Diesel power challenge 2013

^^^^ i bet watching woosley was good comedy! Cato killed it considering all the problems but still managed to throw down on every event, wish the sled track was dry for everyone but thats the way the cookie crumbles. cant wait to watch it all go down

Congrats Wes and Paul!! Damn what a fun week, and glad I had an opprotunity to go!! Sorry I dissapointed everyone on the drags, especially myself. Drag racing at elevation caused me to relearn driving the truck, and I paid for it. I may have been third, but trucks still together, I was voted for peoples choice, and I got a trophy, even though the Diesel Power guys tried to keep me from drinking beer out of it.

I would have drank beer out of it too, congrats to all the contestants and winners.

Congrats Wes and Paul!! Damn what a fun week, and glad I had an opprotunity to go!! Sorry I dissapointed everyone on the drags, especially myself. Drag racing at elevation caused me to relearn driving the truck, and I paid for it. I may have been third, but trucks still together, I was voted for peoples choice, and I got a trophy, even though the Diesel Power guys tried to keep me from drinking beer out of it.

What happened I'n the drag race?

What happened I'n the drag race?

I ran a bye run, then I didnt have a bye run, after I made the buy run. We let the bottles get cold, have to spray to spool, elevation screwed me up. I got under the chargers and couldnt leave the line. I still did a 13.50@ 128, almost caught up.

I ran a bye run, then I didnt have a bye run, after I made the buy run. We let the bottles get cold, have to spray to spool, elevation screwed me up. I got under the chargers and couldnt leave the line. I still did a 13.50@ 128, almost caught up.

Holly hell, 13.50 at 128. Well congrats even without the win for having the chance to experience the event. Sounds like you had a blast, and i will be voting for you again next year! Congrats too all the Other contenders as well!

Wait, you had actually made the bye run then they made you come back to race Cato? That's not how drag racing works. Once you go down the track on a bye run that round is over

^^^ I believe if you entered once, unless you won you can't enter again. Unless your Dimitri.....

Wait, you had actually made the bye run then they made you come back to race Cato? That's not how drag racing works. Once you go down the track on a bye run that round is over

That day was kind a cluster f. The rain moving in fast and first time doing the heads up didn't make for a very organized race. I'm sure they learned a lot for next year

I agree, big correction factors, high altitude, let's get it somewhere a little closer to sea level.

The dyno numbers I saw were uncorrected. And why would you move it somewhere easier? Reliability is a big part of the challenge. If you can't keep it together, you don't win. I think it's good in Colorado.

I'm just assuming they will put the corrected number in the magazine. Didn't they last year? I might be wrong I don't remember. I agree reliability is huge, I just hate hearing how much performance is sacrificed by the altitude.

If it was closer to sea level, it wouldnt be nearly a challenge. ATS has their facility, and not afraid to let competitors use it, bandimere right outside of town, and the mountains is something most people arent used to. Other than it being a hell of a haul, its a good, challenging location.

I agree, big correction factors, high altitude, let's get it somewhere a little closer to sea level.

Yeah, like Wisconsin. Dropped over 3g in the truck this week, prob another grand next week. Gonna pile up the parts so I can get my pos together once work slows down again. Next year will be fun.

Back