Anyone done the coil over converion?

All depends on how good of a deal you can get on the parts from the junkyard.

If you buy new...it would run over $2000 for everything.

:confused: I know this is late in the thread but the 03's had a leaf spring set up on the front???

ZIsbell said:
:confused: I know this is late in the thread but the 03's had a leaf spring set up on the front???

exactly; thats the point.

You must have bought it from someone who did the conversion.

Well, that's a wealth of information everyone. Hey FarmBoy.... how far is Lakeland from Jax? Isn't that by Lake City or Orlando? How long do you need me down there to get all this done?

ZIsbell said:
Ok then why does my 03 have coil springs?

is it 2wd?

SickHarley...im about 45 mins outside of Tampa. probably 3 and a half hours from you maybe? Just one full day should cover it.

1SickHarley said:
How long do you need me down there to get all this done?

i hate you so very much.
are you going with coils or coilovers (and if its coilovers, which ones)?

Dan...WTF...how did you change my signature??? lol

I have no idea......

Last edited by a moderator:
Jess@FarmboyFab said:
is it 2wd?

SickHarley...im about 45 mins outside of Tampa. probably 3 and a half hours from you maybe? Just one full day should cover it.

Yep 2WD

Sorry for the double post

_CH_ said:
i hate you so very much.
are you going with coils or coilovers (and if its coilovers, which ones)?

Dude, do coilovers on your truck....... :D

ZIsbell said:
Yep 2WD

Sorry for the double post

Yeah, all 2wd f250/350 have been coils since 1980.

Who in their right mind gave Dan this kind of powers?? BIG mistake! :badidea:

:doh:

Jess@FarmboyFab said:
Who in their right mind gave Dan this kind of powers?? BIG mistake! :badidea:

:doh:

Oddly enough Jesse....I don't think you're alone in your questions and concerns on that one LOL :hehe:

I normally only use my powers for good though..... :evil

DCSpecial said:
Here's a pic from Nick's site of the one they built with coilovers and crossover steering and trac bar relocation.

122.jpg

All it needs is the straight tie rod.... :D

:Cheer:

Thats the pic of this truck....

120.jpg

This guy was in Iraq for the almost year we had it. So we had the time to play with it. And it did take alot of time. But we had another guy come to use and he had a 2002 7.3L that wanted a swap also. He droped off the truck with all brand new 2006 front axle parts. Hub to Hub, lots of money spent there. We used a Rize 12" kit for the 4-link and Sway A Ways for coil overs. This truck came out great. 1 off kits are great but when a guy calls you and want one it sucks because you need the truck. With the way we did this install, anyone can install it. Sure its not a 8 hour install but the parts are ship able. Also you don't need to use a Rize kit. Pic any of your top Mfg. kits and its like a conv. you front grill to a 05-06 style but alittle more labor.

I'll have pic's up some time mon. Don't have them with me today.

Nor-Cal Nick

When I do something, it's going to be done right. I wish they had all this crap back in 05/05 when my truck went on 38's!! I figure stuff has been out long enough to be correct. I hate buying BRAND new stuff..... like a 6.4L for example.... and them not getting all the kinks out. Ya know?

What spring rate Ford boys using in their front coilovers?

How much lbs/inch?

I am planning to run coilovers in my Dodge, but I can find nowhere correct spring rate.

Back