Deranged The rebuild begins, at Texas Diesel Power!

This could be very interesting. Trying to upload to youtube right now...

Interesting it shall be. Just got a text from John, all my parts arrived today, and reassembly begins tomorrow.

And just got an email from UPS, and my High pressure pump is on the way from Dieselsite. Cool Cool!

glad to see it's all coming together. Ours should be ready to re install this coming week as well.

OK, it was time to get back to it. John sent some pics to my phone today, and were close on the long block. Have a few things were doing still.

Never got to paint the engine compartment and frame rails before, so:

Derangedrebuild001.jpg

Derangedrebuild005.jpg

Still have to clean up the wiring, but I got some BIG ASS ISSPRO oil pressure, Water temp, and ammeter gauges and put them front and center. I want to know immediately whats going on with any of that.

Derangedrebuild004.jpg

Derangedrebuild003.jpg

Derangedrebuild002.jpg

Installed the second Snow water meth kit, painted the FICM, and anything that was BLUE, is now black.

Also added a few sponsor stickers, and removed one that I COUGH trusted COUGH no one would care about anymore.
sponsordone.jpg

I'm ready to get this fukkin thing back on the track.

Ordered a line lock, and a second set of rear calipers for the brakes.

Question Tim, are your ISSPRO gauges the recording kind that give you peak reading recall and that you can also log? You sure as hell are not going to have any time to look at those gauges going down the track. Also why do you have your downpipe wrapped? Is it so close to the firewall and or wiring that you are concerned you might burn something? Looks good, will be fun to see you and Brandon have a go at it. Do you plan to be in Topeka at the NHRDA finals in Sept?

why u were at it why not give the big rust spot on the floor board a spot of paint?

Whole floor board is getting covered. Exhaust wrap is because its about .000003 inches from the firewall, brake lines, and wiring.

The exhaust is ran the only way it can be without cutting the firewall.

The way the exhaust just hangs underneath...kind of strange...but whatever.

Back