DT466 superduty DD build

Ok tried to upload pics from my phone, no luck. So I will upload when I can or someone can offer a hand. Really doesn't matter to me.

I looked at this a couple years ago and decided to go with a 6.7. The cost to build a 466 is high, and 800-900hp isn't cheap or easy. Lots of torque, but honestly, 1800 ft/lbs is really easy with a 5.9 or 6.7. In fact, keeping a 1000hp truck under that takes a bit of planning. Easy packaging, cheaper parts, less headaches with the Cummins. I understand wanting to be different than the rest, but get your wallet out. If you go through with it, take lots of pictures.
Good luck with the project.

My quote for a properly built long block(similar to what I had done with my 6.7) was $55K. Add injection pump, turbos, injectors, lines, etc. and you are at $65K before you start figuring out how to transmit the power from the engine to the ground. If it's done on the cheap, a 5.9 will be close to the same power for a fraction of the cost.

Well I'm a bit further along then pricing out parts. I drove 1250 miles last week picking up parts.

one word of advice is to ignore the bullstuff that gets you fired up cause there are too many people on here that sit around waiting for threads like this to team up on frustrated people. im excited to see what unfolds with this truck. though you also need to keep in mind that most people on here aren't going to agree to a consensus about something if its wrong or ill information, they are just trying to help. sometimes it seems like people are trying a little too hard to make you feel like you don't know what youre talking about, but take the information for what it is when you have multiple people saying the same thing.

I agree with you, im not a huge fan of these forums either, it seems to be more of a hangout for keyboard warriors that feel like close friends to everyone on here when they have never even seen each others faces, but nonetheless a vast source of knowledge and information.

ill be checkin on this thread a lot, get started on some pics mane

also, start small. think about power after the truck is complete and ready to drive. way less stress and way less problems. you'll find out step by step what parts will stand up to further increased dt466 power levels.

one word of advice is to ignore the bullstuff that gets you fired up cause there are too many people on here that sit around waiting for threads like this to team up on frustrated people. im excited to see what unfolds with this truck. though you also need to keep in mind that most people on here aren't going to agree to a consensus about something if its wrong or ill information, they are just trying to help. sometimes it seems like people are trying a little too hard to make you feel like you don't know what youre talking about, but take the information for what it is when you have multiple people saying the same thing.

I agree with you, im not a huge fan of these forums either, it seems to be more of a hangout for keyboard warriors that feel like close friends to everyone on here when they have never even seen each others faces, but nonetheless a vast source of knowledge and information.

Thank you for the support!!! I hope this journey puts a smile on many faces! Enjoy

also, start small. think about power after the truck is complete and ready to drive. way less stress and way less problems. you'll find out step by step what parts will stand up to further increased dt466 power levels.

Exactly! I'm running a stock benched 180 pump and Mild injectors that will max out the pump when I'm ready. This way I can work my way up through the pumP and get it dialed in then start crowding it and see what actually will hold up and what won't. No twins for now just all simple legit power.

I'm building a cradle and placing the engine lower then the 7.3 was, I have the extra room due to the suspension lift. The frame is going to have box gussets every 20" roughly. Front axle is up in the air. Any problems I run into will be tackled head on. This is all in good fun I won't stress over issues. "like Nike, just do it" is me 100% lmao.
My mother saw the pics clear back in NH on the web somewhere and just called me tonight and asked..."why?". Lol cause I can that's why!!

Frank "some polish last name" aka (powersnorter) has or had a OBS 95 F250 with a DT466 in his sled puller.It can be done.I had a 8.3 Cummins and thought about install it in my 96,but at about 800lbs more disided not to.Good luck with the project.

screw everyone, build what you want and have fun driving it. If your skills are lacking I hope your wallet is fat. and always remember "Never interrupt someone doing something you said couldn't be done

Quick update-
Just finishing up swapping my 7.3 into a customers 97 1ton then I will be tackling the 466 build. ~Clayton

Definitely gonna be different. If I was doing something like this, I would keep the big, "over sized" theme for everything to avoid issues in driveline if said 2k ftlbs of torque is going to be used often.

Rockwell 2.5 ton transfer case, 5ton axles and semi Super Single wheels/tires would be sweet!

I can guarantee you that this is not a forum of keyboard warriors. I have made the rounds (Diesel Bombers, Cummins Forum, and then here), and I can tell you that these guys are real. Most meet up several times a year at events, so yeah, they've seen each others' faces.

There is a ton of knowledge on this forum, don't throw it all away for trying to retain your own pride. If these guys seems like dicks, it's because these threads are not rare occurrences. Sure, you have those guys that come on here and run their mouth spouting out what they dreamed last night, and never take action on it. And then there are those that do TONS of research, even buy donor trucks and parts, but still never complete the swap (reference the thread that I think WUnderwood linked to). Most of the guys posting here have just posted the truth; the trouble you will run into and the better options you have. Wouldn't they be bigger dicks for letting you run into something without knowing the setbacks you will face? $.02

After saying all that, the swap has been done before and I wish you the best of luck. Subscribed.

I can guarantee you that this is not a forum of keyboard warriors. I have made the rounds (Diesel Bombers, Cummins Forum, and then here), and I can tell you that these guys are real. Most meet up several times a year at events, so yeah, they've seen each others' faces.

There is a ton of knowledge on this forum, don't throw it all away for trying to retain your own pride. If these guys seems like dicks, it's because these threads are not rare occurrences. Sure, you have those guys that come on here and run their mouth spouting out what they dreamed last night, and never take action on it. And then there are those that do TONS of research, even buy donor trucks and parts, but still never complete the swap (reference the thread that I think WUnderwood linked to). Most of the guys posting here have just posted the truth; the trouble you will run into and the better options you have. Wouldn't they be bigger dicks for letting you run into something without knowing the setbacks you will face? $.02

After saying all that, the swap has been done before and I wish you the best of luck. Subscribed.

see its ppl like u that get **** started because u JUST HAVE to voice ur opinion that really could have been done without. no $h!t there are helpful people on here that know each other personally, but that still doesn't account for the rest of the people that fall into the category I mentioned. you some forum thread super hero or somethin? there are plenty of people on here that cant wait to tell someone they are wrong.... like you. you only reinforced my statement dude so thanks

The guy just explained why you got the responses you got and then wished you luck on your build so he can see how it goes.

Chill the phuck out or no one will help you.

Back