BadB!tch's Fummins Build Thread

nice build man... i went with a similar charger set up and its amazing!..

They are just stainless steel socket headed bolts. I wanted something that was going to stand out in the blue and the stainless looks awesome on it! Way better than the stock black bolts.

Okay a question about the power steering again. How many of you kept the vacuum pump and did away with the electric one? I was thinking about trying to do this and clean up the passenger side some. Also since the dodge power steering pump has a resivoir did you do away with the stock ford resivoir or keep it?

I kept the factory Ford vacuum pump and just didn't hook anything up to the Dodge pump. As far as powersteering goes, I used Dodge pump and reservoir hooked to Ford master cylinder and gearbox.

Last edited:
How did you get that S400 to fit in there with that manifold and that ??heater box?? Still in there?

How did you get that S400 to fit in there with that manifold and that ??heater box?? Still in there?

Very carefully! No seriously it took about 4 hours of fitting to get it just right but its the attention to details that make the difference.

I am steadily making progress on my build. Hopefully all the stuff to finish the turbos will be here later this week and I can crank it. I just have to plumb up the airdog and the put the sump in the fuel tank and fill up with oil and it will be ready to crank! Then I can go ahead and retorque the headbolts and adjust the valves that way its taken care of.

The transmission is getting built tomorrow night hopefully! Im waiting to get some spare funds to order the flex a lite fans then that should pretty much wrap up all the parts.

I have to tackle the wiring which wont be hard for the engine. The transmission wiring is what im concerned about. I want everything to work like factory. How do I wire in the reverse lights? What about making it go into 4-low with the electric transfer case? I know it needs to see that the trans is in neutral and the brake is being pressed. What will I need to do to make the transmission crank with the key switch and not have a push button installed. I would also like to get the transmission temp gauge on the dash to work if its possible.

The new power steering pump came in yesterday also. Its supposed to supply a little more pressure than a stock one so maybe it will make the hydroboost and power steering work a little better.

Also I still need to figure out the cruise control. The wiring for it is a little confusing. Im not exactly sure how to make it work.

I still have to do the throttle cable. Is it easier to get a gas burner pedal or just weld a fitting on the super duty pedal? It has adjustable pedals that I would like to keep.

Also still have to figure out how to get the PCS a TPS signal. I need to figure out which way to go with that.

If anyone can help me with these questions it would be much appreciated. I know theres a lot in one post! Thank you

Ill try and post some pictures in the next few days after the turbos are completely assembled before being sent to powdercoating and swaintech. I also was considering getting turbo blankets for the exhaust housings to help keep underhood temps down a little. Thoughts?

Wish I could help a little more, we used the factory ford pedal and made a bracket to adapter to the 12v throttle cable. Then adjusted the cable with shims to adjust the pedal response. RPM starts to increase at about 8% APP.

I used the pcs cable pull tps on mine and it did great and just used a gasser pedal assembly the tps I think was like $110 ship from pcs

Just a quick update! The transmission is built and the Diesel Performance Converters quad disk converter should be here any day. Its a 1600 stall. The trans is all billet minus the drum with a PCS valve body.
IMG_20131202_160830_861_zps03e6b979.jpg

I painted it to match the engine.

I got the gauge pods in and painted and will post some pics of them later. I still have to finish the wastegate piping but the flex bellows FINALLY came in yesterday so I can get that done and finally be done with the turbo piping minus having everything ceramic and powder coated. Ill post pics of the raw piping in a day or 2 even though its ugly and has some surface rust on it. I still have to tackle the wiring and cruise control and figure out what I'm going to do for a coolant reservoir as I want something that looks nice and not out of place.

So here are a few more pics of some of the progress Ive made in the last few days. I got the gauge pods painted and the gauges pushed in. Now just to get them wired up!
IMG_20131209_144611_666_zps6d19823b.jpg

IMG_20131210_131512_126_zps43d1dcc9.jpg

Here is the Jiffy-tite quick connect fittings for the transmission lines. They are valved so they won't leak when they are popped off. They are super nice and make it a lot easier to get the lines off.
IMG_20131210_124608_121_zpsea7d2155.jpg

Got most of the wastegate pipe done today but I seem to have lost a flange or never had one. Im putting a vband flange on the downpipe to make it easier to remove. The new flange will be here Thursday so hopefully I can get it on there and have a picture of all the turbo piping bolted on the engine. Now I just have to take it to my friend and let him TIG up the stainless.
IMG_20131210_152926_704_zps29e073c8.jpg

IMG_20131210_152933_000_zps7faeb448.jpg

Hopefully the truck that is on the lift will be off in the next few days and I can get mine on there and plumb up the Airdog and sump and get it strted in the next week or 2!

Last edited:
Got the wastegate pipe done today and the turbos bolted back up in the truck to do the innercooler piping. Everything is TIGHT but it fits great. Now just need another 5" 45* bend to finish air filter pipe and the turbo piping will be done! Only the drivers side innercooler pipe remains.

IMG_20131223_192724_669_zps6587f5bf.jpg

IMG_20131223_191026_056_zps962092ca.jpg

IMG_20131223_191015_436_zpse279ad25.jpg

Ignore the surface rust on it! Everything will be polished, powdercoated, and ceramic coated before its done.

Also got started tearing into the wiring today. That is gonna be a fun job.

IMG_20131223_113206_514_zpsda0ac8a1.jpg

Now if I could just order my electric fans!

Got the wastegate pipe done today and the turbos bolted back up in the truck to do the innercooler piping. Everything is TIGHT but it fits great. Now just need another 5" 45* bend to finish air filter pipe and the turbo piping will be done! Only the drivers side innercooler pipe remains.

IMG_20131223_192724_669_zps6587f5bf.jpg

IMG_20131223_191026_056_zps962092ca.jpg

IMG_20131223_191015_436_zpse279ad25.jpg

Ignore the surface rust on it! Everything will be polished, powdercoated, and ceramic coated before its done.

Also got started tearing into the wiring today. That is gonna be a fun job.

IMG_20131223_113206_514_zpsda0ac8a1.jpg

Now if I could just order my electric fans!

Nice pipes man:clap:

Back