 off highway (S400 i think around 75-80mm) and thought it would be too big to run together.

I bet that setup spools like crazy and is super fun to drive! People underestimate external gates and small turbos all the time.

Back