Carbon Fiber Work

This is not true, the 98 and up extended cabs have rear opening doors. On these truck the front doors are different. The 98 and older extended cabs without the rear opening doors do share door design with the regular can doors.

Thanks for the info Rick! That will go in my log book!

Last edited:
I'm excited to see the finished products. Now can you paint CF to make it look OEM or will it have to stay cross hatched with black and whatever color a customer chooses?

I'm excited to see the finished products. Now can you paint CF to make it look OEM or will it have to stay cross hatched with black and whatever color a customer chooses?

You can finish it in any thing...If you are going to paint it, I would recommend using polyurethane to get the best protection from UV rays. UV rays break down the resin, drying out the fibers and weakening the part.

The big opening ones. Like for DVD players.

Side note how about a hood/hood stack combo for a second gen?

how are the 2nd gen body parts coming along?

They are moving along, I have the bumper mold done, going back through it cleaning and trimming it up. On deck are the fenders, I have the prep work about 80% completed. A very slow process to say the least. I'm busting my ass to get these done and still make parts to pay the bills...lol.

The big opening ones. Like for DVD players.

Side note how about a hood/hood stack combo for a second gen?

PM sent on the hood stack.

Understood...no, haven't given it much of a thought really. I have made dash parts before and doing individual pieces that attach like the OE parts is a real pain in the a$$ to pull off. My plan with the gen II dash is too re-do the entire dash and fit it with fasteners to hold it in place but still waiting on the entire dash assy. to magically show up...lol. Ever thought of having it dipp'd in a cf print?

Randy--still have my nearly perfect 96 dash assembly you could use to build the molds. Just have to solve the time and transit issues. Any thoughts?

bob...in Bartow, FL

Randy--still have my nearly perfect 96 dash assembly you could use to build the molds. Just have to solve the time and transit issues. Any thoughts?

bob...in Bartow, FL

Sorry for the delay Bob, I was in Haines City last Monday...just missed this by a couple days. I even seen JP. As of right now I do believe JP is coming up here in March so that looks like the best transit method I can think of. Can you get in touch with him to confirm?

Randy

LOL...well some good news. I do have a semi local friend who is buying a new dash here soon and will be donating his old stuff to the cause so, I glimmer of hope on the horizon!

In for one. Ill gladly be your beta tester for second gen pieces.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

When I say dash I mean the entire dash...lol I'm going to redesign it but still need mounting surfaces to refit the cf dash.

That is completely fine with me. I was going to glass my dash and paint it. But if a cf dash can be had I will gladly wait.

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

im ready for one now. guess ill hold off on a new one till these are ready. pm with a "rough" price on second gen dash

Funny I was just saying the same shat today as my dash was rattling this morning on my way to work. Can't wait to see the finished product and possible purchase in the future.

im ready for one now. guess ill hold off on a new one till these are ready. pm with a "rough" price on second gen dash

Any chances there would be an option for a few gauges where the factory cup holder tray is on the second gen dash???

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

Any chances there would be an option for a few gauges where the factory cup holder tray is on the second gen dash???

Sent from the BooBoo Bus

yes i was thinking the same thing today. would be awesome for 2 2-1/16 gauges maybe three if there is room.

Back