Brand New Super B Special FAILURE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hopefully this will be the last update I have to post.

Was told that the turbo would be looked at today, and yet again, it was not. I spoke with Vick a few minutes ago and was told that if the turbo was not looked at tomorrow that he would be shipping me a brand new turbo.

I really appreciate the gesture. Thanks to Hector and Vick for getting things straightened out. As I'm sure you could tell I have been quite frustrated for the last couple weeks.

Thanks again

I should also mention that a downpipe was also shipped with the turbo. The turbo was in its own box in the bottom of the long box that the downpipe was in.

I bought a killer b and it was shipped the same way. If it were me shipping something like that it would be in two
Boxes. Shipping companies don't care, they throw almost everything. The box is big awkward and one side is heavy due to the turbo. My box was damaged but when I inspected everything all was ok. BD really needs to ship the turbo and Down pipe separately. I didn't call BD when I got mine and now I really regret it because of this. Sorry chit went bad man.

I bought a killer b and it was shipped the same way. If it were me shipping something like that it would be in two
Boxes. Shipping companies don't care, they throw almost everything. The box is big awkward and one side is heavy due to the turbo. My box was damaged but when I inspected everything all was ok. BD really needs to ship the turbo and Down pipe separately. I didn't call BD when I got mine and now I really regret it because of this. Sorry chit went bad man.

Thanks man. Hopefully all gets taken care of.

On another note. I put my back up charger on tonight and didn't have a single issue with it. This will mark the 3rd charger that has worked flawlessly on my truck. Took it on a good 40 min drive and it is perfect. I think that pretty much leaves no doubt that the super b special just wasn't right...

ooohhhhhh..you read that one too huh..man that sucked. i felt bad too but wtf..

anyways nah man idk nothing about what u got going on cept it was new...ran 15 mins..blew up..siezed the shaft broke the hsg...oh chit never mind that was my thread...
what happened again??

jus kidding man..hope it works out for ya. nothing good about it even if they send ya a new one...just big pita

I reckon I'll give this one last update. Long story short, I had to eat that money. Was claimed non warrantable because of an oiling issue. I argued this till I turned blue, but to no avail. I'm just going to take my losses and move on.

On a lighter note, I'm thinking about turning it into a lamp. LOL

So, can you give one last update...again? I feel like that needs to be in this thread, since there are 5 pages of crap about BD. Sounds like they got it resolved after a little bit of fight. They probably have lots of newbs that f&%k up turbos, so to get one warrantied, even when you know what you're doing, takes a good bit of effort. I'm glad it went your way though!

So, can you give one last update...again? I feel like that needs to be in this thread, since there are 5 pages of crap about BD. Sounds like they got it resolved after a little bit of fight. They probably have lots of newbs that f&%k up turbos, so to get one warrantied, even when you know what you're doing, takes a good bit of effort. I'm glad it went your way though!

No man it didnt get resolved. They deemed it an oiling failure and did not warranty it. I argued it till I got sick of the b.s. Funny thing is I put my back up charger on a week after this one failed and it has ran perfect since then.

dam, I may have to get glasses. That freakin sucks. I hate that it wasn't resolved.

You an me both. Water under the bridge now. Just gotta take my losses and learn from it. I can guarantee I'll never buy from BD again though. Not only because it wasn't resolved but simply put, their customer service is pathetic.

That totally sucks . . . I had a similar issue when u was building my Dakota. I literially knew nothing about Diesels or turbos and bought a "Good running" used turbo that he said only had about 4000 miles on it from someone. He totally took advantage of me because he knew I didnt know what I was looking at. The entire center section was bad, it had bad bearings and the shaft was worn and the center cetion had to be replaced. I know I was stupid but he saw me coming. About a year after I went thru all of this i saw him at a local pull with his brand new rebuilt truck including a new engine. He made it to the 100 foot mark and 3 of the 6 rods came thru the oil pan . . . . I alonw with all of my friends literially laughed out loud . . . . Carma got him . . . .

You an me both. Water under the bridge now. Just gotta take my losses and learn from it. I can guarantee I'll never buy from BD again though. Not only because it wasn't resolved but simply put, their customer service is pathetic.

Thanks for update. I won't ever be buying from BD, after seeing how they don't support their customers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back