anyone else ever not liked their smarty?

Bob Wagner said:
Robert, You are asking for a custom tune for your truck and I am not willing to agree to that right now.

sorry

ok thats cool. when the time is right just let me know. i would like to have one of the beta programs. thanks again.

thanks bob for the new beta program. this thing is awsome for everyday driving. smoke is way more controlable. id say this would please 95% of people that drive these trucks. the other 5% im sure you will soon have a big power version for them.

feelmecummin said:
i know im getting a c5

What's a C5? A Corvette?

JacktheBear3 said:
I have several customers running them and they currently do not have the symptoms mentioned in this post, and I can pass on that they are very fond of the power the smarty is providing. All happy cummins folks I am referring to are Manual transmissions and 06 +.

Yeah, I'm not gonna lie, I have a 6 speed, so I really don't have any issues.

I'm sure that the VA product will be another great option once it it out of testing, they are a very good company and my opinion is that they are hungry for some market share.

What's the VA product?

Robertp said:
thanks bob for the new beta program. this thing is awsome for everyday driving. smoke is way more controlable. id say this would please 95% of people that drive these trucks. the other 5% im sure you will soon have a big power version for them.

Whats this BETA Program we are speaking of ...???? :what:

:pop:

Check out Dominator's Forum Bob, They are working with VA.

i witnessed it in indy, and talked to bryan (dominator) for like an hour about it.

Once I buy my CR I will be getting the c5 as long as it works out for everyone. Keep us posted if you have it or get it. I love the idea of have on the fly control. I hope it works out

i have a feeling that these two the smarty and the C5 are going to be very close to one another for competition purposes.

On-the-Fly is nice....but how do you adjust the speedo, shift points and stuff with a C5?

I am confused fellas. There are so many different opnions and programmers that I cant decide what to get. All I have is a stock 07 CR with intake and 5" turboback. I was leaning towards the Smarty because of the fuel mileage and also becaus eof the fact that it is undetectable to the dodge dealers. Diablo seems to be a good overall programmer thats inexpensive but erases key strokes when it is DL or UL. I have narrowed it to the Smarty and the Diablo Pred. I dont plan on fortifying my 48re or replacing it. Can somebody give me some advice on which one is better for fuel mileage and moderate perfromance gains. This truck is my everyday driver and dont plan on racing it at the track. I wouldnt mind getting the most power that my stock 48re can handle though. Forgot to mention that I bought the 5/60k comp warranty for my cummins so when the 3/36k warranty runs out my drivetrain ie. trannny and other mech. and electrical parts will still be covered. I dont want to have the problems that these other guys seem to be having with their Cummins CR's. How is the Predator programmer on your guys's 48re's?

Back