Anyone done the coil over converion?

1SickHarley

Torque Monger
Anyone with an 03-04 done the Fabtech coil over conversion yet? If so, what do you think? HUGE improvement? Better turning radious? Smoother ride? Worth the money? Thanks for any input. :Cheer:

Honestly, i think the FullTraction is the only one worth buying; but damn they are slow.

I have two on order right now, hopefully one will be in today or early next week; I plan to take lots of pics for my forum buddies.

Jess@FarmboyFab said:
Honestly, i think the FullTraction is the only one worth buying; but damn they are slow.

I have two on order right now, hopefully one will be in today or early next week; I plan to take lots of pics for my forum buddies.

x2
go with the full traction over the fabtech. i think there is a member who has done it

fwiw, when my truck was being lifted over at nick's there was another leaf sprung truck being swapped to coil over. however the guy that owned the truck was using an '05+ front end from a ford. maybe nick will chime in. I think coil over would be the end all be all for my truck. :ylsuper:

Someone on FTW swapped in an 05 coil spring front end into an 03 or 04. IIRC is was a fairly straight forward install

1SickHarley said:
Anyone with an 03-04 done the Fabtech coil over conversion yet? If so, what do you think? HUGE improvement? Better turning radious? Smoother ride? Worth the money? Thanks for any input. :Cheer:

I agree with Jesse and Brad...

The Full Traction is a better designed and better built kit. The $$ really isn't that bad either, IMO.

Ride would depend on what springs you run now vs. what coils and valving you have on the coilover. If the coilover is setup right it will ride badass.

nummit said:
Someone on FTW swapped in an 05 coil spring front end into an 03 or 04. IIRC is was a fairly straight forward install

Yep, straight forward swap....get the better turning and better ride. Also, you have a larger selection of 4-Link lifts for coilovers, i.e. Donahoe Racing, Rize Industries, etc..

_CH_ said:
x2
go with the full traction over the fabtech. i think there is a member who has done it

Yep, "hotstik" did the Full Traction conversion with King coilovers on here.

nummit said:

That would be Joe, ExtremeFord4x4....he had the Fabtech coilover conversion on it first with the Dirtlogic 4.0s, but swapped it for the 05 factory suspension with just lift coils. The bracketry is still Fabtech...he asked me awhile back about making some adjustable links since the Fabtechs arent; but so far we havent done anything.

Looks like he could use an adjustable trac bar too...

The trac bar alignment is a little different, but not really a problem; pretty easy swap i hear if you have all the donor parts.

750965.jpg

Last edited:
Bart (aggie007) did the swap too...but at stock height with a stock suspension.

Dan, hit me up tomorrow...may be able to get you into one of these already ordered Fulltraction kits, i know you want one!

Jess@FarmboyFab said:
Dan, hit me up tomorrow...may be able to get you into one of these already ordered Fulltraction kits, i know you want one!

You have peaked my interest......

I will give you a call at some point after I get all the crews going and stuff..................as long as your POS cell network can find you to let the call go through :bang

LOL

this is what i need! please more info! but i need mine for pulling, stock height on my truck, whats the cost and who do i contact and how long does it take to swap??

Hmmm.. descisions descisions..... what to do. Anyone got a link to the Full Traction kit? Thanks...

Hmmm... looks good. Of course I'd have to paint everything Comp. Orange to match. I love the looks of the Fabtech Dirt Logic 4.0's though. Anyone know of any of those type shocks to run as well? I just don't SQUAT about lifts. Also, do you guys think that this 8" will match my rear springs that are 8". I'm running Superlift springs on the trucks with Fabtech shocks and hangers now. Thanks for all help everyone. I really appreciate it.

I think Jesse has some experience with the Dirt Logics.

I think they are too big for the Full Traction mount...

Personally, I'd go with the Donahoe Racing 2.5" Zoo Road coilover (they use a progressive coil) or some Kings or Fox coilovers...possibly dual rate to get the best ride.

With the coilovers you can adjust the height on them so that you can get the height where you want it.

If you would be looking for someone to install.....Jesse's in Lakeland,FL and he knows his suspensions.

I would avoid the Dirtlogic 4.0"....big springs = less fine tuning the rate. They ride rough.

Id run Fox or Kings personally.

Yeah, sounds like you wouldnt have to do anything for the rear...that will certainly gain your attention though after the swap; your notice how stiff the rear is compared to the front very quickly

EDIT...ass, quit jumpin in infront of my posts! (and yeah, the Dirtlogics wont fit in the fulltraction brackets, from what ive seen)

And i dont know what im talking about...i just make you think i do. lol

Last edited:
Jess@FarmboyFab said:
EDIT...ass, quit jumpin in infront of my posts! (and yeah, the Dirtlogics wont fit in the fulltraction brackets, from what ive seen)

And i dont know what im talking about...i just make you think i do. lol

:bang

You know....sometimes I wonder why I deal with you at all when I have people willing to pay me for this **** LOL

Back