broken billet input- troubleshoot

So you're implying the shaft couldn't handle the power? The truck in your sig with a stock turbo? I think you may have other issues, because that's far from the hardest hit those shafts will take.

Buddy's truck (SO VP with intake, exhaust, lift pump, Edge, and TransGo; pretty damn stock) broke a stock input, so he tossed an ATS billet, and broke that shifting into OD.

Just saying it is possible.

Yeah, buy ats is a far cry from tcs..
Though, he did not say if he broke the cheap tcs, the 300m shaft, or the aermet

If you are lucky, they only look like this.
Others have blown the front pump and stator support apart.

Sorry, but i would rather breakl a stock shaft any day over a billet one,They dont ruin anything else.

IMG_20130824_125321_219_zpsa2718695.jpg

I had a stock shaft that blew into lots and lots of little pieces and went all throughout the transmission.....

Sent from my paperweight

300m. Couldnt afford the aermet.

That is a darn stout shaft. Rated to 2700lbft. I don't know that you could have done that on a launch unless you hit second locked with wheel hop.
Pull it and check planetary.

I sure hope its the planetary. I had planned to put one in it, but couldnt find one in time.

Still iffy though, if converter is engaged in pump it will make pressure..
Get it out already!

I want to say we have a used Aermet at the shop with like 3k street miles on it. It could be the 300m shaft I would have to check...regardless I can try to make you a good price on it to help ya out.

Do you know Mike Hill?

Let me know what you come up with.

Will do. Plan is to pull it tomorrow evening if its not raining. I'll make sure and take some good pictures for the carnage. Might as well get something good out of it. :Cheer:

Wait... Can you spin the shaft right now by hand at all?

Next guess, intermediate...

Did it strip the splines in the rear hub? Rear clutch assmbly?

I didnt get it out until after the shops were closed last night so am taking it apart this afternoon. Will know then.

Intermediate shaft snapped. Jory will put my pictures up soon.

Back