Changed out lly for bbc

Here is the beginning of my new project - Will have 2 x Turbos 2 x superchargers
DSCF0004.jpg
DSCF0001.jpg

If this engine is internally ballanced , why is there a external ballance flywheel on it?

Just askin.

Has an ATI Balancer from SoCal on it. Neutral Balanced . Has to have something for the Serpentine belt to drive off I guess .....

And I forgot - Something to bolt the Supercharger Pulley to

im talking about the rear of the engine.. there's a flexplate on there that's got ballancing holes machined into it...just curious. Maybe it dont matter?

Not sure about that Wade - You would have to ask Guy Tripp

When are you starting on the Supercharged/Turbo engine?

Any plans on application or HP levels?

I thought you had issues with the twin superchargers eating up a bunch of hp? How come you're going back with that setup?

When are you starting on the Supercharged/Turbo engine?

Any plans on application or HP levels?

These pics are the SC/Turbo Engine just waiting for the SC's to arrive.They will be going down under the turbos. May start a new thread on this one. 7.1 200% Over Injectors, 4 Air Pumps in a RC 4x4 - Will be driven on the street (sometimes)

I thought you had issues with the twin superchargers eating up a bunch of hp? How come you're going back with that setup?

Correct - these Superchargers I am using use 10% of the Power the Prochargers use, make no noise and are 90+ % efficient

he ran 2 superchargers and no turbos :D Mick glad to see you back

Thanks Paint - hopefully we will go a few more rounds than last time. At least this time around I have the big block to fall back on :lolly:

Last edited:
These pics are the SC/Turbo Engine just waiting for the SC's to arrive.They will be going down under the turbos. May start a new thread on this one. 7.1 200% Over Injectors, 4 Air Pumps in a RC 4x4 - Will be driven on the street (sometimes)

Correct - these Superchargers I am using use 10% of the Power the Prochargers use, make no noise and are 90+ % efficient

Thanks Paint - hopefully we will go a few more rounds than last time. At least this time around I have the big block to fall back on :lolly:

Sweet!, what engine is the race truck getting?

Sweet!, what engine is the race truck getting?

Will see how this engine goes. I would like to build a full out truck like you in the next year or so. im looking forward to seeing Mikas new one as well.

any info on the tail lights? just wondering why they were flashing in the video

One of the main wires had burnt on one of the exhaust pipes and was shorting out now and then - has been fixed now

Hey Mick , whats with the black boxes under the turbines?

Just a poor mans collector setup. This is just another experimental project (especially on the new Superchargers) so it will probably be chopped up and changed around a few more times yet as usually happens

Will see how this engine goes. I would like to build a full out truck like you in the next year or so. im looking forward to seeing Mikas new one as well.

One of the main wires had burnt on one of the exhaust pipes and was shorting out now and then - has been fixed now

Just a poor mans collector setup. This is just another experimental project (especially on the new Superchargers) so it will probably be chopped up and changed around a few more times yet as usually happens

You may not have to build another one, mine will be for sale next year.

Could be a chance Wade - will it be complete or minus running gear?

Not sure we will be running it next season, with another few hundred HP and a few more rpm's, should be exciting. probably a roller, less engine and trans, but i could be wrong too.

Not much Wade. My Structural Steel Workshop went under about 3 meters of water in the floods here and we lost more than half of all our equipment and the rest is getting repaired or waiting fo rparts to get repaired. We just got power back on yesterday for first time since the flood although we have had a few generators with a skeleton crew. I also picked up a virus from the contaminated water that is like chickenpox and have red lumps from top of head to my toes but its under control. The red gasser is going good and hope to be out track in a couple of weeks with a tune from the engine builder Steve Morris. Has a bit of retard in early part of track looking for some traction. Knocks about 500 hp out in early stage. The Regular Cab has been delayed with the steering conversion also because of floods in their town but hoping to get it there next week and home a few weeks after that so i can put the new dmax in it and get it mobile. In meantime its been a full on job getting the business back up and running. been taxing finanially too as nobody can get flood insurance here and as you might imagine it has sent many businesses to the wall. Otherwise we are still alive and thats a bonus as there have been alot of sad stories, quite a few lost their lives and alot are still missing, no doubt also dead.

Last edited:
Not much Wade. My Structural Steel Workshop went under about 3 meters of water in the floods here and we lost more than half of all our equipment and the rest is getting repaired or waiting fo rparts to get repaired. We just got power back on yesterday for first time since the flood although we have had a few generators with a skeleton crew. I also picked up a virus from the contaminated water that is like chickenpox and have red lumps from top of head to my toes but its under control. The red gasser is going good and hope to be out track in a couple of weeks with a tune from the engine builder Steve Morris. Has a bit of retard in early part of track looking for some traction. Knocks about 500 hp out in early stage. The Regular Cab has been delayed with the steering conversion also because of floods in their town but hoping to get it there next week and home a few weeks after that so i can put the new dmax in it and get it mobile. In meantime its been a full on job getting the business back up and running. been taxing finanially too as nobody can get flood insurance here and as you might imagine it has sent many businesses to the wall. Otherwise we are still alive and thats a bonus as there have been alot of sad stories, quite a few lost their lives and alot are still missing, no doubt also dead.

Wow, sorry bout all that bro, let us know if we can help in any way. keep your chin up!

Back