Edge and Efi Live are a go

Guys,

I had EFI Live install last saturday.:snoop:
I still have my Edge/attitude on the truck FOR GUAGE PURPOSES ONLY ! :evil
The wait to clear codes is over. It starts right up, has better power & the mileage has improved.
Go for it !$.02
WAYNES WORLD

Your edge is probably still manipulating some tables on you. Might want to check that out and see how it runs with the edge unplugged.

Your edge is probably still manipulating some tables on you. Might want to check that out and see how it runs with the edge unplugged.

3brorce,
It would be "extremely" difficult to influence anything ------since it is off----- shut down to ZERO-------:stab:

WAYNES WORLD

3brorce,
It would be "extremely" difficult to influence anything ------since it is off----- shut down to ZERO-------:stab:

WAYNES WORLD

Even on the zero setting some Edge products add timing. Unless you have disconnected your device completely and are just using it for decorative purposes you should probably double check with the manufacturer.

Cheers
Cindy

Uh, ya. I think I won this sword fight there bud.

3broce,
Not so fast----:Cheer:
Cummins Tunner, stated that my Edge/A as Cindy said to check with, As long as its on zero "it won't interfere with my EFI Live program" ! bif
Thus ----my statement is checked & double checked before I did the install.:snoop:
BTW, i logged in 25.6 this last trip out of town on my overhead. Even if it 20% off , I'm still over 20 at 75MPH. Plus I'm still above 3/4 at almost 200 miles on the tank.
Enjoy your day as I am with my new & improved truck.
WAYNES WORLD

I am pretty sure Cindy meant to check with Edge not CT. I would like to see some log files of your truck with the edge plugged in and with it not. May need a obd splitter to do so. Your truck aint the only one that has been running an edge and been known to still mess with the efi tuning. $.02 Im done arguing this with you though as a few of s have told you otherwise and you still dont listen.

Last edited:
Some people found out the hard way that even on the zero setting timing is added, particularly when it came to asking for trouble shooting assistance. Depending on your tuning adding more timing might not be an issue, if you are pushing the envelope then it's probably in your best interests to find out .

But if you ever need to log and ask anyone for help and zero is not zero, your logs will be screwed up - Edge fools the ECM after the calculation is done, so your logs are never representative of what your vehicle is actually doing.

I have enough problems keeping up with our own product, and have no desire to try and do that on competing products our customers may use. Perhaps Cummins Tuner has done the research for you, IDK.

Just remember, on certain products zero is not zero, just like a stock tune on a handheld isn't truly a stock tune....it's up to you whether you make the call to Edge and ask, or log with the Edge on zero then with the Edge disconnected so you can compare.

Cheers
Cindy

Sure cant. CSP5 is not released yet so you may not have the tune set to do so. Even if you do have a BETA tune, you still cant use the edge to switch it on the fly yet.

Guys,

My $.02 is added here. I have my Edge on "0" !
The guages are working.:clap: The truck runs terrific. I have the max economy tune, light tow & heavy tow. The mileage & performance have increased. I pushed past 502 HP & 1104 TQ. The dyno at Cummins Tuner verified all this. My daily driving is much better, as well.
Again, $.02 plus the actual proof is in my driveway.
WAYNES WORLD

Good for you Wayne LOL still not getting the point at hand here I dont think. Im done with trying to explain this to you and your silly icon gestures.

Just to clarify a couple of things. Wayne isn't switching on the fly with EFILive, he's either reflashing between his tunes or is not using EFILive.

EFILive will not support CSP integration with any other tuning product. The only external products that will be supported are NON Tuning products (ie gauges/monitors).

Until our next beta release, there is only one person who has operative CSP files....that's me, but unfortunately I don't have a truck :(

Cheers
Cindy

Good for you Wayne LOL still not getting the point at hand here I don't think. Im done with trying to explain this to you and your silly icon gestures.

3broce,

Are you the biggest dummy I have ever discussed anything with?????
First of all I TOLD IT WORKS but in your feeble mind , you still say it can't work !
Second, Your dysfunctional mind you tell me that my silly icons, yet you use one????
Last but surely not least, you already stated you were done talking ONCE BUT there you are again shooting off your mouth on my FACTS ! I can supply a dyno sheet showing that it works but you would say that it lies too !
So in conclusion, try to keep an open mind to facts that are laid out in front of you rather than deny they exist.

Cindy,

Thank You for trying to enlighten the illiterate . The NON-TUNING PRODUCTS are the only functioning guages. It seems we both are wasting our typing on someone who can't accept the truth.
Have a great day. I'm really enjoying my new & improved truck. I can't hardly wait to try the towing tunes.
Are you planning the switch on the fly for my truck anytime soon?
WAYNES WORLD

i apologize.... im slightly confused, phil (3broce) stated that an individual can not switch on the fly with EFI Live and Cindy repeated this as well... yet you are claiming to be switching between tunes?

and the non-tuning products are the functioning products with EFI live software however an edge j/a is a tuning platform, hence the argument of zero not being zero...

so how are you switching from one tune to another? are you shutting the truck off and using an autocal or a flashscan?

i am not trying to start any more of an argument, just curious how you found a way to use EFI live on the fly when it hasnt been released yet?

and i assure you 3broce is not illiterate, he was the one that hooked me up with EFI live to start with....

The way I understand, the only Edge product that will be able to support switchable tuning is the Insight cs/cts monitor period.

Wayne, I believe their is a bit of misunderstanding. No one said that EFI would not work with the Edge juice with attitude still connected, it will and the truck may run fine. What was said was that even tho it is set on the zero setting, it has been seen time and again thru log files, that it does still manipulate tables.

The edge works by intercepting signals from the ecm, sending them thru their ecm if you will, and manipulating them to get the desired result(more power, etc.). So unless all underhood connections are removed there is a good possibility it is still having an effect on the tune.

Customers who's vehicles have an EFILive tune in their ECM can use whatever gauges/monitors they desire. There is no restriction on that. The gauges will display whatever information the manufacturer provides.

When we release switchable tuning, customers can still use whatever gauges/monitors they desire, in this respect nothing changes. However, for customers wanting to switch tunes on the fly with a non-EFILive device, ONLY APPROVED DEVICES WILL BE INTEGRATED. Those approved devices need to meet our guidelines, which includes being a non-tuning device. For Edge, this is the CS and CTS monitors ONLY.

The word SWITCHING means lots of things. Wayne isn't' using CSP, but he is switching tunes - it's just terminology. He has an 08 6.7L....which hasn't even moved into beta testing yet (only 5.9L 06-07 trucks will be in our first CSP release) but can switch tunes by shutting the truck off and reflashing.

Wayne, I still think you need to check with Edge regarding the timing on 0, or data log so you can measure the actual impact on your tune. For the sake of a phone call or 20 mins of your life it's a pretty simple and cost effective offset compared to damaging your truck.

Cheers
Cindy

Back