Deranged The rebuild begins, at Texas Diesel Power!

Gotta love this site!

Tim, if there is anything we can help with give me a shout.

Its great to see the Diesel community come together to help a fellow racer , good luck on the build I will be routing for ya, best of luck !

Heading to TDP on monday, tear it down, hopefully a good cleaning, and bearing change will be enough, then Mark will rebuild it and we will get it back in the truck and ready to shakedown again! Heres to hoping for a little sunshine to fall on this old dogs ass!

ill wish ya good luck but i think you and deranged are in very good hands.

Garrett

tim let me kniow if there is anything that needs to come from ford

i will call my 2am connection and see what i can do!

Perfect, thank ya sir. What was his name again, I cannot believe I forgot it. He is no doubt the man.

Bob.... way to go! Why did i have to go back to work when this was all going down.

Good luck!

and to me it's great to see someone building something kind of different, even a 6.0! LOL and Bob is the sh!t!!!

we might be a bunch of goof balls, but when hard times hit, it seems that we can forget the differences and come together..... not that I have contributed but I do see it! LOL

Got it tore down, and the block crank heads and 2 rods are at the machine shop. Turned 2 bearings, Machine shop and guys tearing it dwon said it was due to oil pressure being low......as if an oil filter was not flowing enough oil......sound familiar? ANYWAY, the rods are a 1 off set, there are 8 rods that exist on the planet so we are really hoping that they can save them. The crank was pretty bad, but again they can fix that. The block and heads look good, but they are cleaning them reall good to get all the metal out. they are gonna check them and ensure everything is still flat. We did smack one piston, (number 8, one of the ones with a bad bearing) so that has to be replaced, and check the valves real good. Here are a few pics.

Bearing.jpg

8piston-1.jpg

Crank2.jpg

Crankdamage.jpg

Spunbearing.jpg

Rod.jpg

Last edited:
It was nice working in a real shop, with real tools, and a lift for a change.

Lift.jpg

Cherrypick.jpg

I also found out that John Robinson is a very nice guy, but he is one tough, mean cowboy. He and I were riding in his truck, and he leaned over and broke wind. He is so tough, he farts bb's. Check out the damage to his seat.

Johnseat.jpg

If he is gonna ride with you, be damned careful where you take him for lunch, and what direction he points that thing, and for gods sake do not walk behind him.

Back