custom build transmissions by Garmon diesel

LOL

He just doesn't like 'em

He'll do it but I think its the guys that drive to his shop and get in his face....I guess he feels guilty if he turns them away!!! lol

I see ford there from time to time...

maybe he will work on a work truck trnas but, he flat out told me Ford trannies suck even after they're built and doesn't touch them

not my business though ...

maybe he will work on a work truck trnas but, he flat out told me Ford trannies suck even after they're built and doesn't touch them

not my business though ...

I think we're (Ty and I) both saying the same thing!!

Cut and Dry!! Garmon just loves Cummins / Dodge stuff!!!

Just sell the Ford and buy a Cummins / Dodge!!!!! lol

Jeff finished a 5R today. Good units, will be more than happy to discuss your needs and build your tranny!

Jeff finished a 5R today. Good units, will be more than happy to discuss your needs and build your tranny!

well... it seems Jeff has had a change of heart with the Fords then. I brought him a full Ford build but, he told me he wanted nothing to do a the Ford trannys.

CALLING ALL FORD GUYS!!!!

Phil and Jeff are ready for ya!!!

Its only money, Right!!!!!

well big swole.i really don't think there will be to many ford tranny's bein built.They don't make enogh power to break only dodges do .lol Just playin ford guys:cheer:

im not very impressed i had a transmission rebuilt by garmon that has around 8-10 thousand miles on it, had to take it back to him after a week due to faulty torque converter, and now the transmission is slipping bad and if i hook a trailer to it it will not shift right at all, and it has a horrible lag in between shifts, and cannot get in touch with garmon to discuss fixing, paid 2500 bucks and fuel to drive back and forth and its worse than the factory dodge

i honestly dont buy that its jeffs fault at all...i was having issues with my truck shifting erratically and throwing the p1751 and 1754 code (i had a post on it) now i live near pittsburgh and certainly cant just drive to georgia. i called him a few times in a row and basically laid under my truck tryin tricks. we got it figured out and i just got home from getting the parts in...gov pressure solenoid and transducer....i have to say thanks for taking the time to help me out and get my truck right on an issue that wasnt even caused by the parts i purchased!!!:thankyou2:

I've had my Garmon trans in my 95 2500 for three days now and I can say I love it well worth the wait. I got a full rebuild with a few of the billet goodies to make sure it will take everything I will ever throw at it. Now I can't wait to get some real power to it. Thanks to Jeff, Phil and Rick for all the help. :bow:

Last edited:
I've had my Garmon trans in my 95 2500 for three days now and I can say I love it well worth the wait. I got a full rebuild with a few of the billet goodies to make sure it will take everything I will ever throw at it. Now I can't wait to get some real power to it. Thanks to Jeff, Phil and Rick for all the help. :bow:

Bump for anyone searching a new Tranny!!

Ty i just want to tell you thanks for putting me on with Jeff i got my tranny done about a month ago and i love it.:rockwoot:

sweet ! Nothing like some southern tranny shop hospitality and know how ! :Cheer: welcome to the forum

how much are we talking for a 5r ive got suncoast superduty rebuild thats not holding. i cant get through all the gears without it skippin on the rev limmiter with my race file but it will get a run in every once in a while on a detuned program.

Call Jeff for something exact but, the prices range from around $2500 ( TQ / VB upgrade ) to around $6800 for a full build. That's a Dodge trans but, I'm sure others are around the same prices.

custom built converters ( inhouse ), Opie shafts and some special " thee " Jeff Garmon tricks to the VB

if you can't get ahold of jeff,He's really busy sometimes.Just PM me your name and number and i'll be sure he calls you

oh ya I forgot....Jeff did get a secretary LOL j/k man.... really ! Be nice to my truck :bow:

Back