Billet CR block coming soon.. final thoughts/opinions

Did they say why? I get the feeling like they're almost limited by their CAD after they CMM a block in.

Yeah that was my impression. Now this was just before they started with Scheid so it could be different now but at least back then they didn't want to mess with the file. It was really a deal breaker for me at that point and shelved the thing.
My initial conversation with Steve Jr I had expressed that I wanted a taller deck and he must have took it as I wanted to plate it.

I talked to them last year and they only wanted 3 people to start and then they would do one at a time. Surprised no one has jumped on them.

Wade....you have a way of destroying good threads. It is what it is.
I'm not asking you, I'm TELLING you to not post in this thread again. Not even a hello. If you do You're outta here until I feel like letting you back in.
Go thump your chest in you vendor forum...oh wait...
On second thought...just STFU and get out of this thread.

I talked to them last year and they only wanted 3 people to start and then they would do one at a time. Surprised no one has jumped on them.

We tried with 5 blocks made deposits and they dropped the ball for over a year. there just not really interested, because there tied up making gasser blocks, there set up for that, and it is what there likely going to stay with.

No doubt they make nice gasser blocks though. But there not the only game in town.

I'm not a sponsor, BTW dont need to be to build the fastest diesel truck in the world and have customers who top out the dyno competitions, and sled pulls......Yep im proud of that and every other engine we build, what have you built lately???...

Oh and LOL to greggy poo, Greg couldn't TQ my head studs...let alone a decent diesel engine... oh the Moron text wasn't geared towards everyone, they know who they are.

Curious to hear of said customers topping out in the pulling world...not brush pulls.

Wow.. Been a busy day for me and i guess alot of u guys too!! Missed a hole drama session mixed in with some usefull info!!

So, it sounds like there is a couple guys that have been trying to deal with lsm on some possible better options. Wade and another guy told me awhile ago to stay away from LSM, just trying to take it all in and process everything. Ive also had several guys pm trying to talk me into a filled deck plate setup. But after seeing several filled motors pop this year and even Dan Scheid himself saying they broke 5 or more this year. Really is making me shy away from that setup. The guys at fleece want to build me a sleeved 6.7 block like they have in Ben Shaddays truck and Ryan M truck. There process seams to be the simplest, maybe simple is good? Dan Scheid was telling me Micah Sullivans drag CR motor was around 1800hp on there engine dyno, but would not let out any details.

Im always nervous for asking for advice or anything on here, seams its easy to get belittled if your not on the same tech scale as another guy. Im a pretty smart guy but dont claim to build 1300+ hp motors that last. I feel i can get my air and fuel setup to be 1500 on fuel for next year which is my goal. With that i hope to take over Bens SS 9.50 record.

I just got off the phone with them and they were very interested to get some going.

Hey Taylor, see if you can get some pricing off of them. I would only be interested in a water block Oh yea, let 'em know they need to check their e-mail, I sent them one on Oct 15th with no response to date.

Wade....you have a way of destroying good threads. It is what it is.
I'm not asking you, I'm TELLING you to not post in this thread again. Not even a hello. If you do You're outta here until I feel like letting you back in.
Go thump your chest in you vendor forum...oh wait...
On second thought...just STFU and get out of this thread.

Wade has more of a right to be in this thread than you.

Wow. LOL
So many possible directions this thread can go. It's a shame really. I think custom blocks are interesting. Would'nt it be great to see a discussion/debate on that subject alone?

I would like to see more discussion on bore size. I mean, if your going to put 15-20 grand into a shredding machine, why not?

Run as big as bore possible without hurting reliability and run high rpm. Dont mess with longer stroke not really anything to gain by increasing it.

I just don't understand all the back & forth debating & reinventing the wheel when there are combonations available with off the shelf parts that can make well north of 2500 hp & live ?that's more Hp & torque than anybody has yet to harness to full potential on the track , including Dan ... if you plunk the numbers in the ole comp d hp calculator that's enough to get a diesel into the 5's someday . What more are you looking for ? the innovation now days is in the transmission , clutch & hp control . If you will buy parts from scheid they will certainly help you & share their hard earned knowledge . if not you are going to have to learn things the hard expensive way ... just like they already did & frankly if you are trying to go sneek around vendors to save a few thousand bucks , I assure you , you will spend much more in the learning curve .

ITAMCO in Plymouth, Indiana builds quite a few parts for bigger cummins engines (rods, pistons, etc..). They build transfer case gears and such for our concrete trucks. Very easy to work with and they will build 1 or 1 million of whatever you want. Pricing obviously changes based on quantity. I doubt a wet block would be feasible but if you get curious or run out of options they are worth a call.

http://www.itamco.com/services.html

I don't think so, asshole. Every thread Wade posts in turns to sh!t...I'm just trying to save it. You can STFU too and keep the thread on track.

It only turns to **** because you and others start post bs in every thread wade posts in and that takes it off track. Wade gave a good advice about dealing with lsm and their block track record isnt real impressive. If the op really wanted to write a check to some big overpriced diesel shop he wouldn't be on here asking questions and opinions. You can get the same exact parts that these big shops use without a price hike buy getting them direct. Just spend alittle on dyno time to tune it in before you hit the track.

It only turns to **** because you and others start post bs in every thread wade posts in and that takes it off track. Wade gave a good advice about dealing with lsm and their block track record isnt real impressive. If the op really wanted to write a check to some big overpriced diesel shop he wouldn't be on here asking questions and opinions. You can get the same exact parts that these big shops use without a price hike buy getting them direct. Just spend alittle on dyno time to tune it in before you hit the track.

INCORRECT!

If Wade wanted to become a paying sponsor on this forum, thats a different story, but the ones that DO pay get their feelings hurt, and I don't blame them. You don't know the full story; Wade sucks at life and that's all there is to say about that. Like I said before, his post strangely sounds a lot like another jackleg Greg Hogue, being all high and mighty and chit, and claiming to have done it all before. I'm just trying to keep it real, and not let some poor fella get suckered by a 'Christian.'

He doesnt go down that avenue with his posts until people start posting pointless stuff about him that has nothing to do with the thread. Maybe he wouldn't make some of the statements he does if other people wouldn't make the comments they do. Did you guys ever think of that. He never once tried to sell parts in this thread so him not being a sponsor shouldn't even be of concern. He had a quick and consistent drag truck so he has more experience on some of these performance subjects than many that post. Heck there are people on here that think i should be a sponsor which i still cant figure out.

Back