Does anyone have a problem with me running a hand throttle on my 2.6 truck?

or tell the complainers not to use there legs/feet to control the pedals.... sh*t will be dropped real fast

I wouldn't have any issue with it, and anyone who does should be a candidate for Azzhole of the Year award.

I assume a hand throttle is legal on your daily driver...if so, it should be legal for the track as well.

I would have to agree 100% A hand throttle is not going to gain you power just make it easier in your situation. I am embarrested that you would even have to ask a question like this.Situations like this is why I have stopped pulling. If anyone gives you flack for that than they should get a azz whoopin for free.bif

Last edited:
I'd never say a word about it! I'd say do it, let the haters hate.

Go For it Josh. I don't think B.O.B. or any other organization will have a problem with it. I applaud you for everything you have done for this sport. It's crazy how much stuff you are doing while going down the track.

Mike

If someone complains about it they should have both their legs broken

Just use your hands to push on the pedals... :hehe: :hehe:

Let er eat!!!

If someone complains about it they should have both their legs broken

A few years back a WannabeModTruck /actually street truck was asking "what ifs" I told him both legs had better be broke to use a hand throttle in the 2.6 class, I will stand by that rule, Josh you are legal. If anyone complains we'll ban them for life.

I honestly don't think any puller would say a word, even as much as they whine, they are good people.

Build It Josh, and if anybody gives ya FLAK, Let me know they wont be pulling anymore when WE are done with em!

Travis

Me & My Crew will stand with Travis & his ANYTIME for this! :rockwoot:

Build it Josh!!!:Cheer:

I wonder how many guys are going to go and break both there legs before next years season starts! LOL

Josh if any one complains ill shove my size 14 up there butt sideways!

Just use your hands to push on the pedals... :hehe: :hehe:

Let er eat!!!

I was thinkin about just hiring a midget to push the pedals for me LOL

I wonder how many guys are going to go and break both there legs before next years season starts! LOL

:lolly:

Thanks for the replies. I just wanted to get some feedback on it before I went through with it. Like Chuck said I think it would actually be safer by allowing my to have more control over the truck. I just don't want my truck to end up doing decent and then have nay sayers that cry that its not fair because I get to use a hand throttle and they don't.

just an Idea, and if money allows, another thing you can try to do to make things easier is using an air shifter. Most ratchet shifters come with the soleniod mount on the back side of the shifter handle. Its activated using an RPM activation switch. When the truck reaches a certain RPM, the soleniod slaps the shifter. In a sense it would be just like having and standard auto valve body in the tranny with out having to worry about it up shifting when you don't want it to. Although if you do get into a situation where you need to down shift, you will have to do it yourself, but with the power and the gears you are running, you shouldn't have to.

ctn-sa4000_w.jpg

Thanks. Those are some pretty slick lookin units.

just an Idea, and if money allows, another thing you can try to do to make things easier is using an air shifter. Most ratchet shifters come with the soleniod mount on the back side of the shifter handle. Its activated using an RPM activation switch. When the truck reaches a certain RPM, the soleniod slaps the shifter. In a sense it would be just like having and standard auto valve body in the tranny with out having to worry about it up shifting when you don't want it to. Although if you do get into a situation where you need to down shift, you will have to do it yourself, but with the power and the gears you are running, you shouldn't have to.

ctn-sa4000_w.jpg

Thanks Bragg. I have actually been giving this route some thought already. I have a ratchet shifter which makes it a lot better than the column shifter, but it would be nice to have it hooked up to where I could either push a button and shift, or just let it do it on its own. I only need it to shift one time for me. I don't run a manual valve body so I put the selector in 2nd at the line. It runs up through first and then shifts to 2nd on its own. Once it gets wound out it 2nd, then I slap it up into 3rd.

Go for it Josh I'm the tech man with BOB and Tech man has final say so!:lolly:

Back