Douchin out 22x14s on 37s - lift advice -

Whatever; I really was just trying to be helpful. I should have known better than to waste my time with someone that wants to be seen in a ghettocruiser retardmobile. :homo:

LOL You were trying to be helpful? Please tell me how the backspacing of a wheel accelerates tire wear and effects steering?

You think this style looks stupid? Your sig says you have stacks... LOL Only difference is this "ghettocruiser retardmobile" will light your ass up any day of the week.

Now GTFO out of my thread "Mouth Hugger".:homo:

Bodie- you moving to California soon?

( I kid, I kid)

LOL Nah, I may not even keep the big wheels for long. My plan is to build a kit where I can still go to a 37 and 17" Raceline wheel later on if I wanted. I like that look as well.

Sorry to break it to ya', but the backspacing is so far out that it's going to steer like crap and wear out the tires so fast it'll make you cry from the amount of scrubbing they will have when you turn. Not only that, but I give you about two days of driving it before a cop gives you hefty fine for excessive tire protrusion.
obvious repluic of TX residents dont have deal with the over burdensome vehicle laws of the Commonweath of PA residents do.
:doh: So much fail.

LOL

Have you thought about calling carli or thuren to see what you could piece together? Even though you don't plan to thrash it in the desert their shock valving and spring rates could make a huge difference in ride vs off the shelf components.

It's going to look good regardless.

Have you thought about calling carli or thuren to see what you could piece together? Even though you don't plan to thrash it in the desert their shock valving and spring rates could make a huge difference in ride vs off the shelf components.

It's going to look good regardless.

Post #1
I am thinking...

Thuren soft 6" coils
Pro Comp long arms
Revalve my existing shocks to Dons specs, and build brackets for the rears and flat towers for the fronts.
5.5" rear blocks
2" TGC coil spacer

Post#19
Like I said, I think the Thuren Coils with some specific valving recommended by Don would be my best bet for affordable ride quality. I have talked to him about it already, I just dont remember what shim stacks he recommended, Ill have to touch base with him again on it.

I can piece the kit together I mentioned for about $1500 using my current shocks.

Yeah, I have thought about it. LOL

I would recommend some Thuren coils.

BUT SERIOUSLY I run Thuren 3"_coils and Bilstien shocks and it rides pretty good, I have thought about going 6" but don't want to loose and of the performance of the truck.

Didn't read the entire thread, sorry.

That's like driving to work and then getting a morning quickie before ya shower and get dressed. I mean I realize some people bang their secretary but jeez first things first.

LOL You were trying to be helpful? Please tell me how the backspacing of a wheel accelerates tire wear and effects steering?

You think this style looks stupid? Your sig says you have stacks... LOL Only difference is this "ghettocruiser retardmobile" will light your ass up any day of the week.

Now GTFO out of my thread "Mouth Hugger".:homo:

Holy crap! You don't know how backspacing affects tire wear and you're making fun of me?! It's called scrub radius you little s**t. Pick up a book and read every once in a while and you wouldn't be such a phucking idiot. How old are you anyway? 18? 19? Either way you need to close your mouth for a few more years. I'm also disappointed to see so many people supporting you and your feeble-minded ideas.

If you actually knew what you were talking about, scrub radius is determined by the king pin center axis in relation to the CENTER contact patch of the tire... back space, front space, and overall wheel width determines the center of the wheel... not just backspace.

Caster, camber, toe, and wheel width to tread width determine how a tire wears, not backspace...

Here are the lift. wheel, and tire laws for Texas.
http://www.liftlaws.com/texas_lift_laws.htm

So, you are wrong.:eek:wned:

And age doesn't have much to do with intelligence, your 33 and look how stupid you are. LOL

Holy crap! You don't know how backspacing affects tire wear and you're making fun of me?! It's called scrub radius you little s**t. Pick up a book and read every once in a while and you wouldn't be such a phucking idiot. How old are you anyway? 18? 19? Either way you need to close your mouth for a few more years. I'm also disappointed to see so many people supporting you and your feeble-minded ideas.

The term you're reaching for is offset, not backspacing.

Wider scrub radius would make low speed turning effort less, which would be nice with a set of heavy 37s.

If camber and toe are set properly scrub radius will have no perceptible impact on tire wear.

If you're dropping $5k on a set of tires and wheels for a lifted H2 and then putting them on a fast truck used as a tow rig for your toys, a little tire wear isn't your top concern.

Your move.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk 2

Back