billet input shaft test.

As far as who built the tranny it was in, I am not gonna include that shops name in this thread. if you use the search button, you can find that out yourself. Like i said, I will not participate in another tranny pissing match and this is not what this thread is about. This thread is about finding out why these opie shafts twist so easily. Maybe it was just a bad batch.

btw, I'm not worried about who built the tranny, **** happens. But the part you're *****ing about, more then likely, isn't the problem.

btw, I'm not worried about who built the tranny, **** happens. But the part you're *****ing about, more then likely, isn't the problem.

You could be right, who knows. Im not all that concerned as to why it happened as I dont use these shafts anyway. But I would still like to know how they twisted so easily as Im sure all they people out there that are using them would like to know also. But Im sure that will never happen on here.

You could be right, who knows. Im not all that concerned as to why it happened as I dont use these shafts anyway. But I would still like to know how they twisted so easily as Im sure all they people out there that are using them would like to know also. But Im sure that will never happen on here.

on here? It's simple facts.. it was a 2wd boosted launch (or an attempt).. Are you hoping to find out every truck that runs shafts from the same batch to see if they handle just as much, if not more then the same abuse as BigDodge's truck with a bad tranny?

on here? It's simple facts.. it was a 2wd boosted launch (or an attempt).. Are you hoping to find out every truck that runs shafts from the same batch to see if they handle just as much, if not more then the same abuse as BigDodge's truck with a bad tranny?

I think there are more of them that have broken than you know of. Just because you don't read about it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Different trans builder, got same results.

Exactly. If you guys knew who built both trannies, Im sure you'd change your opinion of that being the problem. And no, they werent Goerend trannies.

I've got over 1900 (~1953 after last weekend), 1/4 mile passes on my 02. Everyone of them with Opie's shafts, and I have never twisted one of them. Granted I only tune the 02 to run 12.40's (here's a link to last weekends results http://championraceway.com/2010/Results/5-23.htm. I'm F606 in the pro class.), but that is with a truck that weighs 7250lbs with me in it. My 05 also has Opies shafts in it, and I have never had a problem with the shafts in it. It runs 11.08, and weighs 7150 with me in it.

I agree with Jeff that the transmission build does have a lot to do with it. I saw a guy once that had a converter lock (at least partially) while he was on the converter building boost. Lots of carnage. It was actually caused by a faulty converter.

Paul

Just a thought, but couldn't the cost of the regular shaft be credited towards the purchase of a FAT SHAFT? If it breaks, tell him to fly a kite. Without sitting in the truck next to Rich and seeing what he did to alledgedly break this shaft, it's kind of hard to point fingers. I wasn't there, but if I don't keep customers happy(whether I like them or agree with them), I would be out of buisiness.

i also had a Opie 2 piece input shaft, after i heard of some of them breaking i pm'd him and he told me for around $300 he would send me a stronger shaft.......i went with a Sonnax

IMO, it's not a good business plan to charge someone twice when they though they bought a good piece to start with.....but that's just my $0.02

I think there are more of them that have broken than you know of. Just because you don't read about it doesn't mean it didn't happen. Different trans builder, got same results.

I've seen plenty of them, all makes. And I've seen tranny's fail at far less power then another, built by the same company. Like I said, **** happens.

Rick you getting a warrantee is a dead issue. The twist in the shaft you have would not prevent 3rd gear from working. 2 wheel drives are exceptionally easy on inputs compared to a 4 wheel drives. The input shaft is designed to twist where it did when exceeded. The launch is the easiest part of the race on an input shaft. That is with the exception of an incredible Rick Buckley spool up.
I try to stand behind all my products but to put it nicely, I just don’t believe you.

again opie can not read. the not shifting problem was in the gov.
so again i take it that your shafts cant hold up to much of anything then. ask jeff garmon if my vb will let it lock before 2nd gear.
as for standing behind your products thats a joke. you just want to tell poeple to send you $250 more to get a better shaft.

opie shafts are a joke. want a good shaft buy TCS or sonnax.
thats what i have learn today.
If i twisted a TCS after the first weekend they would replace to find out what happen. they would they to fix the problem. not the opie way.(you make to much power, sorry, go screw your shelf.)

as you can see from how opie has been this whole time. sounds like he knows the is a problem but does not want to come out and say there is one.

I was going to buy his shafts but I spoke to A VERY well known builder and they didnt have nice things to say.After reading this post and others before I bought, I decided to go with TCS. I dont know if it will be a good experience but word of mouth is a big factor...

Wow. Interesting reading. And for all these years i thought Opie was the shizzle!!LOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL

Rich, do you really think anyone that really knows you believes your lies and bullsh!t???

I think you loaded the truck too hard and twisted the shaft, simple as that..... and you can't just say that and move on.......

Nobody even read paulb's post..
..opies shafts work, nearly. 2000 passes on a shaft and all you can see is a twisted shaft fromfrom one of the quickest 2wd? Also those who have exceeded the strength of a billet input have usually seen copies shaft twist where others have shattered. ...which costs a lot more then simple swapping shafts

Rich has broken everything in a tranny but the damn pan this year..... Bellhousing, 450 different converters, welded all sorts of $hit together, and now wants a warranty on a part in a race tranny that grenades every time out? LOL

Rich, you know as well as I do, that you are either making more power, or delivering enough power to the trans to cause numerous different failures. I f the failures were isolated to a single part every time, it would be one thing, but they are not. you are making more power than your old setup, and I seriously doubt there is a dodge tranny builder on the planet that can build a unit to hold up to what you are throwing at it, and have it last any amount of time.

Buy a Lenco, or pull power out and go bracket race if you insist on having a 47re.

I was at the obx race last weekend and saw a opie shaft lay down a 6.06 in the 1/8 in a 4/4, several more more passes close to that number. I also saw mechams lenco break at the line! maybe all lenco's are bad! This is racing and **** happens. I still believe opie shafts are the best product you can buy!
$.02

I was at the obx race last weekend and saw a opie shaft lay down a 6.06 in the 1/8 in a 4/4, several more more passes close to that number. I also saw mechams lenco break at the line! maybe all lenco's are bad! This is racing and **** happens. I still believe opie shafts are the best product you can buy!
$.02

Hmm....this would mean a LOT to me if I were thinking about who's shafts to buy. Jeff builds a lot of tranny's....I'm sure most of them see some abuse too...

JMHO....but I run Opie's parts too...
Chris

$.02

Wow, let's see who's opinion am I going to listen to about a Tranny????:Cheer:

............Sure got quiet all of a sudden........

*crickets*

Back