Edge and Efi Live are a go

As I read back through this thread, I don't recall seeing anyone tell you that running the edge j/a and efi live wouldn't work. It was only stated that there is a possibility that even though the edge is set on 0 it can still have an effect on timing. Last I checked I couldn't tell what timing my truck was at via a dyno graph. That is why others are asking for data logs or a comment from edge on what the timing is at on 0. I was also there the day you dyno'd your truck, in fact I even talked to you for a brief moment, didn't get to see your run though because we left for the drag strip right away. My friends and I even got a kick out of your license plate, very clever. I'm glad to hear your truck is running well and you are happy with it. We are just trying to make sure that it can continue running well without any worries.

Again, not sure why I am going to pay for you data log your own truck on the street. Your comment does not make any sense about the EFI Live program either because I did read it and there was a dyno graph and some numbers. Not a log video. For the record, I never did say it wouldnt work, just that it may still be manipulating tables. I am playing a dummy again because I do not know why I am at fault here haha.

Last edited:
I have proven many times on the dyno that a Edge J/A WILL manipulate tables even on (0).

FWIW to the OP.

CGD,

I realize we all are trying to get as much information as we can to make correct decisions before any decisions on adding hardware to our trucks. Thanks for the kind words. How did your truck run at the track? Did you have the dyno "track run" ? How did it compare to the actual track run?

Phil,

I mentioned you should split the cost if you have the courage of your convictions. That way we all could have a definitive answer. Plus you decided that my truck would have a melt down without knowing even what tune I was using. So an informed person wouldn't have stuck his neck out that far------- It was fun----have a great day----

2007 5.9,

Can you show anything here so we all can see it ? I must have missed it previously.

WAYNES WORLD

I don't have saved dyno graphs at my disposal anymore. The shop I used to tune with and dyno i used, stopped dyno testing and sold the hardware.

Sorry, I just have my word.

CGD,

I realize we all are trying to get as much information as we can to make correct decisions before any decisions on adding hardware to our trucks. Thanks for the kind words. How did your truck run at the track? Did you have the dyno "track run" ? How did it compare to the actual track run?

WAYNES WORLD

I did not have my truck at that time, My friend had his 05, the first truck on the dyno. It made 420 hp and 830 tq. At GLD later that day he ran a 13.7 at 96 mph with a 1.9 60 ft. It was his first time ever drag racing. That comes out to 444 or 471 to the wheels depending on which calculator you use at 7400lbs. The truck has a built trans, Bully Dog w/ Crazy Larry, and a Fleece Cheetah charger everything else stock. The truck made more hp on Huckstorf's dyno with the stock charger different dyno different results.

Cindy ,
I did send an email directly to Edge asking for your proof---

As an authority on EFI Live, WHY haven't you checked this out before hand? Why should a customer have to do this after he has had your program installed?
What makes you think that someone else hasn't found a way to do it?

Now its up to both of you to find a way to resolve this debate----
WAYNES WORLD
Wayne,

We develop tuning software. We don't write tunes. We don't offer tuning advice. We develop software for people to use to create their own tunes for 100's of different vehicles - GM Gas and Diesel, 1997-2014, and Dodge Cummins. Customers are responsible for their tuning decisions given they write their own tunes. If you don't want that responsibility, then EFILive is not the product for you and your vehicle.

Our advice to all of our customers, if you chose to run EFILive, we recommend you don't use the programming device of a competitor. You are. While you have the setting on 0, you are still choosing to use the programming device of a competitor.

I'm not saying you can't, clearly you can. What I am saying to you is THAT YOU as the person who is running the tune, or your tuner NEEDS TO DOUBLE CHECK the impact. If your timing is conservative, you probably will never have a problem IF timing is added....but if it was MY $40K truck, I think I'd want to know.

We've heard some products do add timing and some products don't. We are politely telling you we've heard of an issue, what you chose to do with that information is your call.

Cheers
Cindy

Wayne,

We develop tuning software. We don't write tunes. We don't offer tuning advice. We develop software for people to use to create their own tunes for 100's of different vehicles - GM Gas and Diesel, 1997-2014, and Dodge Cummins. Customers are responsible for their tuning decisions given they write their own tunes. If you don't want that responsibility, then EFILive is not the product for you and your vehicle.

Our advice to all of our customers, if you chose to run EFILive, we recommend you don't use the programming device of a competitor. You are. While you have the setting on 0, you are still choosing to use the programming device of a competitor.

I'm not saying you can't, clearly you can. What I am saying to you is THAT YOU as the person who is running the tune, or your tuner NEEDS TO DOUBLE CHECK the impact. If your timing is conservative, you probably will never have a problem IF timing is added....but if it was MY $40K truck, I think I'd want to know.

We've heard some products do add timing and some products don't. We are politely telling you we've heard of an issue, what you chose to do with that information is your call.

Cheers
Cindy

Cindy,

I fully understand your reply. Thanks for clearing up who is responsible. But I DID do the research & then made my decision as you suggest. I do think that feedback from customers will benefit you, your product & the average joe who buys your product. Maybe a data base of feedback on variables from customers is needed?
My tuner did his R&D as well. Thus my tunes & my truck will be just fine. The tunes were never discussed here . That is where people should have started before the discussion got out of hand.
My DD is of great value to me so I would never put race tunes on it. It is the vehicle that I depend on to get to work as well as tow my race truck. Yes, I want it to be the best tow/DD vehicle it can be. So if your product can help----- it will get it but not a full on race version.
I believe this exchange will help some people make their decisions more intelligently without fear of ruining their motor.
Thanks for everyone's ideas,
WAYNES WORLD

get on topic who cares if he is hard headed let him blow his shi* up, i wont to know when edge is going to incorporate the csp5 control into the insight.

That is what I meant with my interest in an update... I don't really care about running a normal edge with EFI live...

Sent from phone

Another week,another update. Our testers should get what we hope is our final CSP beta this week.

Edge integration is progressing.

Cheers
Cindy

EFI Live Tuning Discussion

Guys & Girls,

My truck is running fine :snoop:
It's still getting great mileage:clap:
Power is fantastic :evil

WAYNES WORLD

Phil, I'll be giving you or Cody a call here soon, I'm getting bigger sticks so I'll need new tunes

sent from the phone

An update on CSP for 5.9L Customers.

We did a soft opening for CSP 5.9L yesterday to test our upgrade documentation. There is now a range of public vehicles running our switchable tuning.

I won't commit to a public release date until we've collated feedback...but it's not far away!

Cheers
Cindy

Back