Custom 2Gen Crew Cab! How to do it?

Vaughn...
The truck Astross has shown is EEP Co-Owner Loretta Mitchell's old ride which started as a Quad Cab Short Bed and was sent to Bayer for the conversion.......Andy

I have read from somewhere it start it's life as long bed standard cab.(maybe its not correct)

It belong to TDG member radndymar., before ist was owned by EEP

I know its not a 2nd gen but it is pretty cool, I took these pics of a local truck. word on the street is he is a pastor and machinist by trade and did this in his garage. If I can ever corner him I would like to find out more. Reason for the stretch is for a large family so I've heard...

100_2700.jpg

100_2701.jpg

100_2702.jpg

With Sterling grill and dually long bed it will be super :bow:

There is/was one floating around Corpus Christi, blue 3rd gen... frame is already stretched, but, the cab wasnt done, though it was already cut up, with plywood for a rear wall..... I got out in Oct... so... I wonder what it looks like now...

Chase

Thanks guys to open this thread again.

This topic will be open from my side again ,becasue I need family transport (now I haev 3 girls :rockwoot:) and the regular quad cab is too small.

My idea was to buy Ford Excursion and swap 12V Cummins in, but the total cost will be too much and I do not want to sell my '98 12 Ram, because I have invest too much money there.

Also the '98 role have changed from race toy to family truck, for racing will be Hotrod truck:kick:

Thanks to our local rules I can not extend the stock ram lenght, due this reason I have only one option the extended space for cab must take from bed.

My idea will be:

1. replce long bed with short bed, missing cap (16 inch) between quad cab and shot bed will be filled with extended cab (2 door truck , 94-97) cab rear part

This way the wheelbase and suspension remains stock.
2. or second option : fit the same extended cab rear part to quad cab and cut 16 inch from front part of my long bed

I also made next so-called photoshop with my MS-Paint (5 minutes LOL)

attachment.php

Any advice will be welcome

Attachments

• pikkputka.JPG
    pikkputka.JPG
    81.4 KB · Views: 0
Better photoshop from side (thaks to Scott 'School Bus' who post his truck original picture to short bed conversion thread :kick:)

Quad cab+ extended cab rear part + long bed with cut front part

attachment.php

Attachments

• longmega2.bmp
    729.1 KB · Views: 0
I guess y'all hadn't seen this one then...

megamega2.jpg

megamega1.jpg

megamega3.jpg

megamega.jpg

Sorry so sidetrack, but this thing looks super goofy in person. IT was for sale at the 2008 moab jeep safari. Cant remember how much, but i stopped and took a few pictures. Definatley an unmistakable truck

AsTroSS What are those wheels on your truck first of all?

I wouldn't cut a long box personally. I would buy a short box and cut off the back 4" of the frame. My crew cab was a cut down long box and I never understood why someone would waste their time doing that? If you go through this much work for the conversion make the frame fit parts that are factory replacements.
The quad cab plus extended cab idea sounds good. It will be easier than the crew cab conversion and it goes back to what I mentioned with the box. "Factory replacement parts!" I was always afraid of what might happen to my truck since it was "custom".

Another option would be to add sheet metal behind the rear door of the extended cab. It would kind of look like the rear part of a mega cab. I am not sure if that would give you enough room though?

By far the easiest thing will be to add a Club rear section to current truck.

If you wanted to be really trick, get another quad cab and weld the doors together to make one big suicide door.

The wheels are forged DK-5 ,made by ARE. I have no idea how much they made,but so far I have not seen the simalr set on Internet.

The double lenght rear door quad was olso option, but its more complicated to build and the extension will weaken the cab structure. Also here is not available quad cab donor truck

Back