Assembling Project X “the Beetle “ engine

Rods by who?????????

The rods in the picture are not the ones I just finished, with an America company, made in America. You have a problem with buying American hot rod parts. Quote from comp

Howards maybe?????????????????

Last edited:
Howards a great rod manufactory, I have rods coming from another American manufactory, the rods in the picture or just what’s in this engine. I have two ALH engines in the program, and a 5.0 liter V10 , the other ALH and the V10 will have the new America made rods. The beetle or the Caddy will someday get the V10 with a power glide / GearVendors combination.

Howards a great rod manufactory, I have rods coming from another American manufactory, the rods in the picture or just what’s in this engine. I have two ALH engines in the program, and a 5.0 liter V10 , the other ALH and the V10 will have the new America made rods. The beetle or the Caddy will someday get the V10 with a power glide / GearVendors combination.

You in Bowling green yet?

Comp461, do you not realize that some people, I would even venture to say most people who are limited to only having a daily driver instead of a full out race vehicle can't take a week off to drive around and race? Most people with quick daily drivers don't have sponsors, but rather full time jobs that are difficult to get away from.

I do understand what you’re saying, but under that premise you are passively saying that we need to give everyone a trophy.

That there are no winners or losers , and that those that just can’t go fast , or make it , deserve the same recognition as the people that bust their buts work day and night , used their vacation days to go racing.

The point of doing anything difficult is that’s it’s hard to do. Setting out to build the fastest anything is hard enough, now to claim it’s a daily driver. That is one of the most difficult tasks to.

To this end you must have some form of verification. We all tell the truth, never fudge of anything in racing. But just to make sure that it’s really a daily driven street, we have to have some measure of proof.
Heck if this was not the case , we could just all claim that we could run 7’s and never have to go to the track .

Saying you Have a daily driver is one thing, proving it can drive many miles on the street, can of make pass after pass , and still drive is another.
Making one bonsai pass, to get one quick time slip , and if you break it, so what it turns in a fast time , is not a true daily driver.

Having to drive 1500 miles , without support vehicles, making a pass at each track and turning in a time slip, now that is proof.
You tell me any other way to prove it’s a daily driven street machine.

So funny....

I guess mine is not a dd...

Just has 200k on the clock...half of which is towing heavy....going to make the 1k hp mark anyday now...runs 11's on 37's...maybe faster now...but it means nothing because I have not been to drag week?

Lol

So funny....

I guess mine is not a dd...

Just has 200k on the clock...half of which is towing heavy....going to make the 1k hp mark anyday now...runs 11's on 37's...maybe faster now...but it means nothing because I have not been to drag week?

Lol

so if you never take it down a drag strip the fact that you say its a 11 second truck means what.

there has to be some form of standard. and to prove its the fastest street machine , you have to Go to Drag week, other wise its just a fast truck you drive on the street .

this would be like putting the engine beside my Beetle drive in to a beetle , and telling everyone its a daily driver

IMAG0001.jpg

...to prove its the fastest street machine , you have to Go to Drag week, other wise its just a fast truck you drive on the street ...

:umno: :bang: :doh: :blahblah1: :bs: :Throwup: :spam2: :homo:

Not worth words...

Greg, if you took what I said as intending that there are no winners or losers, I can only say that your comprehension level is significantly below par.

So, if I drive my truck every day @ 700hp, make 7-8 passes at the local strip per weekend, have each pass in the 10.9 index....

I'm still outclassed by a bug that can barely muster a damn 12?

Its chit like this that almost makes me want to throw slicks on the puller.

So, if I drive my truck every day @ 700hp, make 7-8 passes at the local strip per weekend, have each pass in the 10.9 index....

Its chit like this that almost makes me want to throw slicks on the puller.

so your truck has a TDI engine in it .

I ran 11.30's at drag week in Projecy X Diesel, the truck, I could have leaned on it and run much faster any time, but you have to go all 5 days or your out

this is about a Diesel Beetle

5 days? How about 7 years....

Trucks been on the track...and beets up fools daily on the street.

The only reason I don't brag about the results...is exactley that. Why brag amonst the 100 or so guys on the forum that are just as fast or faster? I feel like compd is more of a family or team that shares experiences with the intent to learn or help others...not a place to stand up and thump my chest and say look at me. I personally never call you out...and actually enjoy some of your informational posts...you do have a lot to offer...when your not mucking it all up with your "greatness".

A good question...do you know anything about me? No...you don't because I don't waste my time or yours or others talking about it. Its funny too...because if you asked the people who really do know me...I could go on for days about accomplishments...of which my truck is the least important of all.

But I won't...

Either way...good luck with the bug. Its to bad your not racking up the miles with truck x or whateverthehell its called...there is plenty of nobodys in idaho who would love to embarrass it if it ever showed up.

Carry on...my appologies to the grammer gods...on a phone.

Of course, it wasn't in front of a camera to be published in a magazine so that it can be uh, ..."proven".

Quite frankly, yes it does.

I ran 11.30's at drag week in Projecy X Diesel, the truck, I could have leaned on it and run much faster any time, but you have to go all 5 days or your out

I was drawing a parallel between the beetle and the ram.

You know good and damn well there are plenty of other vehicles that would annihilate either of your rides. The owners were busy...um....I don't know, working?

LOL No...this is about an insecure nozzle nut with an over inflated ego who will only compete in things where there is no other similar competition so he will not get his ass handed to him and can still say "look at me...aren't I great":what:LOL

Do you know what TDI stands for? Turbocharged Direct Injection, Id like to see a diesel this day in age that uses indirect injection, so technically yes, just about everybody on here runs a TDI.

If you could have ran much faster at anytime in Project X why didnt you?

So please tell me the difference between someone who drives 1k miles a week and runs better than a 11.3 compared to what you did, I honestly would like to know the difference, b/c there is a couple people on here including me who dont get it, the only difference is there was magazine coverage, at least IMO.

Back