Baby Swamps vs. Stock Tranny

DuraDan

Diesel Monkey
Got a 1997 Ford F350 CA truck (AB Inj.) Crew Cab Long bed... Already got an Intake, exhaust, chip, and gauges... Lookin at gettin some Baby swamps AA injectors. Read on one website that they dyno'ed 3 trucks, and they went threw tranny's in 3 weeks. Is this realistic? If i only use the performance mode at the strip will i blow up my tranny?
opinions?!
:what:

It all depends on your driving habits. The harder you run your truck the faster the tranny is going to go up. As for running it a few times down the track that will eventually catch up to it. Once you start adding horsepower the trannies don't last long afterwards. So if you baby your truck then you will spare your tranny a little more time but it's not if it will go up, its when it goes.

you will be fine if you take the time to put a tripple disc converter in there..there only 1000 bucks and will prolong your stock tranny

guess my wording is alittle funny...trust me im broke...i did things the hard way and blew ,my converter dmn near in half...wish i would of spent the 800-1000 before tunes and abuse that led to my 3k bad disicion

aw no problem...I had a local shop build my tranny with a heavyduty rebuild, suncoast tripple disk, and a transgo valve body along with some other things...bts makes a awesome trans though

just got a tugger kit, its sittin in my passenger seat, goin to probably put it in tomorrow evening... So will this help me from when im goin down the strip the shifts are not very firm... will this help "performance"?

Got a 1997 Ford F350 CA truck (AB Inj.) Crew Cab Long bed... Already got an Intake, exhaust, chip, and gauges... Lookin at gettin some Baby swamps AA injectors. Read on one website that they dyno'ed 3 trucks, and they went threw tranny's in 3 weeks. Is this realistic? If i only use the performance mode at the strip will i blow up my tranny?
opinions?!
:what:

any tunes with sticks is going to suck the life straight out of your stock trans.
the converter and the small amount of clutches cant with hold that kind of torque.

if it were me, i would get the tranny, then save for the sticks IMO.

any tunes with sticks is going to suck the life straight out of your stock trans.
the converter and the small amount of clutches cant with hold that kind of torque.

if it were me, i would get the tranny, then save for the sticks IMO.

EH ya, but if i do blow something up it has been comin, the trans has 154k miles on it and never been rebuilt =/

Ill probably blow it up then get it fully built, ill be in debt but then i wont be worried to romp on it when a ricer passes me

this is true...
i said that as i wouldnt want to be stranded somewhere when it finally lets go is all.

did you put the tugger in yet?

is it the HD-2 or the standared tugger kit.

either way, it should tighten up the shifts, and help your trans.

^^^wait till your truck wont move and you need to get to work...its a long ride driving your girlfriends chevy avalanche let me tell ya

^^^wait till your truck wont move and you need to get to work...its a long ride driving your girlfriends chevy avalanche let me tell ya

Ive got a 06' ford ranger that i can drive when i break something...
That is where my upgraded trans money is at, once I sell that ranger im gettin a bulletproof tranny :bang

well, sell that thing and call

BTS or JW

Naw, We got transparts up here in Redding, CA...
And my shop Jefferson State will build it, they have already done about 30 tranny's and, chris the guy that builds them (5150ram), his truck has held up to 1450 hp...

sounds like he might know whats going on in a 4R....
post up the progress with the swamps....

does your tugger kit have a plate? If i recall, mine was drilled 3 times before i liked how it shifted !

Back