Cummins EFI Live or other standalones

Instead of a laptop use an i-pad to tune you truck. Now that would just be downright cool.

Why not do it like EFI Live and have 5 tunes to switch? Have one be a nitrous tune with less timing if you need it.
Gosh - didn't take long for the requests for DSP for Cummins :)

So is there an efi live out for Cummins yet? Or is this just a wishful thinking thread?
We received our prototypes a few weeks ago.

Or something else that hasn't been tried: set the ecm up so that it can get feedback directly from a dyno like the dynojet power commander piggyback boxes do. So if the ecm can get feedback directly from the dyno then a program can be developed to automatically tune for power. Its pretty wild the stuff the dynojet program can do, even individually mapped cylinders. Its a wide open field for who ever can step up to the plate and bring the diesel world in line with the gasser world.

That's kind of where the a/f ratio comes in. Sure we can look at the tailpipe, but that leaves us with only qualitative not quantitative data.

The EFILive Scan Tool is currently able to log information gathered from the dyno and display this along Scan Tool data. It can't/won't "automatically tune for power". This is where the knowledge of a reputable tuner is needed.

Cheers
Cindy

Just a way to fuel based on spool. Turbo rpm works too. I know I'm way out in left field, but that's where I like to stay =)

EFI live can tune a duramax to fuel based on flow across the MAF sensor. Would think you could in a CR also.

Below is a Cummins update that we posted yesterday.

To those of you that have sent me PM's - I can't answer them until we either have our vendor status enabled or I hit 25 posts - I hope to have that resolved at the latest early next week.

Cheers
Cindy

We have successfully implemented re-flashing in to our version 8 development software for the 5.9L. So at this stage all technical challenges have been completed, we have a few things left to tidy up before we would consider releasing this as a beta.

One of these issues is more an issue in the ECM itself. Anyone who has ever used the Tech Authority system to program a 5.9L will know you have to go through a VIN learn after the flash is complete. This is because there is IMHO a bug in the ECM's reflash code handler that dictates you need to do a full reflash of the ECM even though you tell it to only write to a small section. In doing so the ECM clears out some critical memory area that needs to be rewritten before the ECM will come back to life correctly.
It's not a big challenge to handle this properly and we will be testing some processes shortly.

To answer the question on the old (existing) V2's working with Cummins, we are going to allow an upgrade to those V2's that will allow them to work with the 2006+ ECM's (the CAN based ones), this will not be a free upgrade, but it will save you needing to buy a whole new unit. Upgrade pricing has not been set, we will be having discussions with our resellers on what they feel is fair for everyone.

I know everyone wants time frames for a release, I don't want to set any false hopes as we have a pretty busy schedule (including overseas travel) before the year is out and Paul (the main software guy) is recovering from a pretty serious back operation, however we are 100% focused to get 5.9L tuning out as a beta before the year is out.

Cheers
Ross

Below is a Cummins update that we posted yesterday.

To those of you that have sent me PM's - I can't answer them until we either have our vendor status enabled or I hit 25 posts - I hope to have that resolved at the latest early next week.

Cheers
Cindy

We have successfully implemented re-flashing in to our version 8 development software for the 5.9L. So at this stage all technical challenges have been completed, we have a few things left to tidy up before we would consider releasing this as a beta.

One of these issues is more an issue in the ECM itself. Anyone who has ever used the Tech Authority system to program a 5.9L will know you have to go through a VIN learn after the flash is complete. This is because there is IMHO a bug in the ECM's reflash code handler that dictates you need to do a full reflash of the ECM even though you tell it to only write to a small section. In doing so the ECM clears out some critical memory area that needs to be rewritten before the ECM will come back to life correctly.
It's not a big challenge to handle this properly and we will be testing some processes shortly.

To answer the question on the old (existing) V2's working with Cummins, we are going to allow an upgrade to those V2's that will allow them to work with the 2006+ ECM's (the CAN based ones), this will not be a free upgrade, but it will save you needing to buy a whole new unit. Upgrade pricing has not been set, we will be having discussions with our resellers on what they feel is fair for everyone.

I know everyone wants time frames for a release, I don't want to set any false hopes as we have a pretty busy schedule (including overseas travel) before the year is out and Paul (the main software guy) is recovering from a pretty serious back operation, however we are 100% focused to get 5.9L tuning out as a beta before the year is out.

Cheers
Ross

Will this work on all 03 to current year Cummins?

Smoke control is top on my list.
Let a 100 psi map sensor apply the perfect amount of fuel when street driving.
5 levels from ( I think Swole is behind me.... too I'm at the stage tree #25 boost! Level 5 smoke not an issue.
I realize a experienced tuner & dyno will be needed.

Last edited:
Will this work on all 03 to current year Cummins?
Not yet. Our current hardware can only handle CAN communications which limits our development to 06+ at this point.

New hardware is currently in production, so the plan is to go back and add 03-05 5.9L SCI support once we've released CAN support. No time frames for support, but doubt it would be within the next 4-6 months.

Whats the story on the 6.7 programming?
It's coming - it was really a matter of needing to start somewhere and the 5.9L ECM was what we chose.

Once the 5.9L is done and stable, the 6.7L will be next.

We don't have time frames, other than we hope to have 5.9L in Beta before Christmas.

Smoke control is top on my list.
Let a 100 psi map sensor apply the perfect amount of fuel when street driving.
5 levels from ( I think Swole is behind me.... too I'm at the stage tree #25 boost! Level 5 smoke not an issue.
I realize a experienced tuner & dyno will be needed.

When we first released the Duramax software, what was first provided gave tuners the potential to push that engine far beyond what was done previously, it also forced us to revisit the tables and parameters we had in the initial release once tuners really started pushing the HP levels up to unlock even more potential.

We are pretty sure the Cummins will be the same, the first release will allow a new level of tuning never seen before, but you can be sure it won't take long before we have to revisit what is there to unlock some more RPM, fuel etc on the big horsepower motors. This will be dictated by the tuners out there using the software, not us.

Cheers
Cindy

Im happy to hear this so im subscribing and waiting just stinks my truck is a 03. Would love to try this on my puller.

Back