Dmitri 1580rwhp Uncorrected...

Well the boys tore it up last weekend in Denver, DA was 7700 ft and there were new records set in both Super Street (MPH and ET) and new MPH record in Pro Street. Both uncorrected.

Have you ever thought that less power application makes for better traction? That could easily been the case that answers your question.

I've proven that our truck would loose 3-5 tenths and 5-8 mph at elevation. That translates to a few hundred horsepower....

They've still got to be making more power than anywhere else, or the records wouldn't be broken.

Have you ever thought that less power application makes for better traction? That could easily been the case that answers your question.

I've proven that our truck would loose 3-5 tenths and 5-8 mph at elevation. That translates to a few hundred horsepower....

My 60' times were worse than usual because the track was loose, so the above comment has no meaning for my set-up at least. Even broke traction way out past the line. You are also talking about ET when talking about traction and two MPH records were broken which shows HP. I'm not buying into the high elevation makes a lot less HP with big boost and N2O on a diesel because in all the high altitude tracks that I have run over the years have not shown a big difference.

Last edited:
My 60' times were worse than usual because the track was loose, so the above comment has no meaning for my set-up at least. Even broke traction way out past the line. You are also talking about ET when talking about traction and two MPH records were broken which shows HP. I'm not buying into the high elevation makes a lot less HP with big boost and N2O on a diesel because in all the high altitude tracks that I have run over the years have not shown a big difference.

Air at elevation is also thinner. So it's a easy thought that better traction and thinner air allowed for higher mph. It's a known fact that where oxygen quality suffers. Horsepower will as well. Boosted and nitrous are in the same boat.

The best racers in the world see the same thing in NHRA verses seal level. Over Half a second and over 10 mph in some cases.

I've proven that our truck would loose 5-8 mph at elevation. That translates to a few hundred horsepower....

Air at elevation is also thinner. So it's a easy thought that better traction and thinner air allowed for higher mph.

Sorry, I'm confused in your two postings today. I posted my findings for my set-up and experience, that is all.

Last edited:
STP is already WAY WAY to favorable to turbocharged engines, then throw a dynojet correction factor (double correction) while spraying and you are full on retarded.

Yep!

Not a big difference at all. NA then you will see something. Turbo or Supercharger not so much.

Also

Congratulations on the records everyone. Cool to watch things going back and forth. Nice to see smart racing Rob as you always have. You have to be in it too win it. Many could learn from you.

Sorry, I'm confused in your two postings today. I posted my findings for my set-up and experience, that is all.

Oh I see. I was stating that my combo looses mph and et. While it's possible that other combos may not loose what mine did and could even gain from other variables.

Air at elevation is also thinner. So it's a easy thought that better traction and thinner air allowed for higher mph. It's a known fact that where oxygen quality suffers. Horsepower will as well. Boosted and nitrous are in the same boat.

The best racers in the world see the same thing in NHRA verses seal level. Over Half a second and over 10 mph in some cases.

I'm gonna puke.

Sothe argument that high elevations has poor air quality and thus causes worse performance and less hp is now false? If so why is it that everyone on here that follows the Diesel Power Competition every year and complaining about it being in Colorado? They all say look at what so and so is doing he just dyno ed 200 to 300 more hp down near sea level and ran about a second better quarter! Ninty nine percent of all of the vehicles will not perform nearly as well at elevation as they do at sea level. Those are facts.

Last edited:
No, the argument is that they use an n/a correction factor on f/I dyno sheets.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Spool performance kills as well. Many have learned there are other ways to help out in that department.

No, the argument is that they use an n/a correction factor on f/I dyno sheets.

This.

My turboed car and my truck took a hit when I moved to CO, but my motorcycle (only thing I had that was N/A) took a huge hit! I could do 3rd gear wheelies before, and then struggled to do 2nd gear up there, and it actually just felt really slow. Not to mention, a tuned Jetta up there (buddy's car) can pull on a new V8 Camaro on the highway up there and would get stomped at sea level.

the turbo diesel is the best cure for altitude sickness that there is...

when you get way up there in the rare air, you can't buy anything stronger than 87 octane. Maybe 89, but the pumps I go to are 85 octane and 87 octane.

but diesel stays diesel :)

when you get way up there in the rare air, you can't buy anything stronger than 87 octane. Maybe 89, but the pumps I go to are 85 octane and 87 octane.

We have 91. What altitude?

That's a location issue more than a elevation issue. I'm at 1200ft and all we have is 89.

Back