broken billet input- troubleshoot

90dodge

Always Broke
I'm almost positive I broke my billet input tonight. :doh: I would like to make absoluetly sure before I tear back into it though. What all can I check to make sure its narrowed down? Already tried the park test, and the parking rod seems to be staying engaged.

Pretty crappy carnage for the first day I really get to drive the truck after the rebuild. :bs:

I assume it won't pull itself? Just free rev RPMs?

If it's holding in Park, it's time to pull the Tranny......BTW the same thing happened to me a few months ago, I didn't want to pull the trans either.

Free revs in every gear. Shows line pressure at the accumulator in drive.

Looks like ill be going back to the stock input for awhile. Dang.

2wd?

I think my time was ~30mins to drop the trans in mine last time... get it bo'

I KNEW I should have been supervising more strictly. :bang

Maybe if I had a freakin' clue about autos I could have been more helpful. :D

I KNEW I should have been supervising more strictly. :bang

Maybe if I had a freakin' clue about autos I could have been more helpful. :D

Auto is short for Automatic transmission. Your current dually has an automatic in it.
It uses clutches, a torque convertor with a lock up clutch.

:)

Auto is short for Automatic transmission. Your current dually has an automatic in it.
It uses clutches, a torque convertor with a lock up clutch.

:)

LOL. I was standing there watching....never felt more worthless. I had no idea what all those thing-a-majiggys did.

Normally I just dig in and help whom ever do what ever and junk. This time I just looked at him and said..."I have no clue." LOL Teats on a bore I tell ya. LOL

Im not denying any of it. LOL

Least i know the limits of a tcs shaft now!

So you're implying the shaft couldn't handle the power? The truck in your sig with a stock turbo? I think you may have other issues, because that's far from the hardest hit those shafts will take.

Ive done 35psi launches on an old ATS billet input shaft that was slightly twisted. It lasted for a year and then I turned it into a banana peel one day. That was fun....lol

Back