Does anyone have a problem with me running a hand throttle on my 2.6 truck?

Going to be making some changes to the truck this year. As most of you know I am a paraplegic so I operate my pulling truck exclusively through the use of my hands. As you can imagine it can get a little hairy during the pull having to worry about holding the brake to build boost, converter lockup, throttle, steering, and upshifting. I'm planning on trying to make a few changes in attempt to streamline my driving some. In the past I've used a "hand throttle" but its been basically nothing more than a glorified stick thats attached to the accelerator. This year I'm wanting to go with something similar to what you would see in a 3.0 or mod truck. Just wanted to make sure that no one is gonna give me any flack for using a hand throttle in the 2.6 class since I know most rules state that they are not allowed. Last thing I wanna do is spend a bunch of time fabbing up something only to have someone throw a fit and protest or something.

If i ran 2.6 i wouldnt have a problem with it under the circumstances, i may have a 2.6 out next year so im ok with it

Last edited:
Nobody will say a word about it, until you start beating them!

I would contact the organization that you plan to run with, explain the situation, and get there blessing.

Last edited:
I wouldn't have a problem but I would talk to your org just so they are on your side.

I dont see where anybody would have a problem with that anywhere, and if they do they just wanna be a-holes.

I havent been on here long and had no idea you were parapalegic, I truely applaud you:clap:. I think its awsome you have found a way to keep doing what you love.

Go for it josh!!! I know everyone around here wouldn't have a problem with it. :Cheer:

Lynn

No one would have a problem with it. Anyone could unerstand. Good luck with your changes.

I know from an org. standpoint we would not have an issue with it. I would look at more for safety, The easier it is for you to drive and control. The safer it keep you and the track crew.

I wouldn't have any issue with it, and anyone who does should be a candidate for Azzhole of the Year award.

I assume a hand throttle is legal on your daily driver...if so, it should be legal for the track as well.

Nobody will say a word about it, until you start beating them!

I would contact the organization that you plan to run with, explain the situation, and get there blessing.

Grrr. Their!

Build It Josh, and if anybody gives ya FLAK, Let me know they wont be pulling anymore when we are done with em!

Travis

Build It Josh, and if anybody gives ya FLAK, Let me know they wont be pulling anymore when we are done with em!

Travis

X2!

im suprised you even had to ask this question, with all the hardships you already have to deal with/over come--- if someone complains- they shouldnt be in this world to much longer

................unless the hand throttle is worth an extra 1,000 hp:hehe:

I'd do it. Under these conditions there is no reason you shouldn't be able to. If someone complains they need to be punched in the mouth.

or tell the complainers not to use there legs/feet to control the pedals.... sh*t will be dropped real fast

I wouldn't have any issue with it, and anyone who does should be a candidate for Azzhole of the Year award.

I assume a hand throttle is legal on your daily driver...if so, it should be legal for the track as well.

Well said!!

Back