86 Fummins Build

Good luck in Illinois. Where about? At least your buddy is working on painting it. That can be a short or timely process. :)

Thanks! I actually lived in northern il for 16 years before going out to ohio so Im kinda moving back, but to the opposite end of il. Im in Vandalia, near effingham. So far its been a very timely process, I hope he gets it done soon!

Unfortunately not yet. I just met with my buddy who is painting it when I was back in Ohio for the weekend. He has been really busy and now that it's getting towards the time where the truck will just be stored for the winter and I won't have much time to enjoy it we are just gonna make finishing the paint a winter project. He is also going to be building me a while custom interior as well. Full dash built out of 22 gauge steel with auto meter carbon fiber gauges as well as custom door panels and a full length center console. It will be an all black interior. I'm excited to see what he builds for that

Haven't seen any posts in a while, how's everything going? Really looking forward to seeing this thing complete. Hope all is good!

Unfortunately everything is at a stand still on the truck right now. After I moved from Ohio to Illiniois my friend who was painting the truck was supposed to be finishing up the paint job and then I would come pick it up. 9 months later I come to find out he hasnt even touched the truck and the bed still wasnt even in primer. So I paid another friend in Ohio to sand the bed back down and primer it and then I went up a couple of weeks ago and picked the truck and everything up and brought it down here to Illinois. Im currently in the process of finding another painter and should have one lined up soon so it can actually finally be painted. Its been a little bit of a frustating ordeal lately.

This is where its at now. Its sitting in the shop til it goes to a different body shop
Untitled by mattpopiel, on Flickr
by mattpopiel, on Flickr
by mattpopiel, on Flickr
by mattpopiel, on Flickr

Man, sorry to hear that. Paint jail is a real SOB! Corey Finch had a friend painting in his shop back when he had Sasquatch up and going. It was in Geneseo Illinois. PM Squatch and see if his buddy still does it. He did awesome work!

Man, sorry to hear that. Paint jail is a real SOB! Corey Finch had a friend painting in his shop back when he had Sasquatch up and going. It was in Geneseo Illinois. PM Squatch and see if his buddy still does it. He did awesome work!

Yes it is! It sucks that this is the only thing holding me up from finishing the truck. Ill have to shoot him a PM, thanks!

Finally time to get moving on this again. After looking around for months for another painter I finally found one that I know is gonna do the quality of paint job Im looking for. Ive decided to go with just a solid color now though. It will either be just the cadillac phantom grey metallic or another color similar to that if he doesnt feel comfortable using the kind of paint I bought that the last guy wanted to use. He is starting on the bed and tailgate first then on to the cab. He works at a body shop full time but is doing this after hours on the side so it will be a month or two before everything is done, but it will actually be done this time! So I dropped the bed off yesterday and I am gonna finish tig welding all the piping and some other odds and ends and get the engine out and painted.
Untitled by Matt Popiel, on Flickr

Back