BadB!tch's Fummins Build Thread

Looks good Girl! You could remote mount the oil filter to give your self some more room. I Like the turbo set up!. I have a 12v in a excursion project and i kept trying to fit holset turbos in there... they don't fit well. Think I'm going to swap out to the borgewarner style. Is you head o-ringed? Where are you located?
Thanks,
Deo

How many pounds of boost are you planning on running? Are you just using head bolts and not studs?

Ill answer these questions for Skylar. She has been busy planning our wedding and hasn't had much time to be on here. I'm not even sure she has looked at this thread lately!

Looks good Girl! You could remote mount the oil filter to give your self some more room. I Like the turbo set up!. I have a 12v in a excursion project and i kept trying to fit holset turbos in there... they don't fit well. Think I'm going to swap out to the borgewarner style. Is you head o-ringed? Where are you located?
Thanks,
Deo

It took several hours get those turbos to fit in there right. I think it looks a little cleaner than going over the alternator like most people do. The block is fire ringed. We live in Cairo, GA.

Are you using the storm method to drain the other turbo or another way?

Yes the storm block has the 2 drain bosses for the turbos so that was pretty easy to figure out.

How many pounds of boost are you planning on running? Are you just using head bolts and not studs?

The boost will be determined by the drive pressure. Probably in the neighborhood of 90 to 100lbs. Yes we are using the stock head bolts. They work fine for us on every other build so why spend the money on them for the project.

I will add I wish we had went ahead with billet rods. The engine was never intended to be as extreme as it has turned out to be. We just kept finding good deals parts! We will try to keep the timing in check around 28-30 to keep from tearing anything up!

We've been working on Bad ***** along and are getting very close on it. Its down to all the nitpicky stuff now. Major thing left to do is the PCS wiring. I also need a wiring diagram of the ford transmission harness so I will know what wires to tap into for the neutral safety switch, reverse lights, ect to make the transfer case be able to shift into low range (which im still not sure how to do).

We've been working on Bad ***** along and are getting very close on it. Its down to all the nitpicky stuff now. Major thing left to do is the PCS wiring. I also need a wiring diagram of the ford transmission harness so I will know what wires to tap into for the neutral safety switch, reverse lights, ect to make the transfer case be able to shift into low range (which im still not sure how to do).

'bout time you quit fishing and catching puddin cups like Jerry Rice!!!

Well its been a long time coming but we got the truck started today! That lead to finding out that the rack is hung in the pump :nail:

It just starting reving up luckily my friend was there to put his had over the intake on the log and shut the truck off. On the bright side it did build good oil pressure before we shut it off!

Still have to figure out the transmission wiring. I still haven't found what wire to use to make the neutral safety switch, reverse lights, and what wires to tie into for the PSC to work. I cant find a good wiring diagram. I would really appreciate some help on this. To get the truck to crank we put the 5r110 on the ground next to the truck and put it in neutral! It worked for the time being just to start it but I don't want to have to put this thing in the back of the truck to get it to run haha

The pump will be sent off this week and hopefully get it back quick to get the truck back going.

Maybe you should go try a different forum instead of making your 10 useless posts to be able to PM

I hate that!

keep looking at all these posts about swaps and it makes me really want to build another, but I still want to go with an IH 360

your guys swap is looking awesome, wish I could get my GF greasy

Well I finally have an update! Got the injection pump back and it runs great!

The gauges on the dash are working but it seems like the tach is off a few hundred RPM's. What would cause this? I have an RPM dial to put on it to check it against the dash but haven't had a chance to put it on yet since the transmission is hooked up but waiting on my flexible dipstick from Suncoast to get here to start it again.

The transmission and transfer case are in the truck for good! The shifter cable is also mounted and works. We had to move the Airdog since it was in the way of the transfer case. The front driveshaft has to be shortened by 2". We are going to make a one piece rear driveshaft instead of using the carrier bearing. I want to go ahead and put 1480 joints in it if it isn't going to delay it too much.

The PCS is partially wired in. That's where I need some help. The brake input and TPS are wired in now. How do I need to wire into the VSS and what wire is it? Also need this question answered for the Tach input. Where do we wire it in? Is there anything else we need to wire into the PCS? What about the 4x4 low? We are going to sled pull it some so do I need to do that? Also what about the Calibration B? How do yall have that wired?

Does anyone care to send a base tune to help us get started tuning it???

It feels good to make some progress on it.

Here is the transmission and transfer case installed and the airdog hitting the transfer case.

IMG_20140804_113049_986_zpsz9pc5pxs.jpg

IMG_20140804_113212_441_zps6q4fqpda.jpg

Here is the lower radiator hose we made for it.

IMG_20140731_170328_713_zpsgmffhjes.jpg

After working on it both days this week it is nearly all the way together. We are waiting on a few fittings to finish the transmission lines. Also going to get the pipe to finish the exhaust in the morning as well as a 90* bend to finish the air filter pipe. Once that's done all the piping is going to the powder coating and the exhaust and turbine housings are going to get coated.

So as soon as all that gets back maybe only a few minor details to get worked out to have it driving!

The PCS wiring is done (hopefully right) I guess we will find out! We also completed the electric fan wiring today. Hopefully the other heater core line will be done tomorrow also.

Still got to do the a/c lines but I don't think that will be too terribly hard. Also the gauges in the cab are hooked up and functional.

Heres a video of Bad***** running!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb0fl2wx9b0"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cb0fl2wx9b0[/ame]

Finally have a few updates on Bad*****. Its nearly together and runs pretty good until we can get some tuning done. All the parts are powdercoated and the exhaust parts kerakoted. Still have a few loose ends to get together like a few fittings and I have an oil leak on the vacuum pump. Still have to hook up the vacuum lines and MAP hose. Still haven't got to drive it yet since the driveshafts aren't done yet. Hopefully they will be back this week.

Here are a few pictures.
KIMG0127_zpsvu4slqqf.jpg

KIMG0124_zpsrpojvjuv.jpg

Battery Box
KIMG0123_zpspruodgbr.jpg

Back