Dmitri 1580rwhp Uncorrected...

Dmitri is going to be at sea level this weekend...it's on a Dynocom though, which have a friendly reputation. Should be interesting. :pop:

A dynocom is like measuring your dick in cm and calling it inches. 2000 is in the bag....LMFAO

I'm pretty sure he lives in -98 ft msl.

Idk what altitude has to do with octane, all piston engine aircraft run 100LL.

I live at sea level, but our cabin in CO is at 9,000ft

more air density = more heat when you squish it... more heat = more need for octane.

aircraft are obviously dialed in to make power at altitude.

your typical passenger car is dialed in to make power safely at sea level.

You can run a higher compression ratio at altitude than you can at sea level on the same octane fuel.

and yes, it's a location equation, but the point is, no matter where you go, diesel is pretty much diesel :)

Dmitri is going to be at sea level this weekend...it's on a Dynocom though, which have a friendly reputation. Should be interesting. :pop:

I know some guys who were pissed their truck only made 700 on that dyno when they thought it should make 1k. Haha

Since I started this as a no BS thread, I have to mention Pat Liskey's performance today at Jefferson State. 1561rwhp uncorrected with a cracked block! The fact it was on an inertia dyno was even more impressive. Pull was maybe 2 seconds long and then you could just hear the rollers spinning at 140mph. Still was able to load enough to make 100+psi despite the brief run. Congrats Big Twin Diesel!

Since I started this as a no BS thread, I have to mention Pat Liskey's performance today at Jefferson State. 1561rwhp uncorrected with a cracked block! The fact it was on an inertia dyno was even more impressive. Pull was maybe 2 seconds long and then you could just hear the rollers spinning at 140mph. Still was able to load enough to make 100+psi despite the brief run. Congrats Big Twin Diesel!

but its a heavy roller, so loading isnt usually an issue. thats great numbers.

My son and I were covering the Wagler event in Elnora, IN where Dmitri ran on the Dan's Diesel Dynocom dyno...

He made 1865.0 hp with 2120.4 lbs-ft of torque uncorrected on their dyno. He only made one pull and said he was hoping for 2000 hp, said he did not have the right fittings to spray it with nitrous (Jeremy Wagler offered to get the fittings from his shop). He was going to let it cool back off then make another pull, but it began to make bad noises while idling before the second pull. They quickly shut it down and pulled lengths of torn up belt from the engine bay...

There was a huge crowd on hand for the day (especially for a town of less than 700 people) and most of them were gathered around the dyno for his run. Thankfully there was no carnage from his truck.

The same couldn't be said for a young guy with a 6.7L Cummins that broke a turbo shaft! Or for the Cummins Killer crew that dropped a rod on Friday then dropped a valve that went through the piston on Saturday. Both days they put a ton of oil on the track!!! But man those guys are making great power with that engine and if they get it to hold together will be a force to be reckoned with in the Super Stock class!!! They are also not at all afraid of hard work even right there in the pits rebuilding the engine three times now!!!

There was a huge crowd on hand for the day (especially for a town of less than 700 people) and most of them were gathered around the dyno for his run. Thankfully there was no carnage from his truck.

I have often wondered how bystanders have not been taken out with dyno ops at events. Be it a rock from a tire or a ball of flames from Sparkle Britches engine, someone could be fatally injured.

I will be watching from afar if Dmitri still finds his way to Milan in two weeks.

I have often wondered how bystanders have not been taken out with dyno ops at events. Be it a rock from a tire or a ball of flames from Sparkle Britches engine, someone could be fatally injured.

I will be watching from afar if Dmitri still finds his way to Milan in two weeks.

When I saw Dmitri run at Industrial Injection, they moved the crowd way back for him and all the other high horsepower trucks, and also didn't allow anyone to stand in front of the dyno. Seems smart to me.

the dyno operator generally spins the tires before running the truck to clear rocks out of them. had ujoint explode and a drive shaft come out standing next to dynos......I have since rethought my physical placement

The crowd was way back. Jeremy Wagler wanted to make sure everyone was safe and had people probably 100 feet or more back from the dyno with no one in front or behind. I was about 50-75 feet away in the bucket of a backhoe lifted in the air to shoot the whole scene while my son Kyle was at a 45-degree angle from the front of the truck and about 75-feet away.

I have seen engines, tires, turbos and driveshafts grenade on dynos and personally I think the most dangerous aspect is the tires... I have pics of sidewalls rippled around 3/4 or more of the tire and that has to be asking for trouble. I have seen dynos used in the gasser world that have acrylic safety shields for the rear tires, but have never seen them used on the diesel side of things...

10-4 on watching from afar... I'll probably be closer than you, but I'll be at a relatively safe distance!

the dyno operator generally spins the tires before running the truck to clear rocks out of them. had ujoint explode and a drive shaft come out standing next to dynos......I have since rethought my physical placement

That happened at Dyno for Dex. Idiot hit the nitrous on an upshift and blew the driveshaft right off. Hit 4 people. Luckily it was all bruises but the kids that were there would not have taken the hit well.

That happened at Dyno for Dex. Idiot hit the nitrous on an upshift and blew the driveshaft right off. Hit 4 people. Luckily it was all bruises but the kids that were there would not have taken the hit well.

I thought it only hit 2? Dylan and that guy with glasses that needed a smoke immediately lol. Who else?

Robert, the York kid, Grapevine's wife, and I thought there was another?

Edit: Vang got hit too. Or who ever the lil asian dude is.

square body chebby at one last year let loose at about 7k....drive shaft was a little short. lucky it hit the dyno and bounced out the back and over the 40ft pine trees......

Back