Douchin out 22x14s on 37s - lift advice -

SPEEDSHIFT

First off, if you dont like big wide wheels dont comment, I dont care about your hate...:thankyou2:

Anyway, I have decided to lift my truck and swap the tires off my H2 and run them on my truck as I am selling the "Hermmer". I have about $5k in these and prob couldn't get $3k for them if I sold them, and they may have 5k miles on them. They are 37x13.50/22 Toyo M/Ts on 22x14 XD Armors.

Right now I have a KORE leveling kit with FOX 2.0 Res shocks and would like to keep the ride if not make it better. I would really like to run a 6" lift, but everything I see says I would need at least 8" which brings new challenges like drive line angles into play.

I am thinking...

Thuren soft 6" coils
Pro Comp long arms
Revalve my existing shocks to Dons specs, and build brackets for the rears and flat towers for the fronts.
5.5" rear blocks
2" TGC coil spacer

Is there anyone that has fit a wheel and tire combo like these with a 6" lift? I do plan on swapping out the front bumper with a Road Armor, so I may be able to move the axle a little further forward to help fender clearance...

It should look a lot like this one.

gubapytu.jpg

desymapu.jpg

Last edited:
should look killer :D the bds kits have worked good around here long arm kits ride kinda rough though

Looking at this truck, it looks like I may be able to move the front axle forward and inch or so, and may be able to run a 6" instead... Like I said rubbing the bumper wont be a concern with a Road Armor. I am just not sure about how the steering would line up...

gubapytu.jpg

Those are really nice kits, but I don't want to spend that much on a kit. The Pro Comp kit is $600 and comparable to some of those kits. I just want a nice street ride, wont be doing any serious off roading.

2 things..that's not a hummer..it's a boxy Chevy Yukon..
..secondly...Road Armor...bleh

...the rest sounds good though.

2 things..that's not a hummer..it's a boxy Chevy Yukon..
..secondly...Road Armor...bleh

...the rest sounds good though.

Its what my GF drives, and serves its purpose perfectly... a cool, girl truck. I actually didn't call it a "Hummer" either... I call it the "Hermmer" LOL

I already have a Road Armor-ish rear bumper, and I like the way they look compared to the rest.

Sorry to break it to ya', but the backspacing is so far out that it's going to steer like crap and wear out the tires so fast it'll make you cry from the amount of scrubbing they will have when you turn. Not only that, but I give you about two days of driving it before a cop gives you hefty fine for excessive tire protrusion.

Sorry to break it to ya', but the backspacing is so far out that it's going to steer like crap and wear out the tires so fast it'll make you cry from the amount of scrubbing they will have when you turn. Not only that, but I give you about two days of driving it before a cop gives you hefty fine for excessive tire protrusion.

First off he lives in Texas where it's law to have tires that wide on a sidewalk crawler and second he's had this setup already so I'd say he knows how they're gonna wear. So how bout you go drink a big ol cup of STFU.

My advice for Bodie: You said you wanted good ride quality, have you thought about Carli? I know their kits are pretty pricey but I think if you'd piece together a 6" lift with what you have combined with Carli springs, arms, etc. you could do it reasonably.

This post = :lolly:

I'd be sure to spend the money where it counts with those....good track bar, heavy duty ball joints, and heavy duty steering linkage. Also, a steering box brace since its a dodge. LOL

I'll also bet your best ride improvement would be from a good replacement set of rear leaves. Other than that, you've got the right idea with long arms and a progressive rate coil up front.

First off he lives in Texas where it's law to have tires that wide on a sidewalk crawler and second he's had this setup already so I'd say he knows how they're gonna wear. So how bout you go drink a big ol cup of STFU.

Dang! I didn't know I talking smack on your wife!(Or are you the one that wears the panties in that relationship?)

:doh: So much fail.

My advice for Bodie: You said you wanted good ride quality, have you thought about Carli? I know their kits are pretty pricey but I think if you'd piece together a 6" lift with what you have combined with Carli springs, arms, etc. you could do it reasonably.

I would love a Carli kit, but $5k is way too much to spend on a kit that just rides on the street. I also use my truck quite a bit hauling parts and my crawlers, so I dont want to lose any load capacity. Piecing one together really isnt cheaper, just the arms are $2400.

Like I said, I think the Thuren Coils with some specific valving recommended by Don would be my best bet for affordable ride quality. I have talked to him about it already, I just dont remember what shim stacks he recommended, Ill have to touch base with him again on it.

I can piece the kit together I mentioned for about $1500 using my current shocks.

I'd be curious to see what it would ride and tow like if you pulled a couple leaves and put either air bags or the helper springs on, the type that are loose till a load is applied.

Back