custom build transmissions by Garmon diesel

I thought Swole was his secretary.

YEAH I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I couldn't be more proud too!!!! lol

Jeff's such a great guy and friend thats really helped me with my truck and learn so much.....I'm always glad to help him when I can....!!

Anyone need info, just pm me your number and I'll get back at cha as soon as I can....Then have Jeff get with ya on the fine details!!!

I know, me too Dave.... Swole helped filled a gap Jeff needed some help in. It's hard to build the best when you're on the phone all day

Jeff needs to get some more stickers out. As much as I go back and forth between states, some thing has to help the police ID my truck.

Hey thanks Ty, But guess what, after i posted about the trans. reverse went out called Jeff he said to bring it down and got it fixed the sameday. That is some damn good customer service in my book.:bow:

oh ya I forgot....Jeff did get a secretary LOL j/k man.... really ! Be nice to my truck :bow:

i'm not a secretary by no means...just helping the business and keeping customers happy..and i'd hate to have to put a few dents and scrathes in that pretty red truck..:hehe:

i'm not a secretary by no means...just helping the business and keeping customers happy..and i'd hate to have to put a few dents and scrathes in that pretty red truck..:hehe:

I know man... we've determined that was Swole LOL

come on Dave.... you know it's a joke :Cheer:

Kyle, remember what you told me the night I got there and you left for the weekend......well, I ain't "cleanin'" up no dents after you so, I expect my truck to be washed and waxed when I come back ! or at least as clean as I left it :hehe: :)

Does he sell his own rebuild kits? I'm looking for one for a 48RE

I don't think Jeff sells just a kit ....Much of the parts he uses he has made and ordered custom....

You could certainly call him and see if he'll put one together for you...If you don't get him...PM me with you number and I'll get it to him asap!!

David

i just picked up a dually that jeff had built the tranny in. i would have to say its one the best shifting trannys i have drove. i have put 250 miles on it driving home from his shop to day and it feels great. way to go jeff.

Here's one for you guys.... I have an '03 48re. I had a local guy build it about a year ago. He put in a Dunrite converter, billet input, and modified the valve body. I like it for the most part, but it seems like it takes forever to shift from 2-3. Would a new performance valve body help with this?
I was also wondering about the stall on the converter. Mine seems to be very low, is there anyway to change this or would I need to get a custom made converter to have a higher stall?
One other thing, I am planning on getting a Industrial Silver 62, 50 hp injectors, and stage III cp3. It is mainly a street truck, but I occasionally hook it up to the sled and run it at the track. Will the stuff I have hold up to that? or will I need to upgrade???
Sorry for throwing all the questions out at once, this thread really got me thinkin.....

Here's one for you guys.... I have an '03 48re. I had a local guy build it about a year ago. He put in a Dunrite converter, billet input, and modified the valve body. I like it for the most part, but it seems like it takes forever to shift from 2-3. Would a new performance valve body help with this?
I was also wondering about the stall on the converter. Mine seems to be very low, is there anyway to change this or would I need to get a custom made converter to have a higher stall?
One other thing, I am planning on getting a Industrial Silver 62, 50 hp injectors, and stage III cp3. It is mainly a street truck, but I occasionally hook it up to the sled and run it at the track. Will the stuff I have hold up to that? or will I need to upgrade???
Sorry for throwing all the questions out at once, this thread really got me thinkin.....

Your shifting issue could certainly be corrected with a Garmon VB but could also just be some dirty tranny electronics. Its common. I'd go for letting Jeff update your VB on check the electronics.

Phil Taylor (Slowpoke) is right there in Jeffs shop and can change your stall stall speed in your converter with no problem. He can refresh it if nessesary as well.

The II Silver 62 is a good turbo. I used to run one and got to 600hp with it. If your gonna race/pull much more, i'd recommend letting Jeff add a billet intermediate and output shaft. Its neverfun to break at an event. Do it now so you won't worry about it!

PM me if you need anything. Or just call Jeff. Numbers in my Sig.

Back