86 f350

I need to talk my brother into swapping his 86'. He'll the body on his wouldn't take the power. It would fall off when you started it up. Hate the north.

I've got about five thousand miles on it, everything been doing good, did have to swap the tube and fin cooler out to a plate, I have a od solenoid out right now, went to put it in tonight and had the wrong part.
I bought motor mounts didn't feel like I had time to build my own.

My camera has quit on this pos phone so no pics, but I got a pulley made, compressor mounted today, all new lines installed, sucked it down and charged it, I have ac!

Congrats on AC! That's one thing I regret not finishing on my 95. I have the crap to do it except lines. I just never actually did it.

Thanks! My biggest thing was that pulley I guess, I got all new factory lines, they don't line up perfect but they work.

did you use the ford or dodge ac compressor? and who's transfer case did you bolt onto that dodge tranny?

thanks, do you have any pictures of your a/c setup. I made a bracket to mount the ford compressor in the stock location and haven't made the lines yet, but I don't think there's enough room in there to get it done.

I'll try and get some this evening, Ford compressor mounted as close to where it would have been stock, ordered new Ford lines and it all worked out.

Everything had been fine with this for some time, no worries especially with the cummins, that changed a week ago Friday. Took it on a four hundred some mile trip, running over to Ohio for a wood stove, made it about half way back and it suddenly started making a hell of a racket and losing power, looked down and oil pressure and temp was still fine, as it had been the whole way, but now it sounded like I was screening rock or something.
So anyway I had a ppump motor I was originally going to build up and probably put in this truck anyway, now I'll probably just throw it in so I have it for winter, either way I'm not through with it yet.
Probably get the motor out in the next few days and see what happened, stay tuned.

Back