Dedicated Race Only Rigs?

Attachments

• IMG_0261_1.JPG
    IMG_0261_1.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 297
Anyone out there try running a Liberty or a Lenco 4 speed behind a cummins in a 4x4 truck application?

I have thought about it, but still have a tranny sponsor that swears we can make this th400 work. Popped it again this sat. night at the 1-2 shift, but we think it was the sprag, the next one comming wont even have a sprag in it, hes come up with a spragless design that he says is an unbreakable piece..... we will see.
Look at your post number.........scary
I believe the bruno drive would be killer though

I would like to know how well that works for you. We have been tossing the idea araound on a Lenco or Liberty for some time now would be nice to know if it can be done on the 4x4 trucks or not before we go and buy one and find out it doesn't work....

Yeah nice post number...... weird.

Keep us posted on the transmission design you have going.

I would like to know how well that works for you. We have been tossing the idea araound on a Lenco or Liberty for some time now would be nice to know if it can be done on the 4x4 trucks or not before we go and buy one and find out it doesn't work....

Yeah nice post number...... weird.

Keep us posted on the transmission design you have going.
You'd need a custom adapter plate to go from the reverser to the transfer case. I would really recommend a 2wd vehicle if you're going the expense of a Liberty or Lenco.

Thanks for the info and we are going to keep the 48RE in the truck for now once we decide to go to a to whell drive truck we will for sure be getting a Lenco or a Liberty

jeff wat ever happened to the build of this truck ?

I had to pry this truck from a greedy chassis shop owner, whom had most of his employees and customers leave him in the dust. I was finally able to pry this project BACK into my hands.

The sheriff was putting a lock on Vanishing Point Race Cars business, the landlord is awaiting to take possession of his premises. I too got phucked by Jim Geese-out of quite a bit of money- but in the end I am happy to just get my truck back.

Right now I am trying to pick up the pieces and progress forward with this truck. It has been an ordeal. Trust me.

It's safe now.

IMG_1812.jpg

I am dealing with some issues. I have gotten approximately 8 hours sleep since Thursday....

It is a complete mess. I have been workin at it as much as I can, upset and sad- but motivated.

Some of the mess:

Rusty tin work thru-out.
IMG_1815.jpg

Rusty firewall:
IMG_1818.jpg

Bent tin work:
IMG_1822.jpg

Parts lent out without authorization-
IMG_1819.jpg

Missing other parts and tin work. I am assessing the damages and moving forward.

I am in the garage workin away as I type lookin at it.

I am about to turn up the wick once more- only in my controls....

:evil

That sucks,at least you are in control now.

Good luck with the build

Wish you were a little closer, so I could lend ya a hand.:Cheer:
Just keep picking at it and it'll get done.

Yea it's gettin on towards winter in NJ time for Jeff to say he's working on something. Hmm..this or the srt6, or the rat rod, or...I know there's something else in the works. :kick:

Back