Billet CR block coming soon.. final thoughts/opinions

Just FYI, water weighs less than aluminum. The engine in the Schied dragster is a water block so strength is not an issue. The extra milling and welding means more money but it is lighter.

Weight of the block doesn't matter to much to pullers.

Well, i originally wanted a wet alum block. LSM was trying to talk me out of it for whatever reason. My meeting this week with them should hopefully iron out most of the questions. Im just looking for some opinions from you guys without getting into a pissing match.
I also dont feel a 15k block is off the wall money compared to a 13k + deck plate motor.

Well it's not your money, and not your engine so you don't have to understand. This is America after all, where freedom (to do whatever you want with an engine build) rings.

Comments like this...and people wonder why good/helpful information is hard to find on the forums any more.

Comments like this...and people wonder why good/helpful information is hard to find on the forums any more.

Don't let these guys slow you down. It isn't good ol 2007 anymore, but your information is still appreciated. We just have to wade through more bs to find it.

Something to think about, a larger bore, lower compression height, and wider bowl will all aid in unshrouding the valve.

I maybe wrong but I'm pretty sure Scheid has all the billet LSM blocks. Meaning you would have to go through them to get one. So why not use one that's already being built and just have the holes for the cover drilled different?

Maybe schied is exclusive to lsm Blocks. But not cummins aluminum blocks in general. Lsm is a horrible company to work with. There maching was way off or not done at all on most blocks we had made and they Crack. ...We have all ours made else where.

By the way....deck plate may be cheaper....but your still stuck with a weak factory block.

I spoke to Keating a couple weeks ago. He may be making some billet blocks soon. I like his stuff.

It maybe cheaper and less of a headache to go buy a new mx bike and go back to my roots!! It seams every option i way out has a downside except taking a step back!!
I also heard Wagler had some really cool stuff in the works. But still maybe a year away. Being impatient has cost me in the past and really trying to make the right decision on this one.

Smokem knows his stuff, it would be worth the money to pay him for some injectors and combustion chamber design .

I would think for drag racing big bore short stroke would be a better answer.

I agree. Use a short stroke engine to lean on it harder at RPM. I also have to agree with Smokem. Why stroke a big check to go down the same trail as others already have? Big money should get big results in my opinion. Although this isn't always the case, especially in diesel racing.

I can see being hesitant to try something "out of the box" when you can use components that have worked in the past, but from what I see this is part of the problem as to why innovation in the diesel market seems to lag behind other motorsports.

I didn't talk to them. Do you know whether or not they would be interested???

I have no idea. I've been to his shop to pick up a block for a pro mod. I don't know if he does anything other than chrysler (hemi) stuff. In the pro mod and fuel world, his stuff is top shelf.

None of this is out of the box. I have been building diesels like this for years.....and set records and win championships! There Certainly is a learning curve and a right and wrong way to build them.

None of this is out of the box. I have been building diesels like this for years.....and set records and win championships! There Certainly is a learning curve and a right and wrong way to build them.

Do you ever just want to walk up to somebody and...
BiBGtQDIAAAJcWm.png

Back