Billet CR block coming soon.. final thoughts/opinions

Like I said before, his post strangely sounds a lot like another jackleg Greg Hogue, being all high and mighty and chit, and claiming to have done it all before. I'm just trying to keep it real, and not let some poor fella get suckered by a 'Christian.'
He doesnt go down that avenue with his posts until people start posting pointless stuff about him that has nothing to do with the thread.
None of this is out of the box. I have been building diesels like this for years.....and set records and win championships! There Certainly is a learning curve and a right and wrong way to build them.
Before anyone even said anything to him... in all seriousness I just wanted to be part of the special ratarded crew that completely chits on what could've been a good thread. Wades first post was fine and good advice from HIS experience. From there on it went to chit with ppl bashing him and you bashing them. You do realize you're fukkin up the thread as much as any. Carry on with this worthless chit. I'm gonna go kick rocks.

Last edited:
Maybe schied is exclusive to lsm Blocks. But not cummins aluminum blocks in general. Lsm is a horrible company to work with. There maching was way off or not done at all on most blocks we had made and they Crack. ...We have all ours made else where.

By the way....deck plate may be cheaper....but your still stuck with a weak factory block.

This was some pretty decent advice that I sure would have like seen expanded on. Pretty vague.

None of this is out of the box. I have been building diesels like this for years.....and set records and win championships! There Certainly is a learning curve and a right and wrong way to build them.

This is where it fall's off the rails and rubs everybody wrong. Let the results speak for themselves. As soon as you proclaim you know it all and have done it all you loose all credibility.

I just don't understand all the back & forth debating & reinventing the wheel when there are combonations available with off the shelf parts that can make well north of 2500 hp & live ?that's more Hp & torque than anybody has yet to harness to full potential on the track , including Dan ... if you plunk the numbers in the ole comp d hp calculator that's enough to get a diesel into the 5's someday . What more are you looking for ? the innovation now days is in the transmission , clutch & hp control . If you will buy parts from scheid they will certainly help you & share their hard earned knowledge . if not you are going to have to learn things the hard expensive way ... just like they already did & frankly if you are trying to go sneek around vendors to save a few thousand bucks , I assure you , you will spend much more in the learning curve .

Call Scheid or Haisley bend over with credit card in hand end thread? LOL

Before anyone even said anything to him... in all seriousness I just wanted to be part of the special ratarded crew that completely chits on what could've been a good thread. Wades first post was fine and good advice from HIS experience. From there on it went to chit with ppl bashing him and you bashing them. You do realize you're fukkin up the thread as much as any. Carry on with this worthless chit. I'm gonna go kick rocks.

hey, if you want to take engine building advice from a guy that doesn't even know how to set up his own ring and pinion, please be my guest.

This thread was over way before i ever posted. If you want to start a new thread go ahead but it will end the exact same way. Funny how moderators say they look out for their paying site sponsors yet on a regular basis recommend shops that are not site sponsors.

And another thread that started off with good info and data went down the drain. Not pointing fingers at anyone but CompD use to be the place to go for in depth diesel info on competition builds, lately it's a bunch of chest thumpers.

I've been on here more lately because I hated all the high school drama on cumminsforum............but apparently it's over here now

I just don't understand all the back & forth debating & reinventing the wheel when there are combonations available with off the shelf parts that can make well north of 2500 hp & live ?that's more Hp & torque than anybody has yet to harness to full potential on the track , including Dan ... if you plunk the numbers in the ole comp d hp calculator that's enough to get a diesel into the 5's someday . What more are you looking for ? the innovation now days is in the transmission , clutch & hp control . If you will buy parts from scheid they will certainly help you & share their hard earned knowledge . if not you are going to have to learn things the hard expensive way ... just like they already did & frankly if you are trying to go sneek around vendors to save a few thousand bucks , I assure you , you will spend much more in the learning curve .

The hp control on these high end rigs is getting pretty cool. I watched Dan going over his logs and making small electronic changes on a 12v tune. That's an awesome step forward.

How about lets stay on topic and see if some good info can come from this thread.
I'll delete everything that's off topic from this point forward.

Thanks

I just don't understand all the back & forth debating & reinventing the wheel when there are combonations available with off the shelf parts that can make well north of 2500 hp & live ?

So in every motorsport once something is achieved one way, that means everyone should just stop trying to do anything different? I question whether or not a billet block should be considered an "off the shelf part".

I'm not discounting anything that has been done in the past, but I feel when you stop trying to do something better, you have lost interest in what you set out to do in the first place.

That's fair enough smokem & I get that ...Im just saying theres a ton of knowledge to still be learned with the current technology that is proven and working. It just needs more racers out there racing & learning.

My problem is there's only one life to live. This thread gives me a hankering to give these guys my credit card. Not like I don't already have enough to do....:nail:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mt2Hgk-hbM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mt2Hgk-hbM[/ame]

Those centroid machines arent to bad on price not that i can afford one. Last i heard around $300k. Someone could call them a see if they will give some names on who in the diesel world has bought their 5 axis. Might give some people a decent direction if they really wanted a billet block or heads.

As far as billet blocks you have to have one that will handle the weight of a solid piece of metal for diesel blocks if using steel which many 5 axis machines are borderline or cant handle the weight.

Does Keating do any parts like these? if I'm not mistaken he has a 5 axis?

I believe he does. He just finished a front cover and housing for me.

He said he was going to start making 2.6 and 3.0 chargers too.

He told me he mapped most of a CR block. Said was very interested in starting to build billet blocks but like anyone else he needs a certain number of people interested in building them to get going.

He also said aluminum billet blocks would be cheaper. Because he buys so much aluminum it not as expensive for him. Then there's also machining steel can be a beoch $$$.

Last edited:
Folks seem to say go try another route with another shop. So a shop has some particular ideas, and after you give them $10K they hand you something they think will work, and if it doesn't do they give you the $10K back? Then you may be forking over the original amount and just used the $10K for the shop to learn something on your dime?

The hp control on these high end rigs is getting pretty cool. I watched Dan going over his logs and making small electronic changes on a 12v tune. That's an awesome step forward.

It is pretty cool ... if you will notice , 2 years ago Dans dragster was shaking tires & going sideways every other pass it seemed like . This year I can't recall that car not making a solid pass . they are really getting a good handle on it & we are where he was 2 years ago . I think we should have our ducks in a row next year .

Well, seams this thread got a lil off topic.
I will gather some more info and possible options, and after i meet with LSM and talk to a few more guys maybe we can start a fresh thread. It seams i have several guys trying to talk me into staying with a traditional block, if im spending over 10k on anything new it will most likely be alum.

Back