Dmitri 1580rwhp Uncorrected...

I saw Nick D'Amico grenade his turbo on Mad Dog's dyno at the last Diesel Power Challenge held in Salt Lake. There was no safety cross bolts in the exhaust but luckily he had a stack so all the shrapnel went straight up and then showered several people. Stuff was damn hot. Had he had a regular exhaust the shrapnel could have easily killed someone.

the dyno operator generally spins the tires before running the truck to clear rocks out of them. had ujoint explode and a drive shaft come out standing next to dynos......I have since rethought my physical placement

I've stood directly next to the dyno several times when D's trucks have run on the dyno and when others were ghetto fogged. Safety is definitely something that gets taken for granted and I'm assuming someone will have to be seriously injured before dynos, especially of the mobile variety, will spend the $$$ to install safety barriers and other containment devices

I'm hearing Facebook murmurs of a 2k plus number from my industrial's truck, anyone have more info?

From more bookface reading it appears results are higher than normal across the board by several hundred

Yea, they made almost 2300hp. I know people have issues setting chassis up so I don't expect ET and dyno numbers to match perfect but if that truck weighs 6000 lbs(which I doubt) it's capable of 7.55's at 178mph in the 1/4 mile. A couple weeks ago it ran mid-high 10's in Denver. Sounds like a pretty giving dyno. Powerful truck in any case but the whole dyno racing thing is getting old. What is the point? They build these trucks that can't pull, can't drag race, sure as hell not consistent enough to run consecutive good passes and win anything, and can't street drive. It doesn't make sense to build a cage, chassis, suspension, and competition wheels and tires to trailer it around and dyno.

Didn't that truck trap like a mo-fo?

Really, not sure if drag racing a pickup or sled pulling with one is any less silly than building a competition vehicle for the dyno.

Didn't that truck trap like a mo-fo?

Really, not sure if drag racing a pickup or sled pulling with one is any less silly than building a competition vehicle for the dyno.

Yeah, it went 160mph spooling a good bit out in Denver....they Facebook video also shows they sprayed it all the way till it cleaned up, I'd like to see what kind of shot that was!

Either way congrats to Industrial!

Yeah, it went 160mph spooling a good bit out in Denver....they Facebook video also shows they sprayed it all the way till it cleaned up, I'd like to see what kind of shot that was!

Either way congrats to Industrial!

I thought it went 15X mph? Still fast as hell but didn't make it to the 2nd round of eliminations so he couldn't try again. I'm not even sure if it was in the 10's durning qualifying. I don't think the chargers/converter setup liked the thin air.

Are they setting it up to drag race or for the Dyno Circuit?

Remember folks the track only calculates average hp. There is no possible way to show peak power.

Like I said on facebook regardless of the state or elevation there is only one first. Congrats to ii making 2k first and hope to see dmitri crack 2k as well.

I thought it went 15X mph? Still fast as hell but didn't make it to the 2nd round of eliminations so he couldn't try again. I'm not even sure if it was in the 10's durning qualifying. I don't think the chargers/converter setup liked the thin air.

Are they setting it up to drag race or for the Dyno Circuit?

I think he went 158.XX, I was just rounding up...I also think the truck has to weigh 6000lb for Super Street right? I know what you mean about backing up crazy dyno figures with track times, but as it's been proven time and time again, there's a lot more than just horsepower that actually gets you down the dragstrip. Even if the number on the II drag truck was corrected by 20% (which is entirely possible), that's still stupid power.

Back