anyone else ever not liked their smarty?

Robert dyno a few differnt levels tomorrow and tell Chris I will pay the bill

If there is no too long of a line for wades autograph signing :hehe:

Bob Wagner said:

he's signing autographs???? That's it!!! I am going to get my tit signed. LOL :D

Bob Wagner said:

really? i wasnt going to dyno. because money is tight right now. but if your paying ill dyno. as many levels as you want.

autograph signings hahaha.

lloyd im sure he wold love to sign your tit. lol.

Robertp said:
really? i wasnt going to dyno. because money is tight right now. but if your paying ill dyno. as many levels as you want.

autograph signings hahaha.

lloyd im sure he wold love to sign your tit. lol.
I'm sure he would too. LOL LOL

Bob Wagner said:
Yes Robert. I will pay. just keeep wade foot oof the brake pedal :hehe:

heck yeah. your the man Bob.
no problems i want to put more power down on fuel again than he does. hahaha. :hehe:

Last edited:
Bob Wagner said:
:welcome:
After a little more driving with 4.2 I noticed it does smoke less and the throttle is smoother and more controlable. It keeps getting better.:thankyou2:
Thanks
Bob

After driving arround with 4.2 for a few days I'm loading up 4.4. 4.2 makes plenty of power but after talking with others running a rail pressure gauge it seems to be holding the rail pressure higher than I would want for every day driving. I only want to run pressure when racing and I believe I can get simular results running 4.4 and the va3.1. Folks that don't want to buy a pressure box and don't mind running a little higher rail pressure for every day driving the 4.2 is for them.

i think that 4.3 makes way more power than 4.4, but thats only on the ass dyno
4.4 is way more driveable though

I am pretty sure 4.2 and 4.3 are almost identical tunes. I havent run the 4.3 but thats just what I heard.

4.2 ran great in my truck with plenty of power. The only concern I have with 4.2 is the higher rail pressure it holds. This may not be a problem but I like to add pressure when I want with a switch. I will soon have a rail pressure gauge so I can see whats going on for my self. Should have allready been running one.
The 4.4 also runs great and has the power too and by adding a little pressure it may be as strong as 4.2. The throttle is less touchy or responcive than 4.2 and is a lot easer to control smoke. Mash the peddle and it will rock.

Well it cooled down a bit and I went to the strip tonight with 4.4 loaded at s/w 7 and va3.1 on 50%. The first thing I noticed was boost would come up quicker and would keep building. I launched at what I normally do on a good track arround 15 lbs. and the 60 ft. lasted 1.739, it took 7.909 to get to the 1/8 th and I strolled through the 1/4 in 12.471 seconds at 107.29 mph.
Just what I thought. 4.4 with a little help from the va3.1 would be plenty fast enough. I'll keep the milder 4.4 if it's ok with Bob.:thankyou2:

Billyram, do you have any 4.2 times to compare that too? I would like to see how close the two (4.2 vs 4.4+pressure) run on the track.

wap said:
Billyram, do you have any 4.2 times to compare that too? I would like to see how close the two (4.2 vs 4.4+pressure) run on the track.
I have only made passes with the 4.4. 4.4 with the va3.1 feels about as strong as 4.2 on the street but it's hard to tell the differance with out some kind of measurement. To run both on the strip I would have to have two smartys loaded with the differant s/ws to keep the conditions the same for both s/ws to get a good comparison. As soon as David is dynoing again near by I need to put it on the rollers. Motor with every thing turned off 270 hp,Smarty s/w #7 130hp, va3.1 50% 30 hp, II Dragonflows 90 hp=520 hp?

Billyram said:
I have only made passes with the 4.4. 4.4 with the va3.1 feels about as strong as 4.2 on the street but it's hard to tell the differance with out some kind of measurement. To run both on the strip I would have to have two smartys loaded with the differant s/ws to keep the conditions the same for both s/ws to get a good comparison. As soon as David is dynoing again near by I need to put it on the rollers. Motor with every thing turned off 270 hp,Smarty s/w #7 130hp, va3.1 50% 30 hp, II Dragonflows 90 hp=520 hp?

Oh yeah, I forgot about havin to load the differant SWs. If I were closer by I would let you borrow mine as I think this would be a beneficial comparison for a lot of people but SC may be a little far away.

Back