Cummins EFI Live or other standalones

joefarmer

MR. Supreme Overlord
What things are missing from EFI Live / HP Tuners / BigStuff3 that
you'd like to see in diesel tuning software?

Table Smoothing? Controlling nitrous/water/wastegates/etc?

Just thought of another one. EGT mapping with automagical re-tuning.

For example,..

What things are missing from EFI Live / HP Tuners / BigStuff3 that
you'd like to see in diesel tuning software?

Table Smoothing? Controlling nitrous/water/wastegates/etc?

How about you select NOS as an option and then you have a lower set option to choose from for Timing.?? Of course you will need an override selection for those who just have to blow chit up.

^why would you need an override setting when one could just run the nitrous with standard settings if the "pop-Bang" results are desired?

Mass Air Flow (guessing allready has it), Comp Wheel Speed, Intake temp Pre,Post and between stages...

How about you select NOS as an option and then you have a lower set option to choose from for Timing.?? Of course you will need an override selection for those who just have to blow chit up.

Why not do it like EFI Live and have 5 tunes to switch? Have one be a nitrous tune with less timing if you need it.

Mass Air Flow (guessing allready has it), Comp Wheel Speed, Intake temp Pre,Post and between stages...

Kinda like a full blown data logger, eh?

Just a way to fuel based on spool. Turbo rpm works too. I know I'm way out in left field, but that's where I like to stay =)

Ah, I see. Something like how an AFC housing was supposed to function?

I want a button that just makes it all come out perfect.
Like this? :hehe:
easy%20image.jpg

So is there an efi live out for Cummins yet? Or is this just a wishful thinking thread?

No there is not, I believe Brandon is asking what features people would like to see in tuning software that is not available now...

Am I right?
Chris

So is there an efi live out for Cummins yet? Or is this just a wishful thinking thread?

No there is not, I believe Brandon is asking what features people would like to see in tuning software that is not available now...

Am I right?
Chris

Exactly. Trying to get a good feel with what the manufacturers should implement before the two that are coming out hit the market.

I would have kill for one of those easy buttons when I was learning how to use EFIlive on my duramax. :)

For a standalone there are lots of things that would be nice but to sum it all up I'd just want it able to do everything efilive on the duramax but do it right. Just because you have a program that will do something doesnt mean it does it right as many of us have learned tuning on the dmax. I think with a completely standalone computer it will however be much easier since there are no hidden tables that may affect many different things.

Make sure its compatible with the latest operating systems, getting tired of having to buy old Win Xp computers or dual boot so I can tune with dinosaur stuff. I know EFI will work with the latest windows but most other software and hardware does not.

Or something else that hasn't been tried: set the ecm up so that it can get feedback directly from a dyno like the dynojet power commander piggyback boxes do. So if the ecm can get feedback directly from the dyno then a program can be developed to automatically tune for power. Its pretty wild the stuff the dynojet program can do, even individually mapped cylinders. Its a wide open field for who ever can step up to the plate and bring the diesel world in line with the gasser world.

That's kind of where the a/f ratio comes in. Sure we can look at the tailpipe, but that leaves us with only qualitative not quantitative data.

Keep the feedback coming.... the manufacturers are listening.

Back