FASS Diesel Nationals June 6th @ IRP

Yes it was a very good event. NHRDA treated us very well. Thanks for everything you did for us. If you missed this event you missed a very good time! Brady

Yea I was typing like a mad man on the plane on the way home, still have quite a bit to finish... killed the battery.

Those of you that live in Indianapolis are very lucky, that is a beautiful city from what I saw, and the track and staff were amazing. Can't wait to go back...

Was only able to see a couple of the sled runs in the evening, that was pretty cool to watch since we don't have dedicated pullers on the west coast except for Scott.

We need Steak and Shakes on the west coast...

Met a lot of new people, saw a lot of families come into the event, everyone was very friendly which just makes the event even better.

I had a lot of fun at the event as well. Just wish it was a two day event my favorate part the last few years was hanging out at the hotels with everyone and talking about trucks. Seemed like everyone left before all the trucks were dont pulling, I stayed the whole time and was hoping that people were going to hang out afterwords but everyone was gone. Im looking forward to schieds.. i hear its a 3 day event this year. My only dissapointments were that it was a one day event and it didnt have the night life i guess you could say.

The NHRDA would like to thank all the sponsor’s , competitor’s and spectators that made the 2009 FASS Diesel Nationals such a success. We are currently on the road to Billings Montana for the 5th Annual Big Sky Truck Fest. We will do a complete press release on this event next week when we are back in the office and can go over all of our data.

This was our first year putting on this event and we hope all those that came out to the FASS Diesel Nationals had a good time. We do have a lot of ideas on how to make this event even bigger for next year and we would like any input or ideas from you to make next years event even a bigger success.

Please email your thoughts and ideas to info-09@nhrda.com

Again thanks to everyone that made the FASS Diesel Nationals such a huge success and a special thanks to all our vendors and sponsors.

FASS Fuel Systems (official fuel system of the NHRDA)
MBRP Exhaust (official exhaust for the NHRDA)
Macdonald Machinery (official equipment supplier for the NHRDA)
South Bend Clutch (official Clutch of the NHRDA)
Dynomite Diesel (official Injector of the NHRDA)
Pull n Power LLC
Dave Diesel
AFE Power
Grand Rock Exhaust
ATS Diesel Performance
Power Service Products (official diesel additive of the NHRDA)
The Diesel Store.com
Randy’s Offroad Connection
Mr Deez Motorsports
Edge Products
TS Performance
Silverline Exhaust
Enterprise Engine Performance
Industrial Injection
ATS Diesel Performance
Diablosport (official tuner of the NHRDA)
Elite Diesel
Garmon’s Diesel Performance
Amsoil
Oreilly Auto Parts

The NHRDA would like to give a special thanks to Pull n Power LLC,this is a top notch sled pulling organization that really does care about the pullers and the quality of the track. After the event we sat down with Pull n Power and Daves Diesel (who started Thunder in Muncie years ago) and stay tuned for future announcements but it looks like the 3 companies will combine our efforts to revive Thunder in Muncie next year. The date of course will be different from the FASS Diesel Nationals.

FASS Diesel National Payouts

Sled Pulling
Unlimited Class
Robert Miller $1500.00
Faith Miller $1000.00

Pro Mod Class
Wesley Kusilek $1000.00
Brad Ingram $600.00
Darren Smith $300.00
Russ Dionne $150.00
Clint Cannon $75.00

2.8 Class
Rick Scrimager $750.00
Darren Smith $500.00
John Swartzentraber $300.00
Brandon Reisert $150.00
Wesley Kusilek $75.00

Peter from South Bend also gave the top 3 competitors in 2.8 class cash in hand , again thanks Peter for being such a sponsor and supporter for the NHRDA
2.8 Class
Rick Scrimager $400.00
Darren Smith $300.00
John Swartzentraber $200.00

2.6 Class
Matt Gainer $500.00
J.T. Zapein $300.00
Scott Willoughby $175.00
Marcus Pierce $100.00
Justin Overmyer $50.00

Workstock Class
Scott Willoughby $300.00
Marty Nicklas $200.00
Marcus Pierce $100.00
J.T. Zapin $50.00
Will Dalenberg $ 35.00

Total payouts for Sled Pulling $ 9110.00

Diesel Drag Racing
Top Diesel
John Robinson $2000.00
Bo Lane $1000.00

Pro Stock
Bill Hann $1500.00
Charlie Stewart $750.00
Alex Laughlin $350.00

Pro Street
Seth Sullivan $1000.00
Rich Buckley $500.00
Josh Schmitt $250.00

Super Street
Jeff Dean $700.00
Brian Parker $350.00
Joel Greathouse $175.00

Sportsman Et
Dean Sheldon $500.00
Justin Childers $250.00
Joel Greathouse $125.00

Contingency won by drag race competitors was $4050.00

Total payouts for Drag Racing were $13,500.00

Burnout Contest
South Bend Clutches was at it again and Peter gave out $1400.00 in cash prizes to the top 3 competitors

FASS Diesel National overall Payouts $24010.00

Well we are off to Billings Montana , thanks again to everyone

I had an absolutely awsome time, as usual. As has already been mentioned, there was a different, more "family friendly" tone to this event. For those who were having alcohol withdrawals, there was a great time after the event concluded. The major hot-spots I personally visited were the FASS suite, the ATS booth/RV, and the Dave's Diesel pulling pits.

It was also great to see some old friends, spend time with people I'd met once before (and now would call them "friends"), and make some other new friends.

I think, as a community, we showed Indianapolis that diesel racers and pullers can get together and have a good time, without resorting to juvenile behavior. I felt very good about our sport after this weekend.

Okay, maybe there was a little juvenile behavior, but it was conducted under closely supervised conditions ;)

Regards,
Michael Pliska

I dont care about the drinking.. I just like having time to hang out with everyone and their trucks after the event. I think it was 2 years ago when we all went to the industrial parking lot and all hung out. That was the best year I think.

Awesome event. Ran pretty smooth for it being their first time running it. I had a blast watching the big dogs make passes.

Thanks NHRDA!!!!

See yinz at Thompson, OH in July!!!!!!

Well there you have it boys, Now we all have a sanctioning body that is fair & that we can all live with. These guys have laid their ass on the line for the sake of making this happen. Now. Its up to us to keep showing up at the events & participate. They can only do so much to make a show when only a few show up.........So lets get those projects finished & get off the keyboard & lets get to racing.

Well there you have it boys, Now we all have a sanctioning body that is fair & that we can all live with. These guys have laid their ass on the line for the sake of making this happen. Now. Its up to us to keep showing up at the events & participate. They can only do so much to make a show when only a few show up.........So lets get those projects finished & get off the keyboard & lets get to racing.

Couldn't agree with you more John. So far every event that I've been involved in with the NHRDA has proven to me the amount of hard work they'll put in to put on a show for the people, and competitors to enjoy!

Since we're on the subject of showing up at events...does this mean you may make a trip up north to the Ohio event? I'm sure there are a ton of guys from the north coast here that would die to see that go-cart of yours tear down the 1/4!

Don't forget Florida either! it's your division ya know! (I have no shame I want to see your ride)

Believe me, If i had the cash i would be all over the place. Most all of my pit help has used up their vacation days & my business needs my constant attention. We have just 2 more events penciled in for this year & both are in the nhra. The last will be at the fall nationals...........Too bad i wasnt born rich.:hehe:

Unfortuanately, it was still in Iowa. We tried like hell to get there though. We finally had it ready and loaded it in the trailer at 7pm Friday evening. We originally planned to be in Indy by 5:30 to race at ORP that night. However, around 9pm we stopped to recheck some things and I found the hubs on my borrowed trailer to be ungodly hot. So rather than trash some hubs and whatever else, we limped it back home. Hopefully by the next race I have our trailer done.

Believe me, If i had the cash i would be all over the place. Most all of my pit help has used up their vacation days & my business needs my constant attention. We have just 2 more events penciled in for this year & both are in the nhra. The last will be at the fall nationals...........Too bad i wasnt born rich.:hehe:

Wtf??? You just won 2 grand do you now need show up money daum what a tard. Not born rich you look rich. Haha

Last edited:
Back