Big Sky Diesel Nationals, Billings Montana, June 12th & 13th

Does anyone have any results. How did the canadians do. Was there any records broken.

I'm sure some of the guys will chime in today. I talked to Rob, he won Prostreet in his LBZ, Malcolm broke and couldn't make the final. Matt won Superstreet with Trent second and Rob took third. Sounds like Matt ran at least an 11.2 and Trent was in the 11.6 range. Rob ran about 12.0 in his LBZ. I don't know about Drity Max or Aaron. I don't think the fast 9 sec dodge from Canada made it either, not sure if I'm spelling his name right Drevers.

No records were broken to my knowledge.

The dyno went good until lunch time. We broke for lunch and the dyno dicided to break also. Three shreaded computers and hours later got it going, but would not calibrate. It was reading 250 horse higher than normal, so we got some really high dyno numbers.
The drags went really well. I have no results, at this time to post.
Chads camero had some new car blues. The Canadians broke, Malcom broke, the rat rod puked oil down the track it last run, and the converter in the dirtymax was not fixed from Indy but we still ran a 10.5
The sled pull went well. We had a new guy run the pull track this year and had a few bugs there.
The sled broke half way threw. Well they where fixing the sled we did a tugawar. That was a blast, I will have to add that to the menu next year.
When I get the results for every thing I will post them.
I want say a huge thanks for every one that helped. Rob was a huge help at the sled pulls thanks again.

what was the mph for the guys running in superstreet, glad to hear it was a good event

Thanks to Brad and the crew at G&J, had a really good time.It was finally nice to meet everyone. I am definatley coming up next year and I won't just sit and watch the drags!

Yup, thanks Brad, I had fun. Those sure were some good "Diet Pepsis".....it was good to be off the clock at an event also, I still may come up with a few photos from it. Chad was trapping 123mph in the Camaro with only 15 psi of boost (whoops), the rat rod was running almost 100mph in the 1/8th but running out of gear in the quarter, and couldn't hook at the line either. G&J ran 10.60-ish and 120-ish mph bouncing off the rev limiter. Dang converter. Matt Larson was pretty impressive running 11.3X all day long with no nitrous. Trent also ran 11.6 on a single cp3 and made 714 on stock rods before the dyno broke and started reading all funky. Again, a great time was had by all and that mid-engine Cummins mud bogger was sweeeet!

Congrats to G & J and the NHRDA for another fine event. The stands were jammed for the drag racing and the sled pulls/bumper tug-of-wars.:rockwoot:

You've got some crazy guys up there. All good clean, smoky fun.

I even got to help with the pulls and witness some sweet hardware on the pulling track.

It was a great event, well worth the 30 hours of driving from where I live. Broke the output shaft on the transmission again.... have to fix that somehow, anyone have a billet 2wd yet?

Thanks G and J and NHRDA for a great event

Malcolm

Correct on the bracket results, and Julie Balch (spelling?) and I were the semi-finalists. After the last minute thrash on the turbo on my F350 I ended up racing my Jetta. I'm happy with the results with a 5-speed car that I've only raced once before (and that was almost a year ago). Managed to get runner-up in the Gambler's race Friday night, and won the Matco tools rollaway for the best RT in eliminations.

I know CT Performance ended up bending a pushrod, and Chad Riley's beautiful new Camaro broke a front suspension piece.

Thanks again to G&J and NHRDA for putting on a fantastic event. I had an awesome time, despite being sleep deprived!

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Sounds like there was plenty of excitement! I'm glad everything went well and everyone had a great time!

I'm curious how people like the 1-day format that was used for this event and Indy this year. It makes for an awfully long day on Saturday, but you have Sunday to recover and drive home. I didn't think I would like it this way, but after racing two of them I think it is my preference. I was amazed how many people stuck around past midnight for the pulls at both events.

Regards,
Michael Pliska

Thank you to everyone who came out..... I made it to Seattle tonight and will work on results tomorrow.

Back