anyone else ever not liked their smarty?

I love my smarty, I just don't like that its biggest selling point was that it was "Upgradable" and there was all this talk of special tunes etc...

The 2nd gen guys haven't ever got an update other than those originally put on the site when the Smarty hit the market.

Maybe one day the customers who bought 2nd gen smarty's with get some thought.

getblown5.9 said:
I love my smarty, I just don't like that its biggest selling point was that it was "Upgradable" and there was all this talk of special tunes etc...

The 2nd gen guys haven't ever got an update other than those originally put on the site when the Smarty hit the market.

Maybe one day the customers who bought 2nd gen smarty's with get some thought.

ditto...:thankyou2:

Bob,

is there anything in the works for the 2nd gen guys?

i had a chance to try the smarty and it was nice but for us HP guys i didn't like the top end power lose

Graphic Man said:
Bob,

is there anything in the works for the 2nd gen guys?

i had a chance to try the smarty and it was nice but for us HP guys i didn't like the top end power lose

i dont think that the smarty will ever match a tst or comp on top end power, based solely on the way it fuels. there is a box in the works right now that will supposedly fuel as hard on the bottom as a smarty and run it all the way to the top full fuel. they claim full fuel is possible at 4k rpm. if this is the case and turns out to be true my smarty will be for sale...

Bob Wagner said:
I would hold onto your smarty until that time :pop:

oh i am, dont get me wrong i love my smarty, but if i can accomplish what im doing now with one box instead of two. I will take the other route.

Bob Wagner said:
marco iscoming to the states shortly and we will be doing some vp44 r&d

Been hearing that since I bought it. Had I known there would be no upgrades I would have spent a 1/3 of the money for an EZ to do my timing.

Bob Wagner said:
the new beta program takes care of all your concerns
Tell us a little about this new beta program. What do the changes fix and does it increase pressure like a pressure box?

I too would like to know, I am getting ready to buy a redline box and would hold off for a week or two if this stuff is going to develop any time soon... already have the smarty and would love to see a little beit more on the schedule of the ISB updates.

So that 4.4 Beta Program is what i have ...

It fuels HARD on bottom end (for a Stock Truck) i always have a steady plum of smoke (haze) coming out my exhaust now and it is cool (from a cool smoke standpoint) but this weekend i towed my trailer through the WV Mountain (Snowshoe MT) back roads and 10% grade climbs with my trailer on and my truck was BARKING Smoke all the way up (good and bad) my trailer is now BLACK, well it was black anyway but now all the dimond plate is black too ....

I think i really need to upgrade to that SILVER 64 II turbo and a SC Tranny and then i can get all the power out of my SMARTY that i can get (well after a lift pump and CP3 as well) ... But i think that i need a turbo for sure due to the fact that i have that HAZE of smoke during steady, EASY, acceleration.... or maybe that is just how the Program Fuels ...???

But i am very happy with the new program except for that i have to wash my trailer again after this weekend and i just washed it before i left ...

PS.... Level "3" is what i tow on ...

Bob Wagner said:
the new beta program takes care of all your concerns
I got the low boost code yesterday while caught up in 30 mph and less traffic on 285. I havn't had the low boost code in 10 months but this time I didn't have Smarty with me :badidea: and had to drive all the way home in limp mode.
Can you tell us a little about this new beta program and what it fixes?

Billyram said:
I got the low boost code yesterday while caught up in 30 mph and less traffic on 285. I havn't had the low boost code in 10 months but this time I didn't have Smarty with me :badidea: and had to drive all the way home in limp mode.
Can you tell us a little about this new beta program and what it fixes?
billy the best thing to do is to lower your timing. by doing that you will raise you boost and possiblie not get your code again, also because of your bigger injectors lowering your timing will only help with power allowing you to cram more water meth and fuel in there.!

i have tried this and i like the results better.:rockwoot:

Billyram if you want to try the software that Morse is running please shoot me an email.

You will love this software

DIESEL POWER said:
billy the best thing to do is to lower your timing. by doing that you will raise you boost and possiblie not get your code again, also because of your bigger injectors lowering your timing will only help with power allowing you to cram more water meth and fuel in there.!

i have tried this and i like the results better.:rockwoot:

I've only gotten the low boost code 3 times sence Smarty and I got one of the first ones. Not a problem if I have the Smarty with me. After installing the injectors I have removed the tst and now the Coolingmist. I had one of the early tsts that is not upgradable and the injectors have lowered my egts. The water doesn't make as much differance anymore and no differance in the 1320
Before the injectors I could turn the fuel up to where I was way over fueled and the water would not let the egts go over 1400*. Smoke!!! With the setup I'm running now it barely makes it to 1350*.

Bob Wagner said:
Billyram if you want to try the software that Morse is running please shoot me an email.

You will love this software
Got the 4.2 loaded and it's very streetable just like 308B but really gets it on when you put your foot in it.

Back