Banks is calling out Everyone!!!!

If their only goal is to set the record, who cares if there is someone to race.

If they wanted to compete, they would compete.

I pooped today!!!!!

It's more than likely a marketing angle. If no one else shows they can claim the competition was so scared they didn't even bother to show.

When in reality that's an assanine thing to expect the people that hold the records to come to your backyard to have you call them out for their records.

Maybe they decided it was pointless, from a business standpoint, to constantly run a truck with no competition. They instead focused those resources into other racing endeavors that had better competition. Maybe now if there's other cars in the field, they may stick around....

there is now other cars in the field without giant corporate sponsorship.. time to go hunting!

It's more than likely a marketing angle. If no one else shows they can claim the competition was so scared they didn't even bother to show.

When in reality that's an assanine thing to expect the people that hold the records to come to your backyard to have you call them out for their records.

That is exactly what they did in Bandimere, and most likely what they will do here if they don't get the record.

I do feel that calling everyone else out, to the almost furthest West Coast race, that happens to be in their backyards was a little chicken. Why not somewhere in the middle. Lets have Banks "sponsor" the other guys fuel money and we have a challenge. Not everyone can afford to travel that far. Put competition is competition, would be awesome to see a few rails and pro stock trucks running in Bakersfield.

I just wish SDX could have a 1/4 miles track to run on so I could see some of these big guys! That is all :(

Banks should pick up the phone and communicate. Your not an arrogant asshole if you pick up the phone and call those that you are looking to race. Ask Ben Duvall he called me up saying he wanted to hook against me in our 2.6 trucks cause he thought he could beat me. We showed, we pulled, I whooped dat ass and we went on LOL. Had to throw that in there Ben. They understand completely. Don't "call them out" to attend the event that's closest to you and furthest from them. Hit Ennis or something. That's a hell of a drive for both.

I rarely follow any kind of drag racing anymore and my diesel is just an appliance at this point so I'll reserve my thoughts on Banks. However, what I take issue with applies to all forms of motorsports. I just cannot grasp how anyone involved in any form of racing, much less half the posters in this thread, can conceivably think that racers with multi-million dollar budgets are "good for the sport." In my eyes, all these racers do is push the ability to compete out of the realm of possibility for anyone with a "normal" budget (and even that isn't cheap).

I'm an SCCA racer and I see it all the time in road racing. Take Spec Miata for example. It was originally supposed to be an entry level class because the prep was so restricted. Now, the racers with unlimited funds and full crews can afford to buy three spec engines at the beginning of the season. Run all three for one race each, save the strongest one for the Runoffs. If you want to be competitive, that's what you have to do now. The parts guys and the tire guys know what those racers can afford so they put the highest price they can get away with on everything. So the guys like me trying to get into the sport on a budget are left wondering why we can't even get a used street car cheap because all of the racers with more money than brains have inflated the prices on everything.

Yes, "more" racers may be entertaining but the guys with unlimited budgets (all of them, not just Banks) are slowly killing grassroots motorsports. If these big companies want to be involved in racing then they need to sponsor rather than run their own teams and I mean sponsor multiple vehicles/teams, not just pour money into one. Make parts affordable, subsidize entry fees, anything other than just going out to make yourself look good. Stop going out with the sole intent to break records. Unless you're talking about attendance records...

:soap: /rant

I agree
So why is there not claiming rules?

What I think what will happen is the Banks crew will race Formosa to get qualified for the finals and then come to Ennis for the world finals. If I were a betting man that would be my bet. Maybe they could be talked into comming to TS in May. it sucks that the NHRDA Denver race is that same weekend. It would be nice if the TS race and where ever the current TBA June 14 NHRDA race is could be moved to only be a week apart and be close to each other. Think you'd get a great turnout for sure

TS has been pretty much the same weekend forever..... Those guys had a blast last time they came out. It would be good to see them again.

I rarely follow any kind of drag racing anymore and my diesel is just an appliance at this point so I'll reserve my thoughts on Banks. However, what I take issue with applies to all forms of motorsports. I just cannot grasp how anyone involved in any form of racing, much less half the posters in this thread, can conceivably think that racers with multi-million dollar budgets are "good for the sport." In my eyes, all these racers do is push the ability to compete out of the realm of possibility for anyone with a "normal" budget (and even that isn't cheap).

Uhmm waaaaa!!!

Lets break this down shall we? NHRA and NASCAR for example. What do people fill the stands for? That would be the big budget fast class's. NHRA TF, FC, PStk. NASCAR you think the truck class or even ARCA would be as big without the exposer the large market big budget class's give to the others?

I love me some dirt track racing but you do not see it on ESPN sports center or the 10 O'clock news in major markets. The exposer and marketing opportunities make it easier for others to gain corporate sponsorship. If you can't see what it does for the good of the sport perhaps you are having trouble just seeing past your own limitations.

I would love to still be running in the PS class but I couldn't hack the budget so now I am getting in where my budget fits in..

Last edited:
Uhmm waaaaa!!!

Lets break this down shall we? NHRA and NASCAR for example. What do people fill the stands for? That would be the big budget fast class's. NHRA TF, FC, PStk. NASCAR you think the truck class or even ARCA would be as big without the exposer the large market big budget class's give to the others?

I love me some dirt track racing but you do not see it on ESPN sports center or the 10 O'clock news in major markets. The exposer and marketing opportunities make it easier for others to gain corporate sponsorship. If you can't see what it does for the good of the sport perhaps you are having trouble just seeing past your own limitations.

I would love to still be running in the PS class but I couldn't hack the budget so now I am getting in where my budget fits in..

But we are not of the caliber of NHRA and NASCAR yet.

And if you read yellow bullet, TF rails aren't well looked upon.

But we are not of the caliber of NHRA and NASCAR yet.

And if you read yellow bullet, TF rails aren't well looked upon.

No we are not yet it takes those people to get us there. Randy knows it you think he wants teams to at least look professional for his health? Nope it for marketing and showing corporate sponsors its not just a bunch of dumb hicks.

Yeah I'm on YB but hey if you read this thread some would think John Robinson is crappy for the sport. That obviously is as ignorant as it comes...

No we are not yet it takes those people to get us there. Randy knows it you think he wants teams to at least look professional for his health? Nope it for marketing and showing corporate sponsors its not just a bunch of dumb hicks.

Yeah I'm on YB but hey if you read this thread some would think John Robinson is crappy for the sport. That obviously is as ignorant as it comes...

Sponsors are not what makes a race. This is the problem, Not enough people in the stands. More people, more racers, better sponsors, faster vehicles.

NHRA didn't start from big sponsors.

Sponsors are not what makes a race. This is the problem, Not enough people in the stands. More people, more racers, better sponsors, faster vehicles.

NHRA didn't start from big sponsors.

Slow trucks breaking all the time do not put people in the stands. Perfect example Robinson, the Tia truck, the bigger teams that look good and perform (even fricken Wade) draw the majority of the onlookers and spectators. Those guys have sponsors work hard and look professional (at least to the average person). Those sponsors help them to accomplish their goals.

I think you are missing the point...

Back