Brand New Super B Special FAILURE

Status
Not open for further replies.
failure

Unfortunately we can not warranty every failure, attached is the basis of our findings with photos of the inspection. Vic in our claims department has informed me that he sent the turbo back to you to have your brother take it to a Turbo shop for a second opinion. I also understand that Vic has given you a really good deal on the cost of a replacement turbo for your truck.

please review the attached charts and understand we are following industry guide line in our inspection analysis.

RMA25118-01.jpg

RMA25118-02.jpg

RMA25118-03.jpg

RMA25118-04.jpg

View attachment factsheet_4_oilStarvation.pdf

I love to hear both sides of the story. He may or may not be in the wrong, but when you are a company, you have to investigate. It looks like they did do a complete tear down and analysis, and have to go by protocol. He's been offered a discount, and to get a 2nd opinion. Bad deal, but I can't that this will prevent me from EVER buying a BD product. They don't have the best customer service, but that's what happens to 90% of the companies that grow like BD has.

I understood you're inspection analysis. My question to you is, how is it that I've run 4 different chargers on my truck and never had an issue. Including the turbo installed after the failure of this one.

You guys are getting no more of my money. Why would I want to purchase a replacement after the trouble I had not only with the turbo, but every swinging d!ck at BD?

So as far as I'm concerned this thread can sit here and simmer in your vendor section till the end of time. Good day to you sir.

Hector-BD the OP's first post indicates he has more than enough knowledge, training, and experience to properly install a turbo, and that the proper procedure was followed. Now another turbo is running fine on that same engine. Are you sure you have considered the process of elimination as opposed to looking for an excuse?

1st off, I do not do the inspections or analysis of the failures, I'm not here to start pissing matches or fight over this. When we have a failure and it is our issue we cover it.

This turbo Come directly from Borg Warner assembled and ready to go. How many turbos does Borg Warner make in a day, why does every Turbo manufacture have the same style charts showing what to look for? All I am saying is do as Vic has suggested and send it to another turbo re builder for a second opinion. If you get a different please contact Vic back to discuss the findings.

Hector

A second opinion doesnt matter Hector. It was obviously an oiling issue. The question is, why was it an oiling issue and why was this the only turbo to have said oiling issue? It would be different if I had no clue what I was doing, but thats not the case. I'm not one to start pissing matches either. I usually keep a level head and remain calm. But daddy didnt raise a fool and I'm not going to get phucked just because you're big bad BD Diesel. Had this been a failure resulting in something I did wrong, this thread wouldn't exist. I don't have a problem admitting if I did something wrong, but thats not the case. Thus, the reason I'm on this rant.

1st off, I do not do the inspections or analysis of the failures, I'm not here to start pissing matches or fight over this. When we have a failure and it is our issue we cover it.

This turbo Come directly from Borg Warner assembled and ready to go. How many turbos does Borg Warner make in a day, why does every Turbo manufacture have the same style charts showing what to look for? All I am saying is do as Vic has suggested and send it to another turbo re builder for a second opinion. If you get a different please contact Vic back to discuss the findings.

Hector

Hector Does Borg Warner and BD turbos have a zero failure rate? Can their never be a tolerance flaw or human error involved in the construction of a new turbo? If the tolerances were off in the bushing/bearings etc, from the factory, would the pictures you have shown look any different?

Hector

Also, the part about you guys receiving the turbos from borg warner "ready to go" is false. I was told by Vic that you guys install a wastegate then put them up for sale. Can I please get someone from BD who knows what the phuck is going on?

So hector you are saying its not bd problem because the turbo came directly to bd from Borg ready to go. Well then I would say its your problem to take the warranty issue up with Borg, not the end user. Since you modify these box stock chargers then it makes it your turbo. Borg warranty stops at that moment. This is your issue. If it was the OP's he would have about 4 chargers laying around with the same signs of said oiling issue. Just because this thread I will never own a bd turbo. you big shops make excuses and dont stand behind your junk. This is why I use small shops or are my own chit.

2003 Dodge Puller
EFILive Conversion by Me

So hector you are saying its not bd problem because the turbo came directly to bd from Borg ready to go. Well then I would say its your problem to take the warranty issue up with Borg, not the end user. Since you modify these box stock chargers then it makes it your turbo. Borg warranty stops at that moment. This is your issue. If it was the OP's he would have about 4 chargers laying around with the same signs of said oiling issue. Just because this thread I will never own a bd turbo. you big shops make excuses and dont stand behind your junk. This is why I use small shops or are my own chit.

2003 Dodge Puller
EFILive Conversion by Me

Thanks for backing me on this guys. Glad I'm not the only one who thinks this is a bunch of chit.

Not that I'm doubting you, but this is the Internet. If you did intact follow the instructions to a 'T' and all your other turbos have worked and are still working just fine this is indeed bullchit. Where would the oiling issue be? Could it not have been in the turbo?

Well whatever sounds like it doesn't matter now everyone has said their piece.

I have a special myself and never had problem one with it. Just luck of the draw I guess.

Just curious if other vendors would have handled this any differently.

Sorry for your luck man.

Not that I'm doubting you, but this is the Internet. If you did intact follow the instructions to a 'T' and all your other turbos have worked and are still working just fine this is indeed bullchit. Where would the oiling issue be? Could it not have been in the turbo?

Well whatever sounds like it doesn't matter now everyone has said their piece.

I have a special myself and never had problem one with it. Just luck of the draw I guess.

Just curious if other vendors would have handled this any differently.

Sorry for your luck man.

I'm not one to beat around the bush. Had I made a mistake I would have never even started this thread. It sucks when you cant trust a mans word anymore and this is in fact the interwebs, so I dont blame anyone who has a doubt. I mean all you have to go off of is what I typed so your skepticism is understandable.

I had a new turbo fail within 90 miles once. The warranty pic of the shaft looked exactly like yours and they claimed oiling issue too.

They rebuilt with a new turbine shaft and bearings for $3xx. 15k miles later that same turbo is still good. I changed NOTHING with the oiling side of it. ???

I still don't know what to think...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Sorry to hear of your troubles OP. Sucks that this happened. But hope your next purchase is smoother running.

This is the crap that scares me. Thats why I stick with Tmoney. And because he knows that I know where he lives. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back