Edge and Efi Live are a go

3broce,

Are you the biggest dummy I have ever discussed anything with?????
First of all I TOLD IT WORKS but in your feeble mind , you still say it can't work !
Second, Your dysfunctional mind you tell me that my silly icons, yet you use one????
Last but surely not least, you already stated you were done talking ONCE BUT there you are again shooting off your mouth on my FACTS ! I can supply a dyno sheet showing that it works but you would say that it lies too !
So in conclusion, try to keep an open mind to facts that are laid out in front of you rather than deny they exist.

Cindy,

Thank You for trying to enlighten the illiterate . The NON-TUNING PRODUCTS are the only functioning guages. It seems we both are wasting our typing on someone who can't accept the truth.
Have a great day. I'm really enjoying my new & improved truck. I can't hardly wait to try the towing tunes.
Are you planning the switch on the fly for my truck anytime soon?
WAYNES WORLD

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366935778.387113.jpg

so how are you switching from one tune to another? are you shutting the truck off and using an autocal or a flashscan?

Sometimes "voodoo" is better left un-spoken. I'm using an off-the-shelf tuner in a way never meant from the factory too....it takes lots of time, CAN bus snooping, and a someone that knows how it works to bounce ideas off of. Now if there is no way possible for the EFI Live tune to be switched because of how the firmware is written or flashed into the ECM that is one thing. But don't say "never." It is all 0's and 1's in the form of hexidecial. :D

Carry on. :pop:

Cindy,

The call was made & reaffirmed that I have no issues to concern myself with ! Thank You,
Guys, I NEVER said I was switching on the fly! I ONLY asked if it was coming! Comprehension was taught in grade school------ did you receive a "F" on your report card?

Penni,

Sometimes people type without rereading what they type.
Cindy was correct , The only way to switch a tune is to stop , plug in & then switch tunes. I hope this clears it up.
I hope everyone has a wonderful day ------
WAYNES WORLD

i got cha.... on the same page... apologize for the confusion

Customers who's vehicles have an EFILive tune in their ECM can use whatever gauges/monitors they desire. There is no restriction on that. The gauges will display whatever information the manufacturer provides.

When we release switchable tuning, customers can still use whatever gauges/monitors they desire, in this respect nothing changes. However, for customers wanting to switch tunes on the fly with a non-EFILive device, ONLY APPROVED DEVICES WILL BE INTEGRATED. Those approved devices need to meet our guidelines, which includes being a non-tuning device. For Edge, this is the CS and CTS monitors ONLY.

The word SWITCHING means lots of things. Wayne isn't' using CSP, but he is switching tunes - it's just terminology. He has an 08 6.7L....which hasn't even moved into beta testing yet (only 5.9L 06-07 trucks will be in our first CSP release) but can switch tunes by shutting the truck off and reflashing.

Wayne, I still think you need to check with Edge regarding the timing on 0, or data log so you can measure the actual impact on your tune. For the sake of a phone call or 20 mins of your life it's a pretty simple and cost effective offset compared to damaging your truck.

Cheers
Cindy
Cindy, everything is great he has a dyno sheet and his truck runs great lol haha. Why would he want to listen to us.

The way I understand, the only Edge product that will be able to support switchable tuning is the Insight cs/cts monitor period.

Wayne, I believe their is a bit of misunderstanding. No one said that EFI would not work with the Edge juice with attitude still connected, it will and the truck may run fine. What was said was that even tho it is set on the zero setting, it has been seen time and again thru log files, that it does still manipulate tables.

The edge works by intercepting signals from the ecm, sending them thru their ecm if you will, and manipulating them to get the desired result(more power, etc.). So unless all underhood connections are removed there is a good possibility it is still having an effect on the tune.

He will probably find a way to use his edge w attitude somehow to switch files and no one else will. I know for a fact and have had customers with edge tuning products and efi that have ran the edge and efi, and once they disconnected the edge device completely the truck ran and acted differently.

3broce,

Are you the biggest dummy I have ever discussed anything with?????
First of all I TOLD IT WORKS but in your feeble mind , you still say it can't work !
Second, Your dysfunctional mind you tell me that my silly icons, yet you use one????
Last but surely not least, you already stated you were done talking ONCE BUT there you are again shooting off your mouth on my FACTS ! I can supply a dyno sheet showing that it works but you would say that it lies too !
So in conclusion, try to keep an open mind to facts that are laid out in front of you rather than deny they exist.

Cindy,

Thank You for trying to enlighten the illiterate . The NON-TUNING PRODUCTS are the only functioning guages. It seems we both are wasting our typing on someone who can't accept the truth.
Have a great day. I'm really enjoying my new & improved truck. I can't hardly wait to try the towing tunes.
Are you planning the switch on the fly for my truck anytime soon?
WAYNES WORLD
You keep running your mouth so I have to reply. In case you didnt catch it I was mocking you with the icon. Guess your smarty pants didnt catch it. Like I said, have plenty of trucks that switched from edge to efi and tried running the edge as gauges and the timing tables were intercepted by the edge manipulated them. Maybe your truck is special just like you. i tried going about this in a well mannered way but it doesnt seem like that way is going to get it through your thick skull into what I am trying to explain. M-A-Y-B-E I S-H-O-U-L-D type S-L-O-W-E-R for Y-O-U.

Last edited:
You keep running your mouth so I have to reply. In case you didnt catch it I was mocking you with the icon. Guess your smarty pants didnt catch it. Like I said, have plenty of trucks that switched from edge to efi and tried running the edge as gauges and the timing tables were intercepted by the edge manipulated them. Maybe your truck is special just like you. i tried going about this in a well mannered way but it doesnt seem like that way is going to get it through your thick skull into what I am trying to explain. M-A-Y-B-E I S-H-O-U-L-D type S-L-O-W-E-R for Y-O-U.

Penni,

No problem.

Hey email tiger,

Maybe you should read slower to understand & comprehend-----
Its not for your benefit -----Its for others who actually want a correct answer that I tried to educate your pea brain.
Do you read what you type----- me running my mouth but you type 3, count them dummy, replies????
Have a nice day-----

WAYNES WORLD

Hey dingleberry, re-read your posts compared to mine. Maybe you dont understand what running your mouth is. You had a berry hanging as soon as I posted, look at your post. I dont think I am the one with a comprehending issue, but maybe you do since there are 4-5 ppl telling you different. Please tell me what I am not understanding or comprehending. Hmm, that some edge tuning products can still manipulate tuning even if they are set to stock or zero. Nope, I got that one but you didnt and probably wont. Sorry to tell you but your not educating me. This is hilarious to me.

Hey dingleberry, re-read your posts compared to mine. Maybe you dont understand what running your mouth is. You had a berry hanging as soon as I posted, look at your post. I dont think I am the one with a comprehending issue, but maybe you do since there are 4-5 ppl telling you different. Please tell me what I am not understanding or comprehending. Hmm, that some edge tuning products can still manipulate tuning even if they are set to stock or zero. Nope, I got that one but you didnt and probably wont. Sorry to tell you but your not educating me. This is hilarious to me.

Hey dummy,

I said it works , showed you proof & you still say it doesn't---- that is why technology moves forward while some people like you can't keep up. What do you think improvements can't be made by only one person?
Grow up------
WAYNES WORLD

Showing proof would be having the data logs showing that the Edge doesn't interfere with the EFI live tunes......just saying. On the other hand I didn't expect this thread to head in this direction but it has been entertaining, carry on.

Hey dummy,

I said it works , showed you proof & you still say it doesn't---- that is why technology moves forward while some people like you can't keep up. What do you think improvements can't be made by only one person?
Grow up------
WAYNES WORLD

What is this proof you speak of because I have not seen anything. Just your blabber mouth spewing nonsense about dynoing and mileage doesnt show me anything. You must truly believe that it is waynes world haha but your lost. Let me know when you figure how to data log mr technology.

Hope to put new files into beta this week.

Phil is right, without a datalog or an email from Edge confirming 0 timing is added Wayne hasn't proved anything other than his truck is running how he'd like it to. The timing tables in his tune from Cummins-Tuner may be mild enough to prevent catastrophe of additional timing being added by the Edge....

Cheers
Cindy

OK,

Let the truck do the talking. Where do I go to get The proof you need? If you think it can't be done You pay the entire bill ! I can provide the dyno sheet . see enclosed
After that ----- you decide -- but A high of 509 HP & 1104 TQ if that is a nothing tune.
What else do you need???? PUT UP OR SHUT UP
Cindy ,
I did send an email directly to Edge asking for your proof---

As an authority on EFI Live, WHY haven't you checked this out before hand? Why should a customer have to do this after he has had your program installed?
What makes you think that someone else hasn't found a way to do it?

Now its up to both of you to find a way to resolve this debate----

WAYNES WORLD

Attachments

• dyno sheet 1.jpg
    dyno sheet 1.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 0
First of all it's not Cindy's program it's Cummins tuners, second of all should smarty find out the information on an mp-8 pressure box for you when you stack them, no that's your job because you are stacking two different programs. It's your responsibily. I still can't believe after all this time you think a dyno graph is proof. Apparently you just don't get it.

Sent from My phone while the Boss wasn't looking.

Probably made those numbers because the edge was adding timing when he was on the dyno haha. Hopefully his truck melts. If those numbers are on a stock charger I would say it was about to anyway. Oh well, not my truck so I really dont care. Like I said, he is in his own world. Data logging doesnt need to be done on a dyno. I could really care less about dyno numbers anyway. Take it to the track for real numbers. Still isnt proving anything either way. Not sure how many times I need to say this but, dyno graph and numbers dont show me anything. Now if it were a log graph and some numbers it would be a different story. Its not Cindy or my job to find things out for you. Never ending with this guy.

Last edited:
EFI Live Tuning Discussion (Cummins) > Edge and Efi Live are a go

CGD,

I think you are wrong, but its my right to think that way.
If somebody thinks Does this adding programers without checking the source , you need to talk to somebody else. I made my decision after much discussion. Yes the proof is in the dyno sheet. But its the same for all three of us that day. Each of the other 2 trucks had no additional programer. Our numbers were almost exactly the same. Thus my Edge added NOTHING-----
What is your proof that it doesn't work, except for your mouth??????

Phil,
Thanks for showing how little you know about the EFI program. You might read the above reply, if you can stop your moaning long enough to read.

Again if you want more proof, I'll pay for 1/2 the cost , care to pay the rest??? Since you indicate Cindy doesn't have to waste her time----
If you have any balls at all ----put up or shut up like you said many times before-----
If not try to do more research------ I DID.
BTW, my truck runs fine & will for a long time-----EAT YOUR HEART OUT !

WAYNES WORLD

Back