Diesel power challenge 2013

Yeah, like Wisconsin. Dropped over 3g in the truck this week, prob another grand next week. Gonna pile up the parts so I can get my pos together once work slows down again. Next year will be fun.

Na move it back to Kentucky so it can tie in with TS. Is it true I may be hauling parts back from TS for said truck.

A diesel power representative stated they signed another 3yr contract for the event to stay in Denver. It does make it a fun challenge to make power at altitude but do it later in the spring so we don't have to drive through a snowstorm.

Lavon

I sense a little pent up aggression...

I guess I shouldn't be so quick to judge. I have done stuff in my past that I am not proud of also.

If ATS has changed since I (and a couple friends) have delt with them then I am willing to settle, but the looks of this photo I took last year at TS I really dout it.

[ame="http://s686.photobucket.com/user/partyshortbusdriver/media/Contagious%20Diesel/SANY2156_zps4a133299.jpg.html"]SANY2156_zps4a133299.jpg Photo by partyshortbusdriver | Photobucket[/ame]

A few people I know from the DPC were treated really good at ATS. Atleast during the challenge. Still doesnt change what I think of them. But there is no better place in the country to have this event. After all it is a "CHALLENGE". I know there will always be people who complain but it's not a public event so who cares? It's not like moving an entire event like TS or Scheid that thousands attend.

If your truck can make power stay together in Colorado you built one hell of a truck. Good job to everyone who competed. Looks like it was a good year. :Cheer:

A few people I know from the DPC were treated really good at ATS. Atleast during the challenge. Still doesnt change what I think of them. But there is no better place in the country to have this event. After all it is a "CHALLENGE". I know there will always be people who complain but it's not a public event so who cares? It's not like moving an entire event like TS or Scheid that thousands attend.

If your truck can make power stay together in Colorado you built one hell of a truck. Good job to everyone who competed. Looks like it was a good year. :Cheer:
I think it's just a little ridiculous how close it is to the biggest drag race in the nation date wise, but so far apart on the map.

I guess I forgot that it isn't a "CHALLENGE" keeping a 4 digit hp truck together through multiple events, lol.

Damn, this has got me all worked up. Time for beer.

A diesel power representative stated they signed another 3yr contract for the event to stay in Denver. It does make it a fun challenge to make power at altitude but do it later in the spring so we don't have to drive through a snowstorm.

Lavon

I've been caught in a blizzard that dumped 12" of snow on us at the end of June before. Typically that's a safe date, it's been a wild spring out here!

I think to really announce a diesel power truck champion, the trucks should score the points based on direct results.

Example :
1/4mile and 1/8mile trailer tow: if you run 11.51@ 120mph you get 120 points - 11.51 = 108.49 total points
Or run 10.34@130 you get 130 points - 10.34 =119.66 total points

Dyno :750hp 1240ft lbs - add them together=1990 X 10% = 199 total points
Or dyno 1178hp 1890ft lbs would equal 306.8 points

Sled pull: 280ft distance pulled =280 total points

Just a random thought I had

Back