A&A NADM East Coast Nationals July 16

whoops, just started a new thread before i saw this :(

anyways, could you nadm guys see if you can do something about the track prep? last year it was absolutely terrible...i don't think they tried at all.

other then that really fun event. :)

Yea, every year we give the track owner a list of things to make it better the next year . . . and he has been great about fixing it every year! No doubt he wants us diesel guys back every year!

That was on the list among other things like a better sound system and a small bus to take people from one side to the other.

Bob has always been a great guy about helping us make this event bigger and better every year!

Looking forward to this year!:cheer:

I'm going to try to make it up again this year. Last year wasnt the greatest trip home, too many problems haha. I'll probably just hit the dyno if its up and running.

I think we'll hook the 2.6 and WS next to last and last-that should give the ET guys a chance to race and pull.
Just let both Officials- sled and race know, so we aren't looking for you.

We'll do what we can to accommodate, but it may come to the point where you have to decide which one you want to do.

The race track had a longgg stretch of new concrete poured last spring. It probably has a bit more rubber on it now.

I hope you guys can work out something with the owner about getting in the place too. You know the cluster that happens at the gate. IMO, it's all because everyone in the car/truck has to sign the liability form. Was just at Zmax recently and the only person who needed to sign was the driver. That would help tremendously.

Maybe some sign telling the pullers to go to their gate would help too. Just some thoughts. It's a great event otherwise.

Bobs from NYC-aint nobodys getting inside the gate without signing the consent form.

We need more pullers coming in the back gate, straight into the puling pits, takes a lot of pressure off the front.

I thought last year was a HUGE improvement over the first year.

I think we'll hook the 2.6 and WS next to last and last-that should give the ET guys a chance to race and pull.
Just let both Officials- sled and race know, so we aren't looking for you.

We'll do what we can to accommodate, but it may come to the point where you have to decide which one you want to do.

Fair enough sir. I just wanted to make sure 2.6 was not first or something.

Bobs from NYC-aint nobodys getting inside the gate without signing the consent form.

We need more pullers coming in the back gate, straight into the puling pits, takes a lot of pressure off the front.

I thought last year was a HUGE improvement over the first year.

He is a tough one for sure. That's too bad cause that seemed to be the biggest hold up.

Well, if any of the pullers see this..... BY-PASS the first gate you come to and go to the next one down If you go in the first gate..... it's a tight squeeze down basically a cart path to get to the pullers pit.

Or come in the BACK way and not have to deal with all of the traffic at all. I took a 32' GN through there last year without any problems, a tractor trailer might have a hard time, but anything under 40' should make it without a problem the back way.

The race track had a longgg stretch of new concrete poured last spring. It probably has a bit more rubber on it now.

thank god because it was garbage last year

I hope you guys can work out something with the owner about getting in the place too. You know the cluster that happens at the gate. IMO, it's all because everyone in the car/truck has to sign the liability form. Was just at Zmax recently and the only person who needed to sign was the driver. That would help tremendously.

Maybe some sign telling the pullers to go to their gate would help too. Just some thoughts. It's a great event otherwise.

i think as long as you get there early you'll be fine... ive had no real problems in the last 2 years racing

i think as long as you get there early you'll be fine... ive had no real problems in the last 2 years racing

You're right, but it gets crowded fast. My wife and myself helped work the gate last year and it can get very backed up.

For those asking about gates:

GATE INFO:::

Spectators, racers, all semis, Main Gate, gate one, paved entrance, turn left off rt 42, at racetrack sign, onto DRAGSTRIP road.

This gate takes you into in the racer pit and parking area.

Pullers with small trailers who are not afraid of a narrow road, veer right at the last Catawissa,light, and follow rt 42 out of Catawisssa. Approx 4 miles down, turn left onto Ideal Park road, proceed about 1/4 mile turn right onto Slabtown road, proceed a few feet to the stop sign, continue straight onto Quaker House meeting road.

Approx 1 mile, turn right on Dragstrip Road, that will take you into the back gate, which is the pulling pits. Pulling vehicles only through that gate, unpaved entrance.

Was just there last friday night

Shouldnt have to worry about about traction this year it was good

You'll have to check with Chuck but I believe he lets the competitors pick which one they want to run! It is a 1/4 track but we have run both there.

I know it is a 1/4 mile Ron :poke:

Was just curious for a couple reasons.

1- want to know what tires/wheels to bring.

2- that place is hard enough to stop 7000 lbs at 11.50's ...10.50's would be a handfull :eek:

Back